Northwich v Bamber Bridge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AIDO
Team Supported: Darlington

Northwich v Bamber Bridge

Post by AIDO » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:16 pm

Northwich 2-0 up v Bamber Bridge
Last edited by AIDO on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AIDO

Re: Tonight's game

Post by AIDO » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:05 pm

3-0 now ........
Last edited by AIDO on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:23 pm

unless bamber have a ridic comeback it means a draw on saturday will secure 2nd/3rd place and a home leg in the semi final

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Final score Northwich Victoria 4 - Bamber Bridge 0

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Northwich seem to have had some great results of late.
FORZA DARLO

divas

Post by divas » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 pm

A good manager at this level is worth their weight in gold. Gannon has them very well drilled

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:15 am

Sidarlo wrote:unless bamber have a ridic comeback it means a draw on saturday will secure 2nd/3rd place and a home leg in the semi final
Aye first and foremost we have to win on Saturday, but if we do and Ramsbottom beat Warrington then we will pretty much have 2nd place wrapped up (it would need a 23+ goal turnaround in 2 games otherwise).

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:27 am

At least the club can pretty much start preparing for a game on Wed 30th April, so gives them 2 weeks to ensure everything is ready.

Do we think it will need to be all ticket, will we have enough interest in this game to fill HP on a Wednesday night.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 am

lo36789 wrote:
Sidarlo wrote:unless bamber have a ridic comeback it means a draw on saturday will secure 2nd/3rd place and a home leg in the semi final
Aye first and foremost we have to win on Saturday, but if we do and Ramsbottom beat Warrington then we will pretty much have 2nd place wrapped up (it would need a 23+ goal turnaround in 2 games otherwise).
exactly, ideally we can wrap up 2nd by saturday and rest a few players at least for the Wakefield game on Monday.

then i think its grays preference if he plays the first team against Burscough or rests them

Not sure about the ticket situation, honestly think would have to make it all ticket but not sure if it would sell out
Final would be a sell out on saturday all day long

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 am

Sidarlo wrote:[... and rest a few players at least for the Wakefield game on Monday.

then i think its grays preference if he plays the first team against Burscough or rests them
... :) ... Not sure we have a whole other team other than youngsters and that wouldn't be right in the whole scheme of things. All the team need match practice right up to the semi game ... We need to try and build on our momentum and team play tactics .... Resting players for 15mins to half an hour is fine, but not a whole game at this level, with such a big game coming up, in my eyes.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:29 am

AIDO wrote:
Sidarlo wrote:[... and rest a few players at least for the Wakefield game on Monday.

... :) ... Not sure we have a whole other team other than youngsters and that wouldn't be right in the whole scheme of things. All the team need match practice right up to the semi game ... We need to try and build on our momentum and team play tactics .... Resting players for 15mins to half an hour is fine, but not a whole game at this level, with such a big game coming up, in my eyes.
I think he'll wait and see, who knows we may have a few players carrying knocks etc. He will no doubt be wondering which attackers to start with as all of them seem to be playing well at the moment. Then there's the question of whether White gets a place or not.....I don't think he has a real first eleven but a good solid fifteen to choose from.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:03 pm

I reckon our core players will be playing not much more than an hour if we secure 2nd spot with games to play.

The likes of Thompson, Hunter and Robinson will need to be kept fresh but not to the point of risking injuries or fatigue.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 pm

thats what i am thinking, hopson is still involved with the squad why not give him a game instead of thommo purely for a break. We have four good center backs at out club so Hunter could easily take a break having not long come back from injury

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Sidarlo wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Not sure about the ticket situation, honestly think would have to make it all ticket but not sure if it would sell out
Final would be a sell out on saturday all day long
Almost certainly semi-final will be all-ticket but club won't be able to announce any details until we obtain at least 1 more point (assuming Bamber Bridge can't overcome a goal difference of 28).

CrazyDarlo

Re: Northwich v Bamber Bridge

Post by CrazyDarlo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:12 pm

For me we need Robinson back, Brown is hopeless in midfield.
My Lineup for the playoffs
Bell
Galbreith Hunter White Walker

Robinson

Thommo Scott Davis

Ward Dowson

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Just wonder if he will play Robinson on Saturday? He warmed up last weekend might be a bit early for him, Farsley will be hell bent on winning this one, no quarter given ect, i would rather see him sit this one out and use the last 2 league games to get him ready for the playoffs.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HairyJ
Team Supported: Darlington FC and now DRUFC

Post by HairyJ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Knowing our luck, if we play an understrength side, we would get penalised by the FA and have 30 points deducted or even pushed down a league instead of being promoted!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm

We can`t play an understrength side we don`t have enough players