Joe Tait

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo.For.Life
Team Supported: Darlington

Joe Tait

Post by Darlo.For.Life » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:38 pm

He has been made available for transfer/loan by Gateshead along with Dan Smith, Adam Boyes and Luke O'Brien.

lo36789

Re: Joe Tait

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Unless Gateshead are willing to pay the wages I can't see it happening!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:52 pm

lo36789 wrote:Unless Gateshead are willing to pay the wages I can't see it happening!
Would have him back like a shot though!
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Who would you drop to accommodate him though?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Markodarlo wrote:Who would you drop to accommodate him though?
I would not drop anybody at the moment but, as soon as White gets booked again he will be missing for 2 games, so he slots in there, he can play midfield, although imo he is a better CB. With the size and make up of our squad he would be my first choice as an addition to it, because defensively we are at the bare bones. When we lose White for his 2 game suspension we will be in trouble no question.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:29 pm

poppyfield wrote:
I would not drop anybody at the moment but, as soon as White gets booked again he will be missing for 2 games, so he slots in there, he can play midfield, although imo he is a better CB. With the size and make up of our squad he would be my first choice as an addition to it, because defensively we are at the bare bones. When we lose White for his 2 game suspension we will be in trouble no question.
So actually you wouldn't drop anybody. You would play him if White gets suspended? When did Tait play in midfield?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:47 pm

lo36789 wrote:
poppyfield wrote:
So actually you wouldn't drop anybody. You would play him if White gets suspended? When did Tait play in midfield?
Just because you sign a good player does not meen you drop somebody to accomodate him, look at the Fisher or Dowson scenario, Tait would be good enough to play in midfield if needed. Are you saying if he was available you would not have him back?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Can we afford to bring him in? Surely we would have to offload someone first, the squad is quite threadbare so we'd have to be careful when letting someone go.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Can we afford to bring him in? Surely we would have to offload someone first, the squad is quite threadbare so we'd have to be careful when letting someone go.
The Weldon injury may dictate things, is he on contract?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:12 pm

If we could get Tait for nothing then well we have nothing to lose. He is on FT terms with Gateshead now though so unless they are prepared to pay him to play for us I just can't see it happening.

That said how long was the contract they gave him, if he has to return to PT then we will hopefully be near the front of the queue.

Who is out of contract for us this season does anyone know?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Can we afford to bring him in? Surely we would have to offload someone first, the squad is quite threadbare so we'd have to be careful when letting someone go.
If Wheldon is out, wouldn't O'Brien or Smith make more sense?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Spyman wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:
If Wheldon is out, wouldn't O'Brien or Smith make more sense?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Possibly, was more meaning one less player rather than position, of course Scott could fill in but rather he didn't if Galbraith was injured.