Groundshare Agreed

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Groundshare Agreed

Post by shawry » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:51 pm

mikkyx wrote:Login restrictions on the documents in the groundshare article have been removed. I'm linking instead of embedding as they're quite large:
http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/3811/Re ... 101672.jpg
http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/3811/Re ... 101673.jpg
Do we have our own entrance then?

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:54 pm

shawry wrote:
mikkyx wrote:Login restrictions on the documents in the groundshare article have been removed. I'm linking instead of embedding as they're quite large:
http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/3811/Re ... 101672.jpg
http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/3811/Re ... 101673.jpg
Do we have our own entrance then?
There will be a one way in, one way out car park and turnstiles on either side of the main building for football supporters to enter the ground. However this is what's just been suggested at this point. The drawings and plans you've seen are not set in stone, they are just ideas.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Could we not get a badge on the front and call it Darlington Rugby Football Club...

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 pm

We are already called Darlington Rugby Football Club.

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:07 pm

There still seems to be a lot of work to actually get there, let alone have a date in mind that we can tell the FA. Was any time given at the meeting to indicate when we will actually play there?

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 pm

swadquaker wrote:There still seems to be a lot of work to actually get there, let alone have a date in mind that we can tell the FA. Was any time given at the meeting to indicate when we will actually play there?
There wasn't a set date but from the work that needs doing it's very unlikely to be next season.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:We are already called Darlington Rugby Football Club.
That is my point...

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:
swadquaker wrote:There still seems to be a lot of work to actually get there, let alone have a date in mind that we can tell the FA. Was any time given at the meeting to indicate when we will actually play there?
There wasn't a set date but from the work that needs doing it's very unlikely to be next season.
How much work were you told that needed doing?

From the plans we have seen.

Install the portakabins.
Install the stand over the far side.
Build a terraced stand at one end.
Insert a tunnel.
Pave around the pitch.
Build a perimeter fence.
Adjust the pitch perimeter fencing.

What else came up that needed to be done before the football club could play on the ground? I recall that the FA rules are that we just need to have plans to get it in place by the following season as well, we might not even need all of that immediately (on reflection...it might just be the terracing we could get away without!).

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Car park needs to be laid on the big field to the right hand side of the existing drive way.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:Car park needs to be laid on the big field to the right hand side of the existing drive way.
I would imagine that would be a level and hardcore affair to start with then look to tarmac over when funds are available, new site for a car boot on a Sunday!!!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:Car park needs to be laid on the big field to the right hand side of the existing drive way.
Has that been declared as needed for the start of the season?

Plenty of ground we go to (and have been to in the league) don't have any car parking facilities*

*Outside of maybe 20 spaces for a few players and the officials.

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Just what was said last night that the car park was a requirement. It would be the bare minimum required to get it done ASAP, so levelled out and a covering of gravel or so I guess.

I may be wrong, DFC might be moved in time to play at BM next season but just the impression given last night said otherwise. In my opinion the sooner the better so we can start benefiting from the ground share ASAP.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Egg Chaser wrote:Car park needs to be laid on the big field to the right hand side of the existing drive way.[/ and the local

Plenty of ground we go to (and have been to in the league) don't have any car parking facilities*

I'm sure plod will just love having having two hundred cars parked along Grange Rd and the local nimby's would go ballistic.A big car park is vital,and at guess of three quid a car,a good earner as we'll.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Egg Chaser wrote:Car park needs to be laid on the big field to the right hand side of the existing drive way.[/ and the local

I'm sure plod will just love having having two hundred cars parked along Grange Rd and the local nimby's would go ballistic.A big car park is vital,and at guess of three quid a car,a good earner as we'll.

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Twintowers wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Oh yeah double yellows are going up on grange road.

Jamm

Post by Jamm » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Darlington RFC are playing Hartlepool Rovers on Saturday, 3pm kick off, £3 entry. Tempted to go and check out our future home, never been to a rugby match before.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:20 pm

They play League i think and i didnt know they charged so little.
may pop along myself as i like a bit of rugby

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Trike1 wrote:They play League i think and i didnt know they charged so little.
It's union that they are playing on Saturday. Durham and Northumberland division one. The rugby league season starts pretty much when the union season finishes.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Trike1 wrote:They play League i think and i didnt know they charged so little.
It's union that they are playing on Saturday. Durham and Northumberland division one. The rugby league season starts pretty much when the union season finishes.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:29 pm

thanks for that i did see they had both but wasnt sure which is which untill further investigation :thumbup:

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 pm

I've heard DBC are already in talks to put in place a resident parking system, certainly won't help in my opinion having parking all the way back to the town centre.

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 pm

I've heard DBC are already in talks to put in place a resident parking system, certainly won't help in my opinion having parking all the way back to the town centre.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:57 pm

darlodog wrote:I've heard DBC are already in talks to put in place a resident parking system, certainly won't help in my opinion having parking all the way back to the town centre.
What a surprise, no residents parking around the arena now but wherever the football club goes, the parking scheme follows. :roll:

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Doesn't encourage travelling fans at all

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Suspect the parking may be a DBC rule. As long as they don't decide to set the and take a share like they did at the arena

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Given what the capacity of the ground will be I wouldn't think DBC would need to be too heavy handed with a parking scheme.

Imagine Blackwell Grange will be a bit conscious of people using their car park other than that, there aren't that many residents close to the ground. Parking should be quite dispersed around the area.

Still feel a well organised shuttle bus from the town centre would work wonders and might keep us away from restrictions.

Just looking and the bus times which stops outside Blackwell Meadows. There is a service bus every 10 minutes and it takes 10 minutes to get to Blackwell Meadows from the town centre. This is massive difference from the arena where service buses didn't quite reach the ground.

It's difficult though since we don't give out match tickets (other than STs) so can't really prove that you are a Darlo fan. Any 'reimbursement' version from the bus companies if we could knock the bus ticket price off our ticket price might get a bit complex!

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:17 pm

darlodog wrote:I've heard DBC are already in talks to put in place a resident parking system, certainly won't help in my opinion having parking all the way back to the town centre.
I'm not sure where you've heard that - nothing along those lines mentioned yet

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:29 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:Doesn't encourage travelling fans at all
Grange Road can get busy on a Saturday so DBC will want restrictions for safety reasons but if the revenue goes to the club surely the travelling fans won't mind as much.