Extraordinary General Meeting (Groundshare)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Extraordinary General Meeting (Groundshare)

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 am

Extraordinary General Meeting is being held tomorrow regarding the ratification of our groundshare deal with Darlington RFC.
Monday 24th March - 7.00pm

In accordance with Article 16 of the Memorandum of Association an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) of Darlington Rugby Football Club Limited which will be at the home of the club:

Darlington Rugby Football Club, Grange Road, Darlington
On Monday 24th March 2014 in the Clubroom at 7.00pm

The purpose of the EGM is to seek ratification from members who are allowed vote as per the club’s constitution, namely those that are Full, Honorary and Life members only. A portion of the meeting will be open to other members over the age 18.

“That Darlington RFC shall enter into a Ground Sharing agreement with Darlington Football Club1883 for the benefit of sport in Darlington, the future of Darlington RFC and Rugby Football at Blackwell Meadows.”

All voting members entitled to vote will receive notification shortly.

If you are unable to attend the meeting you are entitled to a proxy vote as detailed by Article 35 of the club’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy of which is available on request.

tezza

Re: Extraordinary General Meeting (Groundshare)

Post by tezza » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Lets hope all goes threw ok. Big Milestone Day

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 pm

Anybody any idea when we will know the result of the vote ??

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Result expected at 9 o'clock tonight. Will be announced by the Northern Echo.

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:29 pm

I'll be at the meeting tonight casting my vote as a Darlington Rugby Club playing member.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:I'll be at the meeting tonight casting my vote as a Darlington Rugby Club playing member.
Hoping you can be convinced that in the long run the groundshare will be of benefit to both clubs.

It will work well if managed well by both clubs.

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:02 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Egg Chaser wrote:I'll be at the meeting tonight casting my vote as a Darlington Rugby Club playing member.
Hoping you can be convinced that in the long run the groundshare will be of benefit to both clubs.

It will work well if managed well by both clubs.
I'll be listening to the full presentation then I will make my decision. I'm undecided at the moment.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:08 pm

Fair enough, can't argue with an open mind on these things.

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Once I've heard the details it will be easier to make a decision but at the moment I just can't decide. All be done later tonight though either way. If it were to be a no tonight were would DFC look to go next?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:Once I've heard the details it will be easier to make a decision but at the moment I just can't decide. All be done later tonight though either way. If it were to be a no tonight were would DFC look to go next?
Honest answer is back to a massive drawing board, financially not sure we are equipped to move elsewhere at this stage. The costs of moving elsewhere will be massive at first where as sharing with yourselves/Mowden/anyone in Darlo would allow us to share costs and grow stronger faster.

Without being over dramatic the decision will have a massive effect on DFC as a club and the future. I would imagine it will put us back years and maybe not reach our potential for a long time/if ever.

TDS

Post by TDS » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Yup, I think it's fair to say getting back to the town is incremental in the future of DFC as a successful football club, I believe another season at Bishop will kill many off, especially if the football drops, which is not something we can say wont happen 100%.

Ultimately we can only grow in the town and in all honesty the Rugby club will see the benefits of having such a well supported club alongside it. Everything crossed for tonight, we know all too well how much people resist change.

Egg Chaser

Post by Egg Chaser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Well I voted for the move after hearing all the information last night.

One thing I will say is on some other threads regarding the same topic I have just read there seem to be some darlo fans who are either miss informed or are just guessing at what will be happening. In particular some people saying DFC WILL NOT be funding developments to the club to bring it to the standard you will need to play in the league you are in or above. I can tell you DFC WILL be paying to make improvements that the FA require you to meet the standards.

DFC will be paying for a stand to be put behind each goal and also a retractable stand to be put on the far side of the pitch, opposite the club house.

There were also some concerns that the football club might "push us out" that can't happen.

So as a Darlington Rugby Club Member I am quite happy for the ground share to go ahead based on the information given last night. DFC welcome to Blackwell Meadows :-)

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Egg Chaser wrote:Well I voted for the move after hearing all the information last night.

One thing I will say is on some other threads regarding the same topic I have just read there seem to be some darlo fans who are either miss informed or are just guessing at what will be happening. In particular some people saying DFC WILL NOT be funding developments to the club to bring it to the standard you will need to play in the league you are in or above. I can tell you DFC WILL be paying to make improvements that the FA require you to meet the standards.

DFC will be paying for a stand to be put behind each goal and also a retractable stand to be put on the far side of the pitch, opposite the club house.

There were also some concerns that the football club might "push us out" that can't happen.

So as a Darlington Rugby Club Member I am quite happy for the ground share to go ahead based on the information given last night. DFC welcome to Blackwell Meadows :-)
Please don't believe everything that is said on this message board.
M I C R A 3

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Well I think it's a great decision from all involved in the set up and voting etc

I would like to think that the 2 clubs can work closely in fund raising initiatives and also try to work together on one off specials like having 2 matches on the same Saturday staggered with special prices to get people in to watch both games, I love my rugby but for years have always just watched it from the arm chair, maybe time to get back out and watch it live in the lower leagues.

I wonder if there could be a close season game of 2 halves between the clubs - 45 mins footie and 40 mins rugby for charity etc - certainly would be an interesting game!!