Important news coming from Darlington Rugby Club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Important news coming from Darlington Rugby Club

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Tweets coming out from DRFC, not advised if it is about the groundshare as yet.

Have the members now voted?

BlackandwhiteBOB

Re: Important news coming from Darlington Rugby Club

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:11 pm

No they haven't voted, I think that's the 28th. There was supposedly a meeting of the committee of DRFC today that was about the ground share.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 am

Rugby Club just tweeted.

The board have unanimously voted to take ground share proposal to member as of Thu 6th March. Full members to vote.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Deal agreed in principle with Darlington RFC's Board of Directors for ground-share beginning August 2014. Decision to go to an Emergency General Meeting on 06/03/14 where Darlington RFC full members will vote on the decision.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/darlingto ... 60268.html
Thursday 6th March 2014 @ 7.30pm

Emergency General Meeting
An Emergency General Meeting is called for the members of Darlington Rugby Football Club.

After a unanimous vote from the elected Directors of the board to agree in principle a ground share agreement with Darlington 1883 FC from August 2014, therefore as previously by the board in two open meetings, have agreed to present the ground share agreement to the members for ratification.

Formal notification will be issued in the next 5 days.

Please note that this meeting is open to ALL members, however only those with FULL voting rights, as dictated by our constitution, will be allowed to cast a vote on the proposal. If you are unsure of your status as a member please contact Peter Griffin at peter.griffin@harrisonlp.co.uk.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Thursday 6th March 2014 @ 7.30pm

Emergency General Meeting
An Emergency General Meeting is called for the members of Darlington Rugby Football Club.

After a unanimous vote from the elected Directors of the board to agree in principle a ground share agreement with Darlington 1883 FC from August 2014, therefore as previously by the board in two open meetings, have agreed to present the ground share agreement to the members for ratification.

Formal notification will be issued in the next 5 days.

Please note that this meeting is open to ALL members, however only those with FULL voting rights, as dictated by our constitution, will be allowed to cast a vote on the proposal. If you are unsure of your status as a member please contact Peter Griffin at peter.griffin@harrisonlp.co.uk.
[/quote]

Being homeless and "almost :) " penniless I suppose we will have to grin and bear it, but once we have a deal to jointly use Blackwell I hope we can become masters of our own destiny and not be reliant on the votes of others.
This already brings back bad memory's of Feethams and the cricket club, in the longer term I don`t want to be doffing my cap to "full members".

But for now needs must :(

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 pm

And still ted_do gripes like fuck without suggesting a single tangible alternative.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:10 am

The Big Dawg wrote:And still ted_do gripes like fuck without suggesting a single tangible alternative.
DFC fans should be thankful to the rugby club, personally I'm a bit sick of minority sports having the wip hand on a club/sport with potently many more fans.

I'm am gratefull to the rugby club for a way back, with DFC finances being so small I can't see an easier option, the only other being "gifted" EAstbourne in the short term puting the stands up around the running track, whilst raising funds for a longer term staidium on the next field. This option would give a DFC sporting village where load of none Match revenue could be generated.
My fear at Blackwell is the rugby club will do this and they will get the revenue, and full members leading Blackwells development and vision.

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:25 am

Rugby Club is the best option for us. I hope it goes through but lets not tie ourselves in to a long lease.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:26 am

ted_do wrote:
The Big Dawg wrote:And still ted_do gripes like fuck without suggesting a single tangible alternative.
DFC fans should be thankful to the rugby club, personally I'm a bit sick of minority sports having the wip hand on a club/sport with potently many more fans.

I'm am gratefull to the rugby club for a way back, with DFC finances being so small I can't see an easier option, the only other being "gifted" EAstbourne in the short term puting the stands up around the running track, whilst raising funds for a longer term staidium on the next field. This option would give a DFC sporting village where load of none Match revenue could be generated.
My fear at Blackwell is the rugby club will do this and they will get the revenue, and full members leading Blackwells development and vision.

First off we're not likely to be gifted anything! As for Blackwell Meadows, have a bit of faith and trust the CIC and Club boards to do right by their fellow supporters

10_day_manager

Post by 10_day_manager » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

ted_do wrote:

Sick of minority sports, if this so called minority sport weren't at least interested in ground sharing then, we'd still be out of the town for many years.Would non match revenue possibly include some other minority sports or as long as you see the football team as the number one in the scenario thats ok. You could always go to your bank/building society get a mortgage on some land and then develop it and then we'll not be answerable to anyone. Until then be grateful and stop moaning at anything

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:14 pm

If this move comes off I think it could also help the rugby club because I think there maybe some footy fans who might start going to a few of their games. As a result their profile while be bigger.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:26 pm

ted_do wrote: I'm am gratefull to the rugby club for a way back, with DFC finances being so small I can't see an easier option, the only other being "gifted" EAstbourne in the short term puting the stands up around the running track, whilst raising funds for a longer term staidium on the next field. This option would give a DFC sporting village where load of none Match revenue could be generated.
The idiocy on this board plunges to a new level.

