Darlo Fans Radio

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

richymidd
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo Fans Radio

Post by richymidd » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Excellent job, well done guys - listened via the app on iphone with no problems.

Only comment would be that you were a lot quieter than other audio comes over on the phone and i had to max you out to hear you comfortably. I don't know if this is what a couple of others are referring to above?......can you look to turn it up at your end or is it something for users to look at?

Looking forward to the next one!

DarloFansRadio

Post by DarloFansRadio » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Just a quick update: At kick off today we had 112 listeners, the final figure will probably be more but still, that's a quality effort! We can only get bigger!

RE audio, the equipment we use at the minute is very basic but we are working on rectifying this problem.
For the fans, by the Fans!

@DarloFansRadio

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:37 am

Great effort today, loved listening, concur with the audio comments as well. Very quiet. If its additional/new equipment you need then you should ask for help on here. Look how quickly the money was raised for Kev's highlights camera. I'd chip in a few quid to be able to listen to away games, was like old times today with the young Simpson sounding so much like his senior :D

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:04 am

I didn't get chance to tune in and listen but I did briefly turn on the shoutcast app on both iPad and iPhone......seemed to work fine on the phone but a little quiet which isn't a problem but on the iPad couldn't even find the station. I'm putting that down to a problem with the ipad app not the work you guys are doing.keep up the good work as I can't wait to tune in next time .

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:06 am

Don't think there is an iPad app, I had to download the iPhone app onto th iPad instead.

MattyJ

Post by MattyJ » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:38 am

karlo-cardiff wrote:I didn't get chance to tune in and listen but I did briefly turn on the shoutcast app on both iPad and iPhone......seemed to work fine on the phone but a little quiet which isn't a problem but on the iPad couldn't even find the station. I'm putting that down to a problem with the ipad app not the work you guys are doing.keep up the good work as I can't wait to tune in next time .
I listened fine on ipad !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:57 pm

I couldn't get it to work on Android phone or tablet with Winamp but will try on a PC next time.
A great idea, it will be excellent for exiles! :clap:

DarloFansRadio

Post by DarloFansRadio » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 pm

The final listener figures are in, during the broadcast we peaked at 137! Fantastic effort, onwards and upwards!

@DarloFansRadio

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Great job by the guys yesterday and big pat on the back for the people who thought up this idea and brought it to fruition. Great example of how productive we can be when all are pulling in the same direction.

Are home games being broadcast as well? for those of us in exile

DarloFansRadio

Post by DarloFansRadio » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:05 pm

The sole purpose of the station was to broadcast away games only, personally we feel that covering home games aswell would have a negative effect on home attendances, which obviously wouldn't be financially viable for the club. However 'if' the club endorses the station and require us to cover home games aswell, then we will.

@DarloFansRadio

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:32 pm

DarloFansRadio wrote:The sole purpose of the station was to broadcast away games only, personally we feel that covering home games aswell would have a negative effect on home attendances, which obviously wouldn't be financially viable for the club. However 'if' the club endorses the station and require us to cover home games aswell, then we will.
Fully understandable but to exiles it would invaluable

DarloFansRadio

Post by DarloFansRadio » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Yep like I said, if the club asks us to then we will.

@DarloFansRadio

darlomadbutler

Post by darlomadbutler » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi

Did anyone get it to work on a windows phone??