Darlington FC V Radcliffe Borough

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Radcliffe Borough

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:05 pm

AIDO wrote:Can someone please correct the league table ..... That home win and three points by three goals to nil was very welcome and well merited so despite the negativity that seemingly abounds on here, at least lets see the results of our labours i.e. 81 points from 38 games and plus 55 gd in our first season at this level ..... It might cheer one or two people out there up ......
I think it's that realisation for some that we are not the stand out team of whichever 4 are in the play-offs. Even if we finish 2nd we still will have a hard time to get that promotion place.

Personally I look forward to these games be good to see the fans up for a big game (hopefully), as the tin shed has been very quiet most the season.

Last season you could name the 11, the formation and generally the fact we would win. This season has been different but I do believe we can win the play-offs, time will tell.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:43 pm

For what it's worth ..... Current play off teams mini league ... :|

Darlington - played 6 - won 4 - draws 0 - lost 2 ...... For 10 Against 5 ... Points 12
Warrington - played 5 - won 2 - draws 1 - lost 2 ..... For 6. Against 7 ... Points 7
Ramsbottom - played 4 - won 2 - draws 0 - lost 2 ... For 5. Against 3 ... Points 6
Bamber Bridge - played 5 - won 1 - draws 1 - lost 3. For 3. Against 9 ... Points 4

R'bottom still have B Bridge (away) and Warrington (home) to play!

So yeah ... I guess in the whole play off scheme of things and Darlo being Darlo, we are underdogs .... Bring it on! :D

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 pm

We are missing Jordan Robinson in cm. he's been one of my players of the season. Breaks play up really well but also has quality on the ball. We will improve when he is back.

I'm not sure on our best team as I'm not sure on our best formation. I'll leave that to gray to choose as he will know the oppositions strengths and weaknesses.

Re Saturdays game- a solid performance. It was a tricky pitch to pay good football on. The new signings all look good, and fisher is starting to look much better. We are pretty much guaranteed a playoff place, and are favourites for 2nd place. Whatever happens in the playoffs we have had another good season. We are never going to have another season like last season, but we still have a good chance for another promotion.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 pm

AIDO wrote:Can someone please correct the league table ..... That home win and three points by three goals to nil was very welcome and well merited so despite the negativity that seemingly abounds on here, at least lets see the results of our labours i.e. 81 points from 38 games and plus 55 gd in our first season at this level ..... It might cheer one or two people out there up ......
Ahhhh that's better ... Thank you. I feel better already .... ;)