1. We are never going to be "gifted" any land.

2. Building a ground is a bit more detailed and complex than "put some stands on the running track."

Clearly you know nothing about Eastbourne and the ground there. To get it anywhere near Evo Stik grading standards would require substantial investment - far more than is needed for Blackwell Meadows.

The car parking and access is inadequate. There aren't enough turnstiles. There's no hard-standing. We would need to build at least one more covered stand from scratch. The changing rooms are a trek across the bloody car park. And there's so much more I don't have the time or inclination to go into.

Eastbourne is only good enough for Step 7 (Wearside League). We would need it at least good enough for Step 3 (Evo Stik Prem). And then you would throw in the cost of building a new ground from scratch on top of that? Lunacy.

Thinking about doing Eastbourne up is an unrealistic, unworkable fantasy.

Blackwell is not only our best option, quite frankly, it's the only viable option we have at this point, given the fragile state of our finances.

I have trust in the club and the CIC to carry this through sensibly and in a way that safeguards the future of the club. They've got us to this point, where a return to Darlington is viable.

Perhaps it's best for you to stop twisting and actually get behind the club.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:00 pm

walshys_wingman_11 wrote:If this move comes off I think it could also help the rugby club because I think there maybe some footy fans who might start going to a few of their games. As a result their profile while be bigger.
A member of the rugby club who I work with said if our club does move to Blackwell Meadows then they will be mortgage free after 10 years. Without the move they will continue to struggle and my colleagues stated most of the members see the bigger picture and want things to work out with us.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Some of ted_do's points are valid and I am confident they are only questions the CIC board have asked themselves and in turn looked to resolve in any negotations.

The long term plan is still for us to develop our own stadium on Blackwell Meadows and not just be stuck ground sharing for ever. The agreement between the Rugby and Football Club has to be a two way thing. The Rugby Club will do well out of the football club being there but no doubt the football club will do really well by being at BM.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Well we will see how it pans out in a couple of years.

The owners of Blackwell will always have the rugby club at its heart and why not, I just want the football club to have the football at its heart, this is hardly not getting behind the club.

These are longer term questions we all need to think about, DFC does not have much say on what happens at Blackwell, we can only hope for the benevolence of the rugby clubs full members, in a similar way to ground shearing with Bishop has given DFC vary little opportunity to generate much funding beyond match day gate revenue, is this the best we can hope for (it may be), do we plough all our funds in to developing BM or do we use blackwell ground shear as a stepping stone to our own ground ?.

I know what idiotic questions eh :roll:
Last edited by ted_do on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

[quote="Darlogramps"][quote="ted_do"]

Blackwell is not only our best option, quite frankly, it's the only viable option we have at this point, given the fragile state of our finances.
quote]
Re-"it's the only viable option"
What about the Arena - that could be made Evostik premier compliant?
More seriously should we not also have some agreement with Mowden Park for FA cup/playoff ties or even just a park and ride arrangement.
Never quite got my head round how the discussions went with Mowden Park. Ill be honest I dont have time to read every thread ever.
Was it something like MPRFC - 'Would you like to come back and pay rent?' and us saying 'No - we dont like it", and something about one mans vanity?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

ted_do wrote:Well we will see how it pans out in a couple of years.

The owners of Blackwell will always have the rugby club at its heart and why not, I just want the football club to have the football at its heart, this is hardly not getting behind the club.

These are longer term questions we all need to think about, DFC does not have any say on what happens at Blackwell, we can only hope for the benevolence of the rugby clubs full members, is this the best we can hope for, do we plough all our funds in to developing BM or do we use blackwell as a stepping stone to our own ground ?,

I know what idiotic questions eh :roll:
Read my post again and stop trying to play the victim.

Quite clearly, it's your ludicrously over-simplistic and overly optimistic "put a couple of stands on Eastbourne" suggestion that I was calling idiotic.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 pm

OK it would take a lot of work and money to bring Eastbourne up to scratch, money we don`t have. It will take less money to ground share at Blackwell fact.

Should long term plans and future horizons not be debated now ?.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:Was it something like MPRFC - 'Would you like to come back and pay rent?' and us saying 'No - we dont like it", and something about one mans vanity?
Sadly it was more like.

Would MPRFC be willing to groundshare? The MPRFC committee then went off and voted No.

Nothing we can do from that point.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:57 pm

ted_do wrote:OK it would take a lot of work and money to bring Eastbourne up to scratch, money we don`t have. It will take less money to ground share at Blackwell fact.

Long term plans are already in the pipeline as mentioned at the forums.

Basically we move to BM and groundshare and then look to move to some part of BM with our own ground. We then share facilities etc, which should save money for both Football and Rugby Club.

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm

ted_do wrote:OK it would take a lot of work and money to bring Eastbourne up to scratch, money we don`t have. It will take less money to ground share at Blackwell fact.

You have no interest in debating anything - just griping about any negatives you can think of without suggesting any plausible alternatives.

You're a Typical Darlo Wanker ted_do. A TDW.

I'm trademarking that.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:05 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:

Long term plans are already in the pipeline as mentioned at the forums.

Basically we move to BM and groundshare and then look to move to some part of BM with our own ground. We then share facilities etc, which should save money for both Football and Rugby Club.
Thats great, and what I hope will happen, It may not have come across well on the page, I think all I was saying was I did not want people with no association with DFC having the whip hand over DFC`s development.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Well no it doesn't really come across well 'on the page' when all your posts follow the same basic convention of:

"Hey guys we should all be grateful for [banal, mealy-mouthed platitude], but I just think [simpering, thinly-veiled accusation or dig, offered-up without any evidence]. Oh well, woe is me etc. etc. [optional smiley]"
ted_do wrote:
Being homeless and "almost :) " penniless I suppose we will have to grin and bear it, but once we have a deal to jointly use Blackwell I hope we can become masters of our own destiny and not be reliant on the votes of others.
This already brings back bad memory's of Feethams and the cricket club, in the longer term I don`t want to be doffing my cap to "full members".

But for now needs must :(
ted_do wrote:
ted_do wrote:
TDW™

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
ted_do wrote: I'm am gratefull to the rugby club for a way back, with DFC finances being so small I can't see an easier option, the only other being "gifted" EAstbourne in the short term puting the stands up around the running track, whilst raising funds for a longer term staidium on the next field. This option would give a DFC sporting village where load of none Match revenue could be generated.
The idiocy on this board plunges to a new level.

1. We are never going to be "gifted" any land.

2. Building a ground is a bit more detailed and complex than "put some stands on the running track."

Clearly you know nothing about Eastbourne and the ground there. To get it anywhere near Evo Stik grading standards would require substantial investment - far more than is needed for Blackwell Meadows.

The car parking and access is inadequate. There aren't enough turnstiles. There's no hard-standing. We would need to build at least one more covered stand from scratch. The changing rooms are a trek across the bloody car park. And there's so much more I don't have the time or inclination to go into.

Eastbourne is only good enough for Step 7 (Wearside League). We would need it at least good enough for Step 3 (Evo Stik Prem). And then you would throw in the cost of building a new ground from scratch on top of that? Lunacy.

I have trust in the club and the CIC to carry this through sensibly and in a way that safeguards the future of the club. They've got us to this point, where a return to Darlington is viable.

Perhaps it's best for you to stop twisting and actually get behind the club.
Wrong in so many ways about Eastbourne, darlogramps. There was so much potential there ..

However, I do agree with your last line ...

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:10 am

AnthonyP wrote: Wrong in so many ways about Eastbourne, darlogramps. There was so much potential there ..

What exactly is wrong about what I said in my post?

That the existing ground is at least 4 divisions below where we would need it to be?

That the car parking and access are currently inadequate?

That the changing room facilities are a walk across a car park to get to from the pitch?

That ted_do's ludicrous "bung some stands on the running track after we're gifted land" plan (which is what I was responding to) is wholly unrealistic?

You told me I was wrong in so many ways. Please tell me what about my post was wrong.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
AnthonyP wrote: Wrong in so many ways about Eastbourne, darlogramps. There was so much potential there ..

That the existing ground is at least 4 divisions below where we would need it to be?

That the changing room facilities are a walk across a car park to get to from the pitch?

That ted_do's ludicrous "bung some stands on the running track after we're gifted land" plan (which is what I was responding to) is wholly unrealistic?

You told me I was wrong in so many ways. Please tell me what about my post was wrong.
Personally I think Darlogramps is spot on. Eastbourne would have been an awful venue anyway, just like any ground with a running track is.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 pm

I think Darlogramps can be right but the site can still have an awful lot of potential - it's just that with the position we're in, we don't have the time or money for 'potential' - we need something that can be brought up to scratch quickly.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:16 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Personally I think Darlogramps is spot on. Eastbourne would have been an awful venue anyway, just like any ground with a running track is.
Of course anyone can see that we've ended up with the best tangible option for our new ground (if we want to move back to Darlo sometime this century).

However, to understand why anyone would have a problem with this you need to think like a TDW™.

Where normal Darlo fans will think great, a gifted ground with some of the required infrastructure already in place and the chance of a positive sporting partnership going forward, a TDW™ will think:

'It's not close enough to my house, **insert nearby run down field** has more potential'

Where a normal Darlo fan will see the logic of sharing a facility with another local sports club, a TDW™ will think:

'The pies will be too expensive. And its too far from my house'

You see, theres no logic or reason there. To understand the TDW™ you really need to get inside the head of the TDW™.
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

Dullo_Prat

Post by Dullo_Prat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:09 pm

But, but, but....

What if, the rugby club allow, there young ballboys to run about in the, goalmouths. The pitches would be, utterly unplayable. The problem could be, avoided entirely if we we're instead to play at, the pitch on the school field,near my house.
Dullo - the original and, best TDW™

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:13 pm

We no longer need to get inside the head of a TDW anymore ...

You have just revealed whats inside to the world

Dip Maverick Dawg Big Jezz s***