Hereford United

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Till I Die
Team Supported: Darlington

Hereford United

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Have been thrown out of the Conference Premier. Chester City are reprieved to the Conference Premier and Hayes and Yeading are reprieved to the Conference South.

Surely it's too late for Hereford United to go in to another League like ourselves.... Feel for their fans!
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Spyman

Re: Hereford United

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:04 pm

I wonder whether they'll do what we did and try to pay back debts? If so, I wonder what name the FA will force on them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:02 pm

They've been thrown out of the conference but as far as I'm aware they are not in administration and trying to come out of it, so it's not really comparable to our situation at the moment.

They will probably end up in the Evostik Premier, like what we thought was going to happen to us.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Doesn't seem that long since the comments on Bulls Banter along the lines of "you should have given Davey a proper contract, not our fault", and "look we're in the league, we'll never play you again, get over Davey" etc.

Feel sorry for the majority of their fans though, despite that.

Seems the two things that went wrong there were...

1 The fans hounding Graham Turner out - who got them from the conference to league 1 on a shoestring, while bringing financial stability and frugality - in order to sell to Keyte and Russon who were "Hereford fan" businessmen with apparently plenty of money and ambition...

2 The appointment of Pieman Gravey. Set them on a slide that they just never recovered from. Although Davey only lasted about 10 matches he brought in a full squad of useless, substandard players - some he'd lined up for Darlo - on good 2 year contracts. That truly fucked them up, because by the time they had managed to get rid of them all, Hereford were back in non league, doing poorly, gates and income on the decline and the chairman had lost interest in putting money in.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:52 pm

My mum lives a few miles away from Hereford. She thinks there's a long time plan in place to sell the stadium for building! She might have a point as the ground's a bit of a wreck, but it's in a prime position, next to a main road in the centre of the town.

The whole set up reminds me of Darlo at Feethams. Hereford are certainly on a downward spiral that's for sure, crowds and sponsorship will decline even more now.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Quite Ironic that the last team to be expelled were Chester in 2010

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Feel sorry for Hereford, they will be so many genuine fans who have supported their club for many years and genuinely won't even know if they have a team to follow next season.

We know what this is like and it's not nice, I hope they get put in Evostick Prem level as I think this is the highest they can expect.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:07 pm

This whole regional non league stuff is getting silly now .... Lowestoft (near bloody Ipswich, I think) are going to be moved to the Conference North .... They'll have a local derby with ..... errrr .... Oxford City (yeah right) and also play Gloucester City, Worcester City and Leamington. No wonder northern clubs are sinking faster than the bloody titanic!

http://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.php ... -the-north?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:58 am

AIDO wrote:This whole regional non league stuff is getting silly now .... Lowestoft (near bloody Ipswich, I think) are going to be moved to the Conference North .... They'll have a local derby with ..... errrr .... Oxford City (yeah right) and also play Gloucester City, Worcester City and Leamington. No wonder northern clubs are sinking faster than the bloody titanic!

http://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.php ... -the-north?
When you promote 4 southern teams and 2 northern teams into the Conference Regional leagues each year and relegate 3 from each of thesouth and north divisions, this situation is going to get worse every year

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:20 am

I'd still be interested to compare still the average travelling distances Conference North/Conference South.

By road Lowestoft is closer to Edinburgh than it is to Penzance.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/maps/conference_north.php
http://www.nonleague.co.uk/maps/conference_south.php

Someone else can work it out, it might be a bit closer than some suspect. The cluster of clubs around London will bring things down (not that distance is comparable timewise down there!).

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Spyman wrote:I wonder whether they'll do what we did and try to pay back debts? If so, I wonder what name the FA will force on them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
well, morally you would hope they do try and pay their debts back as are we.

but from a selfish fan point of view, the FA clearly demonstrated in our case that having morals bears no impact on being treated as the same club. so they might as well stick two fingers up to those in debt, start again as Hereford 123 and in 5 years when the FA get bored or the club gain a higher profile, slyly drop the 123 / 1883 / AFC.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:56 pm

One of my favourite ever games was the play-off semi final there when we won think it was the first leg but you would have thought we'd been promoted with all that noise. Fantastic turnout and atmosphere in the away end!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:38 pm

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06 ... eford.html

Football outside the premiershit is becoming this! It's wrong .... It's criminal .... But they continue to get away with it ... Look deeper you will find that Hereford's "new saviour".... isn't at all what he seems .... All too familiar .... All very very sad and outrageous!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:58 pm

lo36789 wrote:I'd still be interested to compare still the average travelling distances Conference North/Conference South.

By road Lowestoft is closer to Edinburgh than it is to Penzance.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/maps/conference_north.php
http://www.nonleague.co.uk/maps/conference_south.php

Someone else can work it out, it might be a bit closer than some suspect. The cluster of clubs around London will bring things down (not that distance is comparable timewise down there!).

