Wakefield

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

CrazyDarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Wakefield

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:41 pm

Have been forced to withdraw from the NPL at the end of the season
Last edited by CrazyDarlo on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quakerste

Re: Wakefield

Post by quakerste » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Yes at the end of the season for not having the correct grading for the ground.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Weird that, cos I was of the impression they played at the rugby league stadium. It's obviously hugely disappointing for their small band of passionate followers .... Not so much this season because they sense relegation is inevitable anyway, but more so because they now wonder where there future lies outside step 4.

It's a different issue to the likes of Eastwood, Hinkley (or was it Hucknall?) and Vauxhall Motors who have (or had) severe financial problems but it's still a reflection of the precarious state of non league.

Hereford United are also in another mess and it ain't looking good! Plenty of teams out there will escape relegation it seems, because of it all. "One man's loss is another's gain", I guess .... :roll:

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:24 pm

quakerste wrote:Yes at the end of the season for not having the correct grading for the ground.
Strange that.According to the fixture list they are playing their home games at Ossett town and we know there's nowt wrong with that.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:39 pm

According to their own website, it's Wakefield Wildcats' stadium where they play.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:51 pm

Let's hope someone puts us right before Easter Monday or we'll be chasing all over Yorkshire!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:52 pm

Wakefield Ground info from website
If it is your first time to our ground then you will need information on how to find it and how to actually gain entry.
Currently we play at The Rapid Solicitors Stadium or Belle Vue as it is widely known and this is the home of Wakefield Trinity Wildcats the Super League club.
The ground is located on the main road out of Wakefield heading towards Doncaster, postcode can be found on our location page.
On approach along the main Doncaster Road, you need to locate the car park entry with Superbowl/Wimpy signs, once in there the turnstile nearest the main office (also Players/Officials entrance) is currently used by Wakefield FC.
Inside the ground refreshments are available upstairs at the cabin at the far side at the rear of the dugouts. Our staff at the turnstile will advise you of all you need to know.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Twintowers wrote:Let's hope someone puts us right before Easter Monday or we'll be chasing all over Yorkshire!
... Bit like they did last week. Their bus driver drove to The Arena in Darlington first .... Seriously! .... :wtf:

Still bizarre news ... I thought these rugby league grounds were pretty impressive these days. Saw Salford's the other day on our way to one of those Manchester clubs we seemed to play every week recently and it looked very tidy to say the least. Unless they are groundless next year maybe? ..... Weird tho!

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:02 pm

"Hereford United are also in another mess and it ain't looking good!" - always one to hold a grudge I can't get too upset about them.

Bitter? Moi?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:19 am

At a wild guess, could it be that Wakefield have not got the necessary security of tenure at a ground to retain their league status. ie perhaps they do not have primacy of tenure over fixtures with the rugbyy league club ?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:04 am

dfcdfcdfc wrote:"Hereford United are also in another mess and it ain't looking good!" - always one to hold a grudge I can't get too upset about them.

Bitter? Moi?
Given that 12months later we had lifted the FA Trophy and Simon Davey had been sacked after 10 games at Hereford I am not that bothered.

Especially not the point of taking any joy in them being in financial turmoil!

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 am

I personally think it's a shame any club is in danger of going bust-a few short years ago all Darlo fans were pleading for help to save our club yet appear to not give a monkeys about others.if other people had that same attitude Darlo quite simply wouldn't be here today........

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Would never wish on any fans what we had to go through in watch our club die on its feet. Interesting news with Wakefield, As others have said the fact that relegation is a real possibility maybe takes the emphasis away from the fact they would have to resign anyway. But I thought they played at the wildcats stadium, having been there, i can understand how there's a problem. the ground seems to be of a grading that would more than satisfy this league and the leagues above. would be interesting to see more information on this point.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:29 am

Don't think I took any "joy" in the news I just said I wouldn't be too heartbroken. You may have short memories but I can remember their fans coming on to gloat and tell us what it was like to be a "big club", their chairman poaching our manager who resigned by text, Werling's dieing mother etc. etc. Sorry but I don't forget so easily and the fact that Karma was almost instant doesn't change my feelings.

I am upset at the difficulties of the other teams who, as far as I know are all honourable, and a long way from not giving a monkeys.

Incidentally there is some talk of Cammel Laird resigning as well.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 am

As I say if they hadn't taken Davey, then it is unlikely that we would have won the FA Trophy

We wouldn't have signed Aaron Brown either. Maybe we should be thanking them and trying to support their cause rather than feeling bitter. Life is too short for grudges!

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:48 am

Cammell Laird also withdrawing from the EvoStik at the end of the season along with Wakefield.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cammellla ... 89177.html

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 am

Sad news about both Wakefield and Cammell Laird,hopefully they can survive at a lower level.It does amaze me at times how some of the teams in this league manage to carry on with the attendances they get.A fair few of them are really no more than village teams so it makes you wonder if they are getting,and let's be fair here,descent players to turn out for next to nothing.I could REALLY see that happening in the Amos prem.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Gow9900 wrote:Cammell Laird also withdrawing from the EvoStik at the end of the season along with Wakefield.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cammellla ... 89177.html
Almost hard to believe that Lairds came second in the league last year and lost the play-off final against Trafford.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Twintowers wrote:Sad news about both Wakefield and Cammell Laird,hopefully they can survive at a lower level.It does amaze me at times how some of the teams in this league manage to carry on with the attendances they get.A fair few of them are really no more than village teams so it makes you wonder if they are getting,and let's be fair here,descent players to turn out for next to nothing.I could REALLY see that happening in the Amos prem.
reading that about cammell laird it reads more like they are winding up completely?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:17 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if we got 2 of the big NL clubs up next year into the Evostik.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:40 pm

shawry wrote:reading that about cammell laird it reads more like they are winding up completely?
These are just rumours I have heard through the north west non-league football scene.

