Merged "Back to Darlo" Threads

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Merged "Back to Darlo" Threads

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:08 pm

In the Echo ...more to follow later according to article:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1 ... ref=twtrec
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Bogratsteve

Re: We're Coming Home...Darlo's Coming Home.......hopefully!

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Now is the time to tell us what is needed, we have a few months before the start of next season and time to pull it together and get the funds, lets hope a figure is announced today not next month or another 2 months but here and now, the team are on a bit of a roll and the feel good factor is there to be ignited and get some more fans back in HP over the Xmas period i.e. 26th 28th Dec & 4th Jan, win at Kendal and Burscough away in between and we will be flying high (both very winnable)

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 pm

The two clubs have signed a memorandum of understanding, which sets out the terms of future discussions about the practicalities of the groundshare.

Tony Stowe, secretary of Darlington Rugby Club, said the agreement was a good opportunity for all sports fans in the region.

He added: “This is good for the community and for sport. We have five rugby pitches and five football pitches so there’s plenty of space for everyone to use the facilities.”

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:27 pm

This is great news, but like bogratsteve said, we need to know how much we need now!
If MJ can give us a number fans i am sure will start putting in, we dont need to wait for "The new fundraising initiatives will be rolled out shortly.” now , now now.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

divas

Post by divas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Leaving it a week before Xmas before a "huge fundraising push" probably wasn't the best idea.....

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:14 pm

The attendence needs to be a big one on Saturday

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Echo wrote:But the football club has warned that it is still facing significant financial challenges and needs to raise thousands of pounds if it is to make it to the end of the season

So we need to fund raise to make the end of the season, thats before we even think of ground sharing....

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:50 pm

shawry wrote:
Echo wrote:But the football club has warned that it is still facing significant financial challenges and needs to raise thousands of pounds if it is to make it to the end of the season

So we need to fund raise to make the end of the season, thats before we even think of ground sharing....
Still cant get my head round why, we make huge statements like this and then follow it with "The new fundraising initiatives will be rolled out shortly.” its like firing the gun to start the race with the competitors still in the changeing rooms
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Nothing article. Complete waste of time when detail is not provided.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Details next week according to Peter Baron, yay another own goal by the PR machine I'm afraid, it should have been today with the contract signing announcement

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Any news on a return home to Darlo is good news, I`m sure if the money was there or we have a rich owner then the return would be straight forward but without money its always going to be a hard slog.

Now we have secured the main pitch and club house it has given DFC at least two if not five years head start on a return, if we only had a farmers field it would have costs alot more in time and money.

I know people have posted the ground requirements and with the addition of a fence, a couple of turnstiles and installation of our "temp" seating then we may just make a return home in 2014.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:26 pm

love it! wrote:Nothing article. Complete waste of time when detail is not provided.
Bogratsteve wrote:Details next week according to Peter Baron, yay another own goal by the PR machine I'm afraid, it should have been today with the contract signing announcement
Honestly, people have been fucking rhyming on about the club not doing anything about the move and how it's gone too quiet.......no good this, no good that. So then some news is brought out that an agreement is there and further detail will follow next week yet still people fucking whinge. Does my head in it really does. But if this article hadn't appeared today people would still be fucking whinging that nobody had heard anything!! Total lose lose situation for the club in reality and to be honest it absolutely does my head in!

Dfc Dfc Dfc

Post by Dfc Dfc Dfc » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:32 pm

love it! wrote:Nothing article. Complete waste of time when detail is not provided.
Posters on this forum have been banging on about wanting 'any' news, positive news comes out .......... 'Any' news is no longer good enough! :roll: :roll:

I'm sure the 'debt' bit is just what was said at the last fans forums so just repeating what we knew already but a reminder is always a good idea!

I think this article is doing what fans have wanted in telling us what is going on so far, great stuff....can't wait to be back in Darlo. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm

So what have we learnt from this article? Nothing. Detail is everything

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:39 pm

love it! wrote:So what have we learnt from this article? Nothing. Detail is everything
We have learnt that the agreement has been signed for us to ground share. That was the article's point. Not exactly nothing is it! It's a pre-cursor to the fundraising push. Designed to keep people interested. Anybody with half a brain can see that, pity that rules you out!

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:39 pm

I think the article was worth printing, DFC have now secured the ground along with the rugby club and that is newsworthy.

I think we all want to get back home soo bad and its getting to us fans.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:49 pm

ted_do wrote:
I think the article was worth printing, DFC have now secured the ground along with the rugby club and that is newsworthy.

Agreed but it could have been so much more if some detail could have been produced, delay it a few days if detail needs to be worked on, but if it gets some more at HP tomorrow then it's worked.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
ted_do wrote:

Agreed but it could have been so much more if some detail could have been produced, delay it a few days if detail needs to be worked on, but if it gets some more at HP tomorrow then it's worked.
Now you're thinking along the same lines as me. I think it's a tactical article release aimed at getting more there tomorrow. We need a decent crowd, and if we can get a couple more wins then hopefully Boxing Day will be a massive crowd.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Yeah I can see that, don't get me wrong I thinks it's fantastic news, I'm just desperate to see what is needed so we can sort it, not normally a moaner

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:21 pm

BlackandwhiteBOB wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:Details next week according to Peter Baron, yay another own goal by the PR machine I'm afraid, it should have been today with the contract signing announcement
Honestly, people have been fucking rhyming on about the club not doing anything about the move and how it's gone too quiet.......no good this, no good that. So then some news is brought out that an agreement is there and further detail will follow next week yet still people fucking whinge. Does my head in it really does. But if this article hadn't appeared today people would still be fucking whinging that nobody had heard anything!! Total lose lose situation for the club in reality and to be honest it absolutely does my head in!
This ....... :clap:

TS3

Post by TS3 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Wasn't there going to be an update on the project in tomorrow's programme?

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk 4

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:56 am

I'm still slightly concerned at the mention of needing to raise money to make it to the end of the season, if true, a statement like that could spread disillusionment through the squad and affect the performance on the pitch, therefore causing a slump in attendances.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

njb

Post by njb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:24 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:I'm still slightly concerned at the mention of needing to raise money to make it to the end of the season, if true, a statement like that could spread disillusionment through the squad and affect the performance on the pitch, therefore causing a slump in attendances.
I agree with this. I think making statement in a negative tone like this just serves to worry the fans who attend matches anyway and make potential new supporters think 'what's the point in going'. Surely better to put a more positive spin on the statement to generate the feel good factor.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 am

www.backtodarlo.co.uk

There we go......

Now let's get saving!

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:46 am

divas wrote:http://www.backtodarlo.co.uk

There we go......

Now let's get saving!
Beat me to it Divas. Full plans available as a PDF as well. It's real guys. 75k needed by the looks of things.

darlodog

"back to darlo" launched

Post by darlodog » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:47 am

divas

Post by divas » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:47 am

Looks like we're sticking the temp seating we have at HP on the opposite side of the pitch to the clubhouse (presumably this can be made permanent with some modification) and standing behind both goals.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Back to Darlo

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:47 am

www.backtodarlo.co.uk

Let's get fundraising!

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:53 am

Reading the plans it reads as if they plan to extend the temporary seating and provide a simple roof. Think that's as permanent as it will get for a while.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:56 am

Yeah 450 seated covered stand and 4 step terrace at one goal end with an approximate capacity of 450, plus an increase of seating in the existing clubhouse.