I saw the mileage for Lowestoft next season, it was posted on twitter today, some 8400+ miles to travel. Their nearest game is apparently Boston, a 209 miles round trip and they have a 650 mile trip to Barrow for good measure

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Looking at the Hereford equivalent of Uncovered it seems to be the familiar saga of owners who don't understand/care about the club as a football club, but just as a business to be exploited for their own benefit - it seems that potential land development be a factor (sounds familiar)

There is mention of a Steve Vaughan being involved in some allegedly shady way - probably my memory playing tricks, but wasn't someone of that name sniffing around us during one of our financial crises?

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Alfie wrote:There is mention of a Steve Vaughan being involved in some allegedly shady way - probably my memory playing tricks, but wasn't someone of that name sniffing around us during one of our financial crises?
.... :o .... and the reason behind the ultimate demise of Chester City .... Never mention his name in or around Chester fans .... :think:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:43 pm

spen666 wrote:I saw the mileage for Lowestoft next season, it was posted on twitter today, some 8400+ miles to travel. Their nearest game is apparently Boston, a 209 miles round trip and they have a 650 mile trip to Barrow for good measure
What would they have had in conference south though? That means nothing without that comparison. Their closest game there from what I can see is Bishop Stortford (172mile round trip).

They would have had Weston-Super-Mare (554 miles) and Bath (502 miles) in the conference South.

I have sort of thrown it on to google maps and from what I can see in the Conf North they have 2 clubs which are >440mile round trips away (Fylde & Barrow), in the Conference South they would have had 5 clubs outside of this distance. Plus for every single away trip they would have had the M25 to put up with.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:02 pm

An all too familiar scenario these days

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Very sad what's happened but on a selfish note 2 words, Rob Purdie, let's get him back :thumbup:

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Apparently they have had discussions to join the Southern Premier Division next season, which is the southern equivalent of the league above us, they'll be a team light due to Hayes & Yeading's reprieve in the conference south.

The whole thing will be a huge shock to the system but I hope at the very least they will have football next season.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:02 pm

quaker4life wrote:Apparently they have had discussions to join the Southern Premier Division next season, which is the southern equivalent of the league above us, they'll be a team light due to Hayes & Yeading's reprieve in the conference south.

The whole thing will be a huge shock to the system but I hope at the very least they will have football next season.
Don't they have to apply to join the league by the end of March or there abouts? Surely they would have to start at the same point as us in the pyramid or is it a different rule for Hereford as has so often been the case in the past.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:50 pm

I believe that applies to new clubs, they must submit applications by then. However Hereford aren't a new club they haven't gone into administration or been liquidated, they're just in limbo at the moment like we were a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:58 pm

DL5 wrote:Very sad what's happened but on a selfish note 2 words, Rob Purdie, let's get him back :thumbup:
Purdie is now retired and lives and works in the good old city of Hereford .... He's as distraught as all the other fans but he is also a creditor ..... :roll:

For those who empathise with all of this, the following link leads to a very distraught fans sad eulogy .... Again ... It all sounds very familiar ..... :roll:

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06 ... angry.html

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Look all set to start from scratch ..... New club n all that .....

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06 ... uncil.html

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Another club with a council owned stadium, makes life so much easier. Shame our council flattened ours...

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 am

divas wrote:Another club with a council owned stadium, makes life so much easier. Shame our council flattened ours...
I thought Feethams was owned by the Cricket Club not the council

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:55 am

spen666 wrote:
divas wrote:Another club with a council owned stadium, makes life so much easier. Shame our council flattened ours...
I thought Feethams was owned by the Cricket Club not the council
I think he means if a ground is council owned it makes life easier. He then goes on to say it is a pity our council flattened ours (by letting the cricket club/builder have planning permission for housing).
Insinuating that our council are &^%$%& and it would never have happened if the council were football friendly as a lot of councils seem to be.
Personally I still blame 100% the idiots who owned the club and thought they could bully the council into co-operation. :cry:

Divas does not get many things wrong.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:03 am

Who actually flattened the ground at the time we moved out?

grytters

Post by grytters » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 pm

And, surprise surprise.

The FA place Hereford United in the Southern League, Premier Division.

http://southern-football-league.co.uk/p ... n/fixtures
Premier Division Fixtures
Saturday 09 August 2014
Arlesey Town v Dorchester Town
Banbury United v Poole Town
Bideford v Dunstable Town
Biggleswade Town v Chippenham Town
Burnham v Slough Town
Corby Town v Hitchin Town
Hereford United v St Neots Town
Histon v Frome Town
Paulton Rovers v Cirencester Town
Redditch United v Cambridge City
Truro City v Chesham United
Weymouth v Hungerford Town
Bring Back the Quarters

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:05 pm

lo36789 wrote:Who actually flattened the ground at the time we moved out?
I believe the council served a demolition order on Feethams and carried out the work themselves due to shall we say the "unsafe" condition it was in.