Merged "Back to Darlo" Threads

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: "back to darlo" launched

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Oh good- more random websites for various bits of the same club!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Spyman wrote:Oh good- more random websites for various bits of the same club!

In this instance I actually agree with a separate site.

Reason being that the way the club is now structured, means that the ground will be asset locked, so to some degree it is a separate entity. I'm glad that the fact any money donated will be ring fenced purely for the development for the ground has been clearly spelled out as that could put people off, myself included. By having a separate site - it further enforces that for me.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Spyman wrote:Oh good- more random websites for various bits of the same club!

Normally I would agree with you but I think we need this one with the totaliser on it and dedicated news to focus the mind

coles

Post by coles » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Spyman as a rule I agree with you hence why we never set up a deprecate CiC website up. It is important that the club has one site one focus. However the problem with this is that sometimes important information gets missed due to the amount of info the club issue weekly.

We as a CiC board listened to what the fans wanted, which was more regular info on the return home, we felt this was the best way, the site will be dedicated to the return home. We need to hit the first few milestones and then the journey back can really start. So all aboard the locomotion 1 back home to Darlo choo! Choo!

poppyfield

Re: Back to Darlo

Post by poppyfield » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:40 pm

can we just have the one thread please.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:31 pm

up to £730 already

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Oh great, there's a totaliser!

I live for s*** like this :D

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Question for anyone associated with the fundraising...

It says that 20k is required to complete phase 1, and phase 2 (seats, terracing, ground works etc etc) is obviously more costly. Do we have a figure for that? Is it 75k like on the totaliser or is that a completely arbitrary figure?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Re: Merged "Back to Darlo" Threads

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Also, it says that the current temporary stands will be reconfigured into a single unit of 450 seats. How will this be achieved with just 312 seats? Will more be added?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I wonder if this lot can throw a few coins our way.....

http://www.fsif.co.uk/funding/national-league-system/

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Also, why were the temporary stands configured as two stands anyway? I never got that? It looks stupid.

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by kingswaykid » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Good news and hope it all works out for you. I know what's it's like fund raising to save your club (£30,000 in a month) back in the 90's, not nice at all. You boys must be used to it by now and it's about time you had a bit of luck.

Just wondering if there will be a bucket collection at the Darlo v Sunderland game on Wednesday? If there is I'll stick a few quid in.

Sorry, I know this isn't relevant to the thread but instead of starting another.......what sort of Sunderland team are you expecting on Wednesday? Not sure the manager and players mentioned last time will be turning up this time.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:Also, why were the temporary stands configured as two stands anyway? I never got that? It looks stupid.
I guess as half the seats would be directly behind the goal, no bugger would sit in them so it'd be wasted. Looks like seats will be added and it'll be made permanent which is great news.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 pm

quakersam wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Also, why were the temporary stands configured as two stands anyway? I never got that? It looks stupid.
I guess as half the seats would be directly behind the goal, no bugger would sit in them so it'd be wasted. Looks like seats will be added and it'll be made permanent which is great news.
Yes, I'm presuming they've found a way of making those seats permanent. They have...right? The trouble with those seats is the angle of the banking is very shallow so even if you're in the 6th row, your eyes are basically in line with the crossbar. Obviously at the side of the pitch, that won't be a problem.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Quakerz wrote:
quakersam wrote:
Yes, I'm presuming they've found a way of making those seats permanent. They have...right? The trouble with those seats is the angle of the banking is very shallow so even if you're in the 6th row, your eyes are basically in line with the crossbar. Obviously at the side of the pitch, that won't be a problem.
Yes that's correct Q. Not sure how it's done but was talking to one of the lads involved and he's been told it can be completed as a permanent structure
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Quakerz

Re: We're Coming Home...Darlo's Coming Home.......hopefully!

Post by Quakerz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:24 pm

divas wrote:Yeah 450 seated covered stand and 4 step terrace at one goal end with an approximate capacity of 450, plus an increase of seating in the existing clubhouse.
A 450 seated stand to go with the 150 seats already there, would give us a healthy 600 seats from day one, and as far as seats go, that's good enough for the Conference.

The capacity needs to be at least 3,000 for the BSN and 4,000 for the Conference with the ability to expand to 5,000. Probably the cheapest way to increase capacity as and when needed, would be to extend the 4 row terrace, and extend again if need be. Terrace behind the other goal, and extend when needed. Terrace either side of the stand.

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 pm

£200 in all the way from Armenia. let's get back to Darlo!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Over 1700 hits on the site already, is the totaliser stuck? its had the same total since last night.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Probs not had time to update it, it will not be automatic

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:21 pm

As I said on my post re Rat Pack I will be donating the £355 raised last night

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:34 pm

I keep on getting a "threat detected" pop up message from my antivirus every time I visit the back to Darlo page.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Plans look alright. And as soon as the wedding is over with, I'll be setting up a standing order too.

One question i do have is with the 4 step terrace. It seems too shallow? Are these set in stone plans? Because for me, it makes more sense to build an 8 step terrace half the width of the pitch and expand sideways than it does to go backwards? And it has to be cheaper to do that too, hence Bish.

Also, the permanent stand on the open side (currently behind the goal). Wouldn't it make more sense to double these up so we can expand, other wise the roof on it will only permit a 800 seat stand down that side. Or even better is it possible to build it in front of the club house and leave the other side for development?

Just thinking of further evolution of the ground and how being a bit smarter now will potentially save more money in the future.

Positive news though. Well done to all who have worked to get this far.

John Tempest

Post by John Tempest » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Quakerz wrote:I keep on getting a "threat detected" pop up message from my antivirus every time I visit the back to Darlo page.
I've checked with Heart Internet the provider and have been assured there's no threats within their system servers etc.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Oh it's alright, I know it's a false positive, it's just annoying me that's all.

Is anybody else getting the same problem?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:26 pm

The plans for the ground look very positive.

There seems to be an element of long term thinking ie the turnstiles, catering and toilets at one end designated for away fans as well as reference to segregation. (This presumably is for the long term as there is no need for segregation now, and to segregate at this level would be a negative.)

The covered terrace is designed to enable it to be converted to seating at some future stage. Again, its good to see the potential future development of the ground is being thought about.

One thing not mentioned on the plans seems to be any "retail" facility. This could presumably be easily incorporated even if only as a portacabin/ container unit to enable match day sales of merchandise etc.

All in all, it looks very positive.

I am surprised it can all be done for £75k though.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Think the 75k might be the difference between the total cost and the grants we can get towards it.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:Think the 75k might be the difference between the total cost and the grants we can get towards it.

Thinking more about the cost, Presumably DFC and DRFC will each be contributing £75K, so this puts a cash injection of £150 towards costs, this together with any possible grants etc would make sense

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm

spen666 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Think the 75k might be the difference between the total cost and the grants we can get towards it.

Thinking more about the cost, Presumably DFC and DRFC will each be contributing £75K, so this puts a cash injection of £150 towards costs, this together with any possible grants etc would make sense
I wouldn't expect the Rugby club to find the same amount as us, don't know the ins and outs of it but the way it looks if we get that then the changes take place.

Unless the Rugby Club already have £75k lieing around to spend as and when we get £75k together...

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thinking more about the cost, I presume that the rugby club will contribute £0, why should they contribute anything? It is Darlington FC that need the ground upgrading, it is perfectly good enough already for the rugby clubs needs. And I really can't see them having 75k anyway.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 pm

All this chat about the return to Darlo is great but what about the historic debts that the club is carrying and additional funds that need to be raised ASAP to repay them?

Not much point in a return to Darlo fund if the clubs ceases trading before we get back home.