What's In a Name?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

What's In a Name?

Post by spen666 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Just seen this on the FA Website
http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/20 ... me-changes

Thought it may have been commented upon on this forum since the story broke.

Darlo will

Re: What's In a Name?

Post by Darlo will » Fri May 23, 2014 2:21 pm

nice of them to actually give us a reason why
We score when we want
we score when we want
we are darlo
we score when we want

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri May 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Be good to understand the reasoning.

You know the real reason is that they don't like clubs who don't pay off the full debts, unless of course they are a big club and then they can do what they want really.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri May 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Have to laugh at that 'story'. 99% of it is just filler.

No reasoning to their decision whatsoever. Might as well have just said 'The FA have rejected Darlington 1883's name change to Darlington F.C. just coz....'.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Really, that article should be titled 'Who are the FA council?'.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri May 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Pleased to hear we had a go! Well done board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am

Spyman wrote:Really, that article should be titled 'Who are the FA council?'.
The Council’s decisions – carried by a vote of its members – came after recommendations from The FA’s Membership Committee.
Which basically says that the Council members just ticked whichever box the FA's Membership Committee recommended them to.

So, who are the FA Membership Committee?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 24, 2014 12:49 pm

We just have to keep on trying.

There have been precedents set, Maidstone United and Newport County are just two examples of clubs that went bust, reformed, and latterly got their old names back - though after a number of years.

Whereas Scarborough, Spennymoor, Chester, Halifax, Telford are examples of clubs that went bust and now operate under a new name - none of these clubs have reverted to their old name, though that is perhaps because they don't want to, rather than they're not allowed.

See, if you've gone bust and reformed, there is an argument NOT to go back to the old name, and some clubs may well be happy to be known as a new, fresh club with a new name - disassociate themselves from the defunct club if you like.

However, we never did go bust. No matter how much the FA tell us we did, no matter how much trolls tell us we did - we DIDN'T. We saved the club, we would not die.

This is why it's always going to be important to get our name back - well we own the name and badge anyway - so I should say that's why it's always going to be important to be able to use our name for playing fixtures.

Just got to keep trying every year or every other year until the FA agree that enough is enough.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Sat May 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Completely agree. We must not give in and accept their decision. Persistence is key.
Northern League Champions 2013

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat May 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Pester Power I believe is the common phrase these days. BUT how many of the FA Commitee have kids and would recognise the phrase? Come to that, how many of them have the nuts required to become parents? Few if any I submit. :roll:

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Mon May 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Hilly wrote:Have to laugh at that 'story'. 99% of it is just filler.

No reasoning to their decision whatsoever. Might as well have just said 'The FA have rejected Darlington 1883's name change to Darlington F.C. just coz....'.
..........we aint screwed them enough yet :crazy:

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon May 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Director of Football Operations Laura Drew said “We know how important it is for the fans that the club is recognised by its rightful name, and we certainly put a strong application together for a change
I take it our applications are normally pretty weak? ;)

Id be interested if the club were given more of a reason why they rejected our application though.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 pm

shawry wrote:
Director of Football Operations Laura Drew said “We know how important it is for the fans that the club is recognised by its rightful name, and we certainly put a strong application together for a change
I take it our applications are normally pretty weak? ;)

Id be interested if the club were given more of a reason why they rejected our application though.
Haha.

I do think we'll have a better change once the liquidators final report is completed for the old co. How long have we got left on our CVA payments?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Glad to see we are actively pursuing this. Obviously not the result we wanted, but I think it's very important to get the name changed back. Not least for my health, as my blood boils whenever I see "1883" after our name. Every time it brings back memories of what happened to us thanks to the actions of one man, and how draconian the FAs decision was.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri May 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Does anyone know if the club got more of a reason for the refusal?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk