Northwich Victoria v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northwich Victoria v Darlington Match Thread

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:14 pm

1st half we were very good today, on top early and got the goal. Fisher worked hard defensively on the right hand side working with Harrison but this held him back from attacking.

First 10 minutes or so of the 2nd half started as the 1st half with Darlo on top and looking comfortable just waiting for the 2nd goal to come. Northwich finally worked themselves back into the game and got on top without dominating. Think Gray should have made a change about 65/70 minutes as you could tell we were just drifting in the game.

Northwich got the goal from a corner, Hopson was brought on pretty much straight away and Darlo pushed the last 10 minutes to get a winner.

Thompson had a couple of shots just wide/over, Amar and Fisher had very good chances but it wasn't to be. We probably should have won the game but didn't push for the second goal and got punished.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Thompson's goal will be good to see again from Kev's highlights, runs through about 2 players and then shoots from about 18 yards.

That's 20 goals for him in the league this season, considering he is not an out and out striker it's pretty impressive.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Today we had enough chances to win two games but unfortunately we couldn't get the second to finish them off.

Thought Amar was poor again seems to have totally lost his confidence in front of goal, had 3 one on one's today.

Midfield needs sorting out no fluidity or moving the ball around, defence just kicking from back to front. We have no central midfielder who wants the ball to get things going.

Title has gone now playoffs between us, Warrington Ramsbottom and Lancaster.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 pm

quakerste wrote:Today we had enough chances to win two games but unfortunately we couldn't get the second to finish them off.

Thought Amar was poor again seems to have totally lost his confidence in front of goal, had 3 one on one's today.

Midfield needs sorting out no fluidity or moving the ball around, defence just kicking from back to front. We have no central midfielder who wants the ball to get things going.

Title has gone now playoffs between us, Warrington Ramsbottom and Lancaster.
The only thing poor about Amar today was his finishing, the rest of his game was spot on I thought.

Darlofart

Post by Darlofart » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:42 pm

Amar has been poor for a few games now and his confidence seems rock bottom. I like the guy but he's got to start pulling his finger out and deliver the goods otherwise I can see Gray moving him on. Curzon are doing my head in also winning by a single scrappy goal most weeks, but hopefully we'll stuff them on Wednesday and give their confidence a dent, even tho I can't see us catching them now. Roll on Wednesday.
Pffffffffffffffft.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Good to see Amar get another assist today. He's really improved on that side of his game since last season.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Darlofart wrote:Amar has been poor for a few games now and his confidence seems rock bottom. I like the guy but he's got to start pulling his finger out and deliver the goods otherwise I can see Gray moving him on. Curzon are doing my head in also winning by a single scrappy goal most weeks, but hopefully we'll stuff them on Wednesday and give their confidence a dent, even tho I can't see us catching them now. Roll on Wednesday.
Pffffffffffffffft.
Don't know if you're being serious or not...

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Darlofart wrote:Amar has been poor for a few games now and his confidence seems rock bottom. I like the guy but he's got to start pulling his finger out and deliver the goods otherwise I can see Gray moving him on. Curzon are doing my head in also winning by a single scrappy goal most weeks, but hopefully we'll stuff them on Wednesday and give their confidence a dent, even tho I can't see us catching them now. Roll on Wednesday.
Pffffffffffffffft.
Amar is probably 2nd/3rd name on the team sheet
M I C R A 3

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Only real difference in Amar's performances at the moment from earlier on in the season, is the goals are missing.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Martin changed the formation so it was pretty obvious that a 4-3-3 would necessitate a more regimental defensively minded midfield. This formation has got us to where we are now and 3 superb forwards (incl. Amar) should be more than creative enough to balance this. Personally, I'd rather have 2 flying wingers (4-4-2) but MG is doing the best with the skills at his disposal. Anybody who witnessed the away game at Farsley will know that this is a much more compact midfield albeit with the loss of a bit of creativity. You can't have it all.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:58 pm

I am concerned that, whenever we have a disappointing result, some people seem to be singling out Amar as the scapegoat.

"He's not scoring goals," or "He's not taking on his man," or "He's missing his one-on-ones."

Everyone is very quick to praise the likes of Thommo when they have a good game (and rightly so), but Amar always seems to be undervalued by certain sections of our support.

Amar is a very important player for us, as he offers us something different. He only needs one to go in and he'll quickly hit top form again.

I just think some people need to stop jumping down his throat when he doesn't score for a couple of games.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I am concerned that, whenever we have a disappointing result, some people seem to be singling out Amar as the scapegoat.

"He's not scoring goals," or "He's not taking on his man," or "He's missing his one-on-ones."

Everyone is very quick to praise the likes of Thommo when they have a good game (and rightly so), but Amar always seems to be undervalued by certain sections of our support.

Amar is a very important player for us, as he offers us something different. He only needs one to go in and he'll quickly hit top form again.

I just think some people need to stop jumping down his throat when he doesn't score for a couple of games.
Completely agree. His link up for the first goal and the sending off was superb.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Amar is important to the team his only problem is his one on one's otherwise his link up play,holding the ball up and head on's make him an essential part of our best eleven on the pitch. when he doesnt play we are not at our best.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Another good game from Amar today as per .... Without his contribution we would have lost 0-1. Well done son!

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 pm

The only thing poor about Amar of late has been his finishing. However that will come back at some point. The rest of his play is great, he links stuff together up front and gives us an outlet to go a bit longer if we need to. For me he is without doubt one of the first names on the team sheet. If people can't see that then I'm staggered.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:44 am

TFDM wrote:The only thing poor about Amar of late has been his finishing. However that will come back at some point. The rest of his play is great, he links stuff together up front and gives us an outlet to go a bit longer if we need to. For me he is without doubt one of the first names on the team sheet. If people can't see that then I'm staggered.
this :clap: :clap:

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:51 am

Let us have a reality check, we are second in the leaque, still with a chance of promotion and these guys are doing a great job on the pitch aswell as holding down jobs, juggling family commitments to train and play twice a week this month. Remember where we were 2 years ago and enjoy the games!

DarloDean

Post by DarloDean » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:39 am

I'm just gonna be open, and say the ref was awful, he didn't effect the final result but jesus, he looked like a man without confidence and it defo showed in the game. Also the red wasn't a red, yellow at best, just shows how shocking he was for both teams.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:52 am

Whenever any of the players are asked they point to Amar as being so important. I mean last game Galbraith said he deserved MOM even though he got it...and yet people were on here saying he had a bad game.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:22 pm

micra3 wrote:
Pffffffffffffffft.
Amar is probably 2nd/3rd name on the team sheet
Yes, he plays every game and hardly ever gets subbed. He's a V.I.T.M. Very important team member.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!