Jordan Robinson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Jordan Robinson

Post by poppyfield » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Great to see Jordan warming up today with the rest of the team, it will be good to see him back in midfield. :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Bogratsteve

Re: Jordan Robinson

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Agreed, we have missed him

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:40 pm

We can't be relying on the Brown/Scott partnership in the play offs. Robinson can pass a ball much better than them both.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Yep, both very poor passers of the ball today. An awful lot of hit and hope from those two.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Would have preferred to see Hopson out there today rather than Davies. Against a poor Padiham he would have at least given us a bit more creativity in midfield and passed the ball rather than aimless hoof it.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:13 am

Scott and Brown tear it up, they don't deliver anything in terms of creativity, that's for the 4 infront of them. I agree with the play offs coming up we can't be playing with such a numb midfield but at the same time if we take a couple of chances for once we'll be able to sit back and defend perfectly.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 am

Have to say we have not looked like conceding of late but we have played some poor sides in terms of quality.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 am

darlo reborn wrote:Have to say we have not looked like conceding of late but we have played some poor sides in terms of quality.
We were more solid this game, i think it was because Walker stayed more in defence and we played with a proper back 4, he and Galbraith did get forward a number of times without leaving to many gaps, albeit against a poor team.
Very impressed with Walker yesterday what an asset he is going to be.
So assuming Jordan is fit, who is MG going to drop? Scott probably, however some our best peformances were when Jordan&Scott were paired in the middle.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

divas

Post by divas » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:18 am

Robinson is the key to the diamond formation IMO as he's equally adept in midfield to break play up and distribute the ball, or do drop back into defence when either Walker or Galbraith go charging forward to provide the width.

Our problem area all season has been the two central midfielders. I'm surprised we've not seen Galbraith back in the centre since he's returned to form. I just hope once Robinson is back we don't have the tendency to use Brown in midfield. For me it has to be a diamond of

--------Robinson--------
--Scott---Davis/Hopson---
----------Thompson-------

It's going to be tough to choose the 2 centre halves from the 4 of Hunter, Brown, Tait & White but it would be a mistake IMO to employ one of them in midfield just to get them in the team.

However I think MG will go with a midfield of

----------Brown-----------
---Robinson----Scott------
-------Thompson----------

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:30 am

Walker was excellent yesterday - really stood out and deserved motm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Spyman wrote:Walker was excellent yesterday
Yes, agreed. I noticed him more and more as the match went on. He may not be the most graceful/natural looking of players but he gets hold of the ball - moves forward and looks to play a good pass. He really put in a lot of effort yesterday :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!