"exciting news to come out this weekend" - Martin Gray

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: "exciting news to come out this weekend" - Martin Gray

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Top guy! Nothing showing on the Square Knot pitches as yet but it may not be in there as there are other options open to him. Fingers crossed that we will hit the minimum amount needed to make things happen now.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:34 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:Top guy! Nothing showing on the Square Knot pitches as yet but it may not be in there as there are other options open to him. Fingers crossed that we will hit the minimum amount needed to make things happen now.
Looks like 1000 quid just went in :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:36 pm

How have things changed since payday then!?

Just under £30k in equity and £7k in reward. We need £13k in the space of 2 weeks!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:How have things changed since payday then!?

Just under £30k in equity and £7k in reward. We need £13k in the space of 2 weeks!
Tbh I quite disappointed the pledge side has not grown much over the last couple of days, the investment is ticking over and may reach its goal with some luck

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:56 pm

lo36789 wrote:How have things changed since payday then!?

Looks like £1.6k has been invested in the Squareknot pitches since payday.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 pm

neither of them are going to make their individual goals I wouldn't have thought. We will be right on the money if we make it I'd have thought.

I might be wrong but rewards scheme seems to have slowed up completely. I do wonder if there has been more put into the regular reward scheme instead?

The way the terms were done you get more if you put £500 into that one (if you put in £250 then withdraw then another £250) than if you put £500 into the standard reward scheme (excluding the share). As you get twice as many hospitality packages.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Both pitches have been ticking away over the past few days/weeks. Got to remember we've raised £43k+ in both the Squareknot pitches and the B2D fund in what, less than 2 months?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Reading the below from Squareknot, I am guessing we would now be very close to the 50k target. Could well be the exciting news for Darlington is that we have reached or are very close to the target.

We have 37k in the two funds before and that is probably/possibly without any direct investment from Alderclad/MG or anyone else.

Maybe get a good update/news on Wednesday night.
An initial target of £50,000 is sought through a combination of the crowd funding, direct investment and DFC Development Fund opportunities – clearly the greater the funds raised, the greater the club’s financial stability and contribution towards the Return to Darlington initiative. As further incentive to fans wishing to support the club lying at the heart of the local community, 2.5% of any cash proceeds received over £100,000 and 5% of any cash received over £150,000, will be donated to St Teresa’s hospice.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:48 pm

lo36789 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:This may well be the news.
You think!?
Do you?

To be honest I still think the good news is something extra, Gray isn't one to make out something he has done as an individual is good news for DFC.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:This may well be the news.
You think!?
Do you?

To be honest I still think the good news is something extra, Gray isn't one to make out something he has done as an individual is good news for DFC.
I think you're right...maybe Martin meant that something good would happen over the weekend, but the detail would be released on Wednesday, which does make some sort of sense really. I am leaning towards the ground share with the Rugby Club being ratified, I mean we are close enough on the money front as we don't know what lies in the hidden fund do we?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Announced at the forum that the players and staff have made investments. Excellent gesture. Need another 140 people with £ 100 to unlock the pledges. Under 2 weeks to go to make £50k initial target. There will be possibility to invest at the match Saturday, and an investment drop in at the Dolphin Centre. Details on official website tomorrow