Cammell Laird and Vauxhall Motors are both resigning their first teams from Evostick D1N and BSN respectively. They both have reserve teams who play in the West Cheshire league and they will be continuing with these sides as their first teams moving forward.
princes town wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if we got 2 of the big NL clubs up next year into the Evostik.
I don't think so. The precedent is to reprieve you have to look at Evostick Division as a whole including the south division.

3 teams are promoted from NCEL, NL and NWCL. There are 3 teams resigning from NPLD1N (Wakefield, Ossett Town & Cammell Laird). So long as no teams are resigning from the south division (I don't know, are they?) then the relegated clubs will be reprieved.

There will be a re-jig of all the divisions at non-league steps at the end of the year. There has to be else how did Kings Lynn end up in Evostick Prem, they can't have come through any of the defined feeder divisions!?

This makes me think the net of reprieve will just be cast wider and wider under the allocation is made up.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm

lo36789 wrote:
shawry wrote:reading that about cammell laird it reads more like they are winding up completely?
These are just rumours I have heard through the north west non-league football scene.

Cammell Laird and Vauxhall Motors are both resigning their first teams from Evostick D1N and BSN respectively. They both have reserve teams who play in the West Cheshire league and they will be continuing with these sides as their first teams moving forward.
princes town wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if we got 2 of the big NL clubs up next year into the Evostik.
I don't think so. The precedent is to reprieve you have to look at Evostick Division as a whole including the south division.

3 teams are promoted from NCEL, NL and NWCL. There are 3 teams resigning from NPLD1N (Wakefield, Ossett Town & Cammell Laird). So long as no teams are resigning from the south division (I don't know, are they?) then the relegated clubs will be reprieved.

There will be a re-jig of all the divisions at non-league steps at the end of the year. There has to be else how did Kings Lynn end up in Evostick Prem, they can't have come through any of the defined feeder divisions!?

This makes me think the net of reprieve will just be cast wider and wider under the allocation is made up.

Kings Lynn won The Evostik D1 S title.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:Kings Lynn won The Evostik D1 S title.
How did they end up in that Division? The feeders for NPLD1 are north west counties, northern league and north east counties. Which of those were they in?

I might be wrong but doesn't strike me that they would be in any of them? Which demonstrates how they do the rejig at NPLD1 level (so clearly you can bring in teams from the southern league D1 levels).

Just noticed that Eastwood Town have been scratched off already so that is at least 4 clubs effectively resigning from the NPLD1 leagues. My guess is that Rugby could be moving across.

The NPLD1 league will likely need to change to be a South West, North East split.
Last edited by lo36789 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm

lo36789 wrote:
How did they end up in that Division?

The feeders for NPLD1 are north west counties, northern league and north east counties. Which of those were they in?

I might be wrong but doesn't strike me that they would be in any of them? Which demonstrates how they do the rejig at NPLD1 level (so clearly you can bring in teams from the Midlands/Southern league D1 levels).

They were in Division 1 South, not North.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Fibonacci0112358 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
How did they end up in that Division?

The feeders for NPLD1 are north west counties, northern league and north east counties. Which of those were they in?

I might be wrong but doesn't strike me that they would be in any of them? Which demonstrates how they do the rejig at NPLD1 level (so clearly you can bring in teams from the Midlands/Southern league D1 levels).

They were in Division 1 South, not North.
I know.

The feeder leagues for NPLD1N and NPLD1S are the north west counties league, the Northern league (Darlington) and the north east counties league (Scarborough). How did Kings Lynn end up in the NPLD1S - I don't imagine they would be aligned to the north east counties league?

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Because the feeder Leagues for D1 S are NCEL, NWCL, United Counties League & The Midland Alliance.

King's Lynn Town were runners up in The UCL Premier Division.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm

http://thepyramid.info/asp/pyramid3.asp

The UCL is a feeder into the Southern League according to this anyway. Admittedly wikipedia says the Midland League as well.

The step 8 map down this page shows a bit more how close some Southern League teams are to NPL teams. This is where I think a horizontal move would come from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_fo ... gue_system

TCB 42

Post by TCB 42 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 pm

I was talking to 3 Wakefield supporters at our home game with them and they said that they pay Wakefield Tigers £10,000 a year to use the ground and facilitiers

TCB 42

Post by TCB 42 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:02 pm

I meant to put Wakefield Wildcats in last message/sorry

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:45 pm

TCB 42 wrote:I was talking to 3 Wakefield supporters at our home game with them and they said that they pay Wakefield Tigers £10,000 a year to use the ground and facilitiers
Given we pay Bishop £25k they are getting a decent deal there!