Ramsbottom Staff and Fans Cause Violence at Lancaster Game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Ramsbottom Staff and Fans Cause Violence at Lancaster Game

Post by satchmo76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Disgraceful scenes caught on video. Will Ramsbottom get a points deduction for this and maybe some lifetime bans?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/fans- ... e-borough/

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ramsbottom Staff and Fans Cause Violence at Lancaster Ga

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:44 pm

The only club likely to be in trouble are Radcliffe as the home club it is their responsibility for crowd control.

Those fighting are spectators and there as nothing more. Thefact they are also footballers is irrelevant.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:33 pm

spen666 wrote:The only club likely to be in trouble are Radcliffe as the home club it is their responsibility for crowd control.

Those fighting are spectators and there as nothing more. Thefact they are also footballers is irrelevant.
Really?
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:41 pm

spen666 wrote:The only club likely to be in trouble are Radcliffe as the home club it is their responsibility for crowd control.

If the club are identifiable then they will be in trouble.

By your logic if an away team cause havoc it is the home team who end up in trouble...I think we all know that isn't the case.

Doubt it will be a points deduction, there isn't a precident for that. A fine - probably.

That said I havn't really heard of a case of players doing that. I do wonder if the FA could wade in with suspensions for players.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Also remember fans can be banned from attending football matches if they have misdemeanour as a fan. It will be very difficult to play a game if you are not allowed to be in the ground at the time.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:55 pm

It's such a bizarre event, there must be a hell of a back story to this.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:06 pm

lo36789 wrote:Also remember fans can be banned from attending football matches if they have misdemeanour as a fan. It will be very difficult to play a game if you are not allowed to be in the ground at the time.
Court imposed banning orders do not apply in NpL and below as they are not designated football matches for purposes of such bans.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 pm

lo36789 wrote:

If the club are identifiable then they will be in trouble.

By your logic if an away team cause havoc it is the home team who end up in trouble...I think we all know that isn't the case.

The fa rules are clear that home club are responsible for crowd control & there are many cases of away fans rioting etc. & home club being charged by fa (and punished along with away club).

Here, unless it was a club organised visit to the Radcliffe game, it is going to be hard tocharge Ramsbottom with breaching any fa rule.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Video evidence. Club tracksuits and know who the culprits are since they will have registrations which clearly connect them with another member club. Aye can see where the difficulty might be there.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:31 pm

lo36789 wrote:Video evidence. Club tracksuits and know who the culprits are since they will have registrations which clearly connect them with another member club. Aye can see where the difficulty might be there.
I do not dispute the fact it can be proven some of those fighting play for Ramsbottom. That is not the issue. You cant punish Ramsbottom for something done by one of their players when not representing Ramsbottom.

Its a bit like if you got arrested tonight for brawling in Darlo, your employer would not be punished as you are not at work or representing them.

The players may be punished, but unless they are representing the club at the time of the incident, the club cannot be punished

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Take ur point re club not being done. Not sure if they same will be true about individual players. I am pretty sure the FA can ban them from playing in their competition if they feel it is a valid reason.

I think fighting with opposition fans would fall under that. Whether 'on duty' or not.

On that I wonder if a fine for bringing game into disrepute (players have been done for twitter comments remember) and until you have paid an FA fine you are banned from FA competition.
Last edited by lo36789 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

satchmo76
Team Supported: Barnsley

Post by satchmo76 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:37 pm

There's a video showing that the police and ambulance services were called to the ground. If they bring charges then the FA could I assume follow suit.

But I also assume the NPL have power to take action. For example, should Ramsbottom get into the play-offs this could become a hot issue, as it might appear that Ramsbottom coaches and players are volatile.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 pm

spen666 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Video evidence. Club tracksuits and know who the culprits are since they will have registrations which clearly connect them with another member club. Aye can see where the difficulty might be there.
I do not dispute the fact it can be proven some of those fighting play for Ramsbottom. That is not the issue. You cant punish Ramsbottom for something done by one of their players when not representing Ramsbottom.

Its a bit like if you got arrested tonight for brawling in Darlo, your employer would not be punished as you are not at work or representing them.

The players may be punished, but unless they are representing the club at the time of the incident, the club cannot be punished
It is nothing like fighting in Darlington, it is exactly like being AT WORK and purposely going out of your way, representing YOUR EMPLOYER (clubs logo emblazoned all over their tracksuits) and dragging your employers name through the dirt.

