Club will be working on ST Prices for 14/15 - Thoughts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Club will be working on ST Prices for 14/15 - Thoughts

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:33 pm

shawry wrote:Im not sure that the CIC is an easy sell tbh, certainly not to me, as after membership being forced on you if you wanted a ST this season, Im reluctant to join them again.
I think it should be this year surely £20 per year which will go straight to the new financing of the stadium. If we can get 1,000 people to 'renew' that is £20k straight up towards the ground.

I appreciate the benefits aren't obvious but in terms of what it goes towards - that should be.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:50 pm

lo, a season ticket should be a season ticket and priced as such. Anything else I.M.O. is counterproductive.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Ingleby wrote:Actually meant £20 off. Think the ST needs to offer a bit of value though as was barely a saving at all to be made this time round. Hardly the way to increase sales volumes.
That's why I did not renew after 17 yrs of been a season tickets holder just wasn't any value as I've missed 3 games this season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:lo, a season ticket should be a season ticket and priced as such. Anything else I.M.O. is counterproductive.
I said that? I said that renewals of CIC memberships should be down to the CIC this year. I meant they shouldn't piggy back like last year. I just think this year they have a pretty easy sell to get people to renew on their own account.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:29 pm

lo36789 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:lo, a season ticket should be a season ticket and priced as such. Anything else I.M.O. is counterproductive.
I said that? I said that renewals of CIC memberships should be down to the CIC this year. I meant they shouldn't piggy back like last year. I just think this year they have a pretty easy sell to get people to renew on their own account.
The club done really well out of CIC membership going straight to the club last year. In theory everyone paid an additional £20 and this went directly to the club instantly.

This year the club wouldn't get that extra £20 from 650 or so people, or at least wouldn't get it into the accounts instantly like last year. They will no doubt see that money in some way, over time though and I would imagine the VAT man would see less.