Jut a thought...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Till I Die
Team Supported: Darlington

Jut a thought...

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:51 am

Obviously MG uses the links between MGFA and DFC etc.

Does MGFA put any money in to the club? I'm sure I heard a while back he made a fortune in the last financial year?

I don't think I've heard once of him sponsoring the club or putting money in to the club, in any way, shape or form. Has anyone else heard anything?
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

lo36789

Re: Jut a thought...

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:53 am

Darlo Till I Die wrote:putting money in to the club, in any way, shape or form. Has anyone else heard anything?
Yes Martin Gray invested in the ownership schemes it was in the paper and was discussed on here.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 am

Darlo Till I Die wrote:Obviously MG uses the links between MGFA and DFC etc.

Does MGFA put any money in to the club? I'm sure I heard a while back he made a fortune in the last financial year?

I don't think I've heard once of him sponsoring the club or putting money in to the club, in any way, shape or form. Has anyone else heard anything?
As Lo said it was well publicised that they put in during the latest equity scheme. I think this will have been a small amount from him and the players and was possibly more of great PR element to show they all buy into the clubs future.

I don't honestly care if his company puts money in or not, he is manager of the football team and I wouldn't want to get into a position where he subsidises the club in any way.

Not sure what your thought is other than we don't have a manager who puts his own money into the club, which is something I am more than happy about.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:08 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I don't honestly care if his company puts money in or not, he is manager of the football team and I wouldn't want to get into a position where he subsidises the club in any way.

Not sure what your thought is other than we don't have a manager who puts his own money into the club, which is something I am more than happy about.
Too true. Wouldn't want to get to a position where our judgement on his performance in his role is influenced by whether he has put so much money in or not.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 am

I'm sure also that he could earn more working as a coach somewhere up the football league for a full-time club as he has done in the past rather than working part-time for us.

If he makes a fortune through his own business ventures, then all the better for us as it means his head is less likely to be turned by a return to working in professional football.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:15 am

Spyman wrote:

I'm sure also that he could earn more working as a coach somewhere up the football league for a full-time club as he has done in the past rather than working part-time for us.

If he makes a fortune through his own business ventures, then all the better for us as it means his head is less likely to be turned by a return to working in professional football.
Agree completely, TBH if MGFA is making a good income then he is less likely to want paying more money from DFC, good on him.

I notice that BA is now a director of the company (11th April I think), there are the financials out there to look at but this is not really appropriate to discuss here, him and his staff are doing a great job for us and that's all that matters to me.