Their game was postponed, they went out of their way to turn up at this match and their conduct was disgraceful, in club tracksuits, players and managers, how can you think this is not something that can be attached to the club?! :roll:

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Spen you can quote the rules and regs all you want but I'll be very surprised if Ramsbottom aren't in the shyte for what went on.

Top bloke on the mic btw

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

TDS wrote:
spen666 wrote:

It is nothing like fighting in Darlington, it is exactly like being AT WORK and purposely going out of your way, representing YOUR EMPLOYER (clubs logo emblazoned all over their tracksuits) and dragging your employers name through the dirt.

Their game was postponed, they went out of their way to turn up at this match and their conduct was disgraceful, in club tracksuits, players and managers, how can you think this is not something that can be attached to the club?! :roll:
This!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:04 pm

No one is condoning the behaviour.

If you go out after work wearing your work top, it doesn't make your work responsible for your actions.

If players chose to go to game rather than being a club organised trip, then it is hard to punish club for actions of employees who are not under their employment.

The individuals, if not representing the club at thw time of the incident are likely to only be dealt with ad spectators

What does not appear clear from any reports I have seen is whether Ramsbottom players were victims or perpetrators in this incident.

Also Too many seem to be wanting to condemn parties before facts are known.

It may be the Ramsbottom players were innocent victims of an assault by thugs following Lancaster or vice versa or something between.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:27 pm

spen666 wrote:No one is condoning the behaviour.

If you go out after work wearing your work top, it doesn't make your work responsible for your actions.

If players chose to go to game rather than being a club organised trip, then it is hard to punish club for actions of employees who are not under their employment.

The individuals, if not representing the club at thw time of the incident are likely to only be dealt with ad spectators

What does not appear clear from any reports I have seen is whether Ramsbottom players were victims or perpetrators in this incident.

Also Too many seem to be wanting to condemn parties before facts are known.

It may be the Ramsbottom players were innocent victims of an assault by thugs following Lancaster or vice versa or something between.
Good point, my money's on 'something between'.

As someone said above there must be a history to all of this and if there is, why go to the game in the first place!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Reminds me of when we went to Villa in the cup and a coachload of Cardiff turned up-their game at Bolton had been postponed. They spent the whole game giving us stick and cheering Delaney on. They were outnumbered by about 5,000 to 50. We were unlucky to lose that day and I didn't see any trouble.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Reminds me of when we went to Villa in the cup and a coachload of Cardiff turned up-their game at Bolton had been postponed. They spent the whole game giving us stick and cheering Delaney on. They were outnumbered by about 5,000 to 50. We were unlucky to lose that day and I didn't see any trouble.
There was more than 50 Cardiff there that day. Some were in seats down side (Doug Ellis Lower with Darlo fans and others were eventually put in a seperate section in Main Stand lower tier.

It was funny watching the Cardiff fans outside buying tickets for the Darlo end as the stewards were panicing and not knowing what to do with them.

Was a great performance that day by Darlo and they were unlucky not to have got a draw

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:30 pm

I don't know if anybody else went to the game where we relegated Chester from the Football League. There were a number of Wrexham fans in the crowd that day, fortunately they saw sense and went in the Darlo end so we were all cheering on the same team!

They are all very different scenarios as it didn't end up in a brawl. It always takes two to tango. It doesn't matter who started it at the end of the day, if you sought to finish it then you are just as bad.

Lancaster will probably deservedly be dealt some punishment for failing to control their own fans. That doesn't excuse Ramsbottom players/management from their part in it all, their punishment should be worse since (like it or not) they are ambassadors of the game and the league.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 pm

I remember the Wrexham fans at Chester, can't recall any trouble.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:10 pm

I remember the villa cup game and the dirty twats spitting on us from above.
sure they moved cardiff fans to the oposite corner of the ground didnt they?
may have been at half time?

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Went to see us play at Exeter about 20 years ago. Amazed to see half of the main stand populated by Plymouth fans decked in their green (Oh dear that reminds me of a sea of green at Wembley), just there to slag off Exeter and cheer anything we did. No violence though that I saw.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Looks like the police and the FA are looking into it but the league aren't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-26713684