Play off tickets.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Play off tickets.

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:47 pm

I have just read the article on the website in relation to the playoff tickets for the seating areas. Surely it would be far simpler if they allow season ticket holders to use their allocated seats after they have purchased a match ticket as they have their seat numbers on them.

It will be far easier and less hassle than the first come basis.

onewayup

Re: Play off tickets.

Post by onewayup » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:08 pm

i agree with you ,season ticket holders should be given the chance to buy their seasons allocated seat prior to them going on sale to everbody.and the same for the final.should we attain that place, however it is only days between these games and it would be near impossible to do for the final.we,ll just have to see how things work out ,powers that be do a very good job under difficult circumstance,s

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:28 pm

We have more than enough seats for people who need them. Yes it would be nice to have the place you've been used to. But the golf stands will finally become of use. People might not have cover. But us standees won't be guaranteed if that either. And if you see us gain a second promotion then isn't that worth potentially getting damp?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm

I don't have an issue with standing but some of the elderly do. My suggestion was that as the season tickets already have your allocated seat number on them it would far easier just to allow them to be used for the game after match tickets have been bought.

Easier to police and less chance of altercations.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 pm

So we have the following information.
  • * Both games (If we win the Semi and they are both at home) will be all ticket.
    * Season Ticket holders will only get to buy tickets for the Semi Final in advance and not the final if we get there.
    * Tickets available in Quaker Retail or Online (Small Fee).
    * Tickets available for Semi Final asap.
    * Allocation given to opponents.
    * Tickets for these games are not included in the Season Ticket and a seperate ticket will have to be purchased.
    * Ticket prices not confirmed, if at home hoping to be normal standard match day prices.
    * Seated Tickets - Can't allocate a seat and it will be buy seated tickets and pick your seat on a first come/first served basis. (Due to short timescales).

Ben J

Post by Ben J » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:46 pm

so we cant use our season tickets and have to buy a separate ticket

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Ben J wrote:so we cant use our season tickets and have to buy a separate ticket
Yes,season tickets are only for normal league home games.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Assuming naivety on your part but yes that's correct. Season Tickets end final league game of season against Burscough on 26th April and any playoff games everyone will have to buy a ticket/pay for the game.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Surely tickets will be on sale for the final home game of the season. We will be able to shift at least a thousand then.

If they require volunteers to help sell them I am more than willing to come down early and stay late to assist in selling them.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Certainly a wind-up
M I C R A 3

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 pm

quakerste wrote:Surely tickets will be on sale for the final home game of the season. We will be able to shift at least a thousand then.

If they require volunteers to help sell them I am more than willing to come down early and stay late to assist in selling them.
Could be worth dropping Dave Mills at dave@dfc1883.co.uk an email, always think these things are covered but often they club need to be approached.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:38 am

quakerste wrote:I have just read the article on the website in relation to the playoff tickets for the seating areas. Surely it would be far simpler if they allow season ticket holders to use their allocated seats after they have purchased a match ticket as they have their seat numbers on them.

It will be far easier and less hassle than the first come basis.
I don't think it's as straight forward as you might think. Home clubs in play-off matches will have additional obligations to provide seating allocations in the main stand for FA and Northern Premier League officials. Therefore I guess the club is trying to be fair to everyone by making it first come first served.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:31 am

When are the play off games to be played, is it the wednesday night with a possible final on the saturday?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

We should set up a stall to sell tickets inside the ground against Burscough, and make an assumption (as tickets will already have needed to be printed), but have the same provision for after the semi final game (if we win) and assuming we finish 2nd.

HairyJ
Team Supported: Darlington FC and now DRUFC

Post by HairyJ » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm

At least having a stall inside the ground for Burscough will give the gate some kind of boost as it will be rewarding the loyalty of fans i.e. go to the Burscough game and you will be entitled to a ticket for the semifinal playoff. This obviates the need for other methods to distribute tokens and for those people who would find it difficult to go into town to buy a ticket from the shop. Wouldn't mind if the season ticket holders got first dibbs on the (covered) seats. The stall could also flog off any surplus stock and if possible also give us a chance to see &/or order the new strip for next season. Any chance of a return of the beer tent? Don't forget to order more pies and programmes than usual. All these are commercial opportunities that we must grab with both hands as we are in need of the cash for the return to Darlo and also to see us through the close season when no gate income will be received.

cuppabovril

Post by cuppabovril » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:02 pm

Does anybody know how many tickets will be allocated for the away fans?

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 pm

cuppabovril wrote:Does anybody know how many tickets will be allocated for the away fans?
Probably about 250 I'd guess
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business