Darlo v Curzon Sat 8th Feb

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo v Curzon Sat 8th Feb

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Well the biggest game of the season so far but the big question is will it be on.

Bishop are at home on Tue 4th and Fri 7th, if all games go ahead then the pitch could be a bit tough going.

The weather seems a bit hit and miss this week, Bishop must have a good chance of getting Tuesday's game on, then some rain Wednesday with possibly some more on Friday.

We are in the best form we could be, with the strongest squad we have had all season and should be well up for the match. I have confidence that if the lads play to their abilities then we will pull Curzon back even further.

Be good to see a good crowd, hopefully the weather can hold off this week and not put this game in any doubt.

Also would be good to have a similar atmosphere to what we had last 20 minutes against Salford.

My guess 3-1 Darlo, just have that feeling. Attendance 1492.

quaker4life

Re: Darlo v Curzon Sat 8th Feb

Post by quaker4life » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:23 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Well the biggest game of the season so far but the big question is will it be on.

Bishop are at home on Tue 4th and Fri 7th, if all games go ahead then the pitch could be a bit tough going.

The weather seems a bit hit and miss this week, Bishop must have a good chance of getting Tuesday's game on, then some rain Wednesday with possibly some more on Friday.

We are in the best form we could be, with the strongest squad we have had all season and should be well up for the match. I have confidence that if the lads play to their abilities then we will pull Curzon back even further.

Be good to see a good crowd, hopefully the weather can hold off this week and not put this game in any doubt.

Also would be good to have a similar atmosphere to what we had last 20 minutes against Salford.

My guess 3-1 Darlo, just have that feeling. Attendance 1492.
My guess is you will turn out to be a jinx, Darlo P-P Curzon.

In all seriousness though the forecast for Bishop this week isn't too bad looks like the weather is going to be kind to us (for now!).

I wouldn't like to predict this game could go either way. It'll be interesting to see how Curzon get on tomorrow night against Cammell Laird, they win tomorrow they go 6 points ahead of us with a game in hand. They lose they really will be wobbling, in great form just 3 points behind them, at home with the crowd behind us they'll be there for the taking.

I think this the first time since the FA Trophy semi final second leg with Gateshead I've actually felt slightly nervous about one of our games!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:52 pm

We're going to thrash them 5-0 and show them who's boss, in front of a crowd of 1883.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:25 am

We made them look ordinary in the away game, at a time when we did not have a settled side. On another night we would easily have had a draw
Given our current squad & form I would go for 3 - 0 with a crowd around 1600 mark.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am

Can only see a win for us with the squad we now have assembled, what choices MG now has, Scott back and Ramshaw making show and Hopson scoring goals.

TBH i would not like to be writing the team sheet.

If its windy I shall be elsewhere making potential pigeon pie, if its still and wet then I will be there for the 1st time in a while

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:We're going to thrash them 5-0 and show them who's boss, in front of a crowd of 1883.
I wonder where you got that crowd figure from? :think:
You can add at least one to your estimate, as there will be at least one relative stranger there. To be honest, if the weather is half reasonable, I'll be disappointed if the crowd doesn't top 2000. :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:50 am

Think I am going to go to the Curzon match tonight. I was there on Saturday so maybe I am a bad luck omen for them...

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 am

joejaques wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:We're going to thrash them 5-0 and show them who's boss, in front of a crowd of 1883.
I wonder where you got that crowd figure from? :think:
You can add at least one to your estimate, as there will be at least one relative stranger there. To be honest, if the weather is half reasonable, I'll be disappointed if the crowd doesn't top 2000. :roll:
Big ask that but if the Echo and social media gear up with a lot of exposure then we might get near 1,800-2,000

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 am

@LucasFlan00 · Feb 1

FT' Curzon 0-2 Ossett Town - Worst performance of the season from The Nash. Awful to watch

Haven't they got a track record of falling apart towards the end of the season? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

I've been following both theirs and Warrington's matches quite closely these past few weeks, and that results been coming - I'm just surprised that Warrington haven't suffered a similar fate after scraping through their matches like they have (probably Saturday excepted).
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:28 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:@LucasFlan00 · Feb 1

FT' Curzon 0-2 Ossett Town - Worst performance of the season from The Nash. Awful to watch
I actually thought Curzon were the better side, that said I don't think they had a shot on target all game but they had most of the ball and looked the most dangerous.

Their main downfall was that their goalkeeper made two howlers

The first was a pretty poor cross from the right which he managed to drop through his own legs and an opponent followed in behind.

The second was a shot from 35 yards out which I don't even think was going in but he tried to stop it anyway and fumbled it backwards into his own goal.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am

How was their pitch? I see they had it drilled and filled to try and stop it waterlogging. Hopefully there's no danger of it being called off tonight?
Join - Shop - Collect

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:How was their pitch? I see they had it drilled and filled to try and stop it waterlogging. Hopefully there's no danger of it being called off tonight?
It was weird, the places where they filled it were absolutely solid lumps of sand. The groundsman did his best to roll it flat but with the rain on Friday evening he couldn't risk sealing the holes that they'd made to allow further filtration.

The pitch was quite heavy but it wasn't cutting up. We haven't had any rain since then (as far as I know) so I can't see it being at risk. Will be trying the tram tonight - I think it was the opening day of that line the last time we played there!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:03 pm

quaker4life wrote:I think this the first time since the FA Trophy semi final second leg with Gateshead I've actually felt slightly nervous about one of our games!
What about Spennymoor away last season? A great game - with a good crowd and atmosphere, where the end result was crucial. :D

It's a big game on Saturday but somehow I reckon that the crowd won't be that much more than the normal 1000 or so.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:22 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:It's a big game on Saturday but somehow I reckon that the crowd won't be that much more than the normal 1000 or so.
I am expecting something similar to new years day.

It doesn't have the same feel as Spennymoor about it. How many did we get for Spennymoor at home last season?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:26 pm

1600 I think?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:09 pm

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:11 pm

I hope I'm proved wrong.

Curzon won't bring as many Spennymoor and how many people outside of the regulars will have heard of Curzon and know that the game is important - not make or break though, not yet.

1100-1200 I reckon.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Curzon won't bring as many Spennymoor and how many people outside of the regulars will have heard of Curzon and know that the game is important - not make or break though, not yet.
I'd like to think we have an audience of fans who check our results when they get back from watching Man United or Newcastle play on a foreign channel in the pub.

These are the fans who turned up for the opening day last year, they turned up for the Spennymoor game and I think they could be back on Saturday.

Speaking to Aaron on Saturday (lad who I think a couple of you have on twitter) he said they had buses booked up for the trip.

TSQuaker

Post by TSQuaker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:19 am

I'm dragging five extra people along who don't normally go to our games. I'm hoping that we put them to the sword and encourage them to carry on attending :lol:
Northern League Champions 2013

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:54 am

The weather does not look too bad for the rest of the week, considering the time of year, currently looks as though it may be raining on Saturday - would be suprised if the game isn't on- this really is a season defining game - lose it and I think we can't win the title - win it and we are back in the game...
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Just been looking at the remaining fixtures of Curzon and ourselves who I think will be the 2 teams most likely to win this league regardless of Warrington currently topping the table. Saturdays game is obviously the defining fixture of the season and whoever wins this game IMO will win the league. After Curzon we have Farsley and Lancaster at home and all the remaining home and away games ON PAPER are as as straight forward as you could wish for, all very winnable. On the other hand Curzon have some very tricky games with Farsley,Lancaster and Warrington at home and Warrington.Lancaster,Farsley,Clitheroe,Kendal and Salford away. I know which set of fixtures I would rather have, but for me the game on Saturday is massive and will go a long way to deciding who will be champions. If it ends in a draw I still make us slight favourites taking into account the remaining games to play.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Like most i think Saturday will go a long way to decide the title but there is bound to be twists along the way.

Would much rather have our fixtures than Curzons if we can win our next two games at home to Curzon and Lancaster we will be in a great position.

The two games between Curzon and Warrington will be cruical but as long as neither side wins them both it should suit us

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Latest odds are
Curzon 1/2
Warrington 5/2
Darlo 5/1
I know we always look at our own chances through rose coloured spectacles, but 5/1 seems massive with the fixtures we have left and the way we are playing.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm

swadquaker wrote:Latest odds are
Curzon 1/2
Warrington 5/2
Darlo 5/1
I know we always look at our own chances through rose coloured spectacles, but 5/1 seems massive with the fixtures we have left and the way we are playing.
Who with? fancy a £10 on this

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm

think its bet victor

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 pm

cheers

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:00 pm

My old man is planning to come and its his first Darlo game for about 8 years.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am

I think we are the Man City of this league.
Capable of demolishing any team on the day.
I think that makes Warrington = Arsenal and Curzon Ashton = Chelsea.
Both grinding out smaller wins almost every time.
I hope this annoys the players into action but its got
Darlo 0 - 1 Curzon Ashton written all over it.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Heritage Park earlier....

Taken from twitter, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfza2cKIAAAkFm7.jpg

Unfortunately the weather tonight and over the weekend isn't looking too charitable either! Rain tonight and into the early hours tomorrow and then more due on saturday morning, at this rate neither game there this weekend will be on.

Pig sick of this bloody rain now! :x
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly