Bruno Pilatos

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Bruno Pilatos

Post by Big Tim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Apparently going on trial with Blackburn Rovers

Darlo Till I Die

Re: Bruno Pilatos

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Hopefully we can make some money if they want him.., he's contacted isn't he?
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:52 pm

He's on an 18month deal here. Good luck to the lad
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah but Tim the ones in the know here say he's not good enough for our team never mind Blackburn, let me think for a second............... oh they must be talking Bollocks

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:01 pm

I can't understand his knockers, he performed well yesterday and looked increasing frustrated with the midfield and lack of movement.

On one occasion in the first half he was screaming at Moore, who at times resembles a statue to move inside of the touchline and drag the defender with him. When Moore did finally move inside after several shouts Bruno made a great run down the flank, however Robinson over hit the pass straight out for a goal kick.

He definitely looks a better prospect at right back than Robinson or Hunter.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:Yeah but Tim the ones in the know here say he's not good enough for our team never mind Blackburn, let me think for a second............... oh they must be talking Bollocks
He's full of potential but maybe a bit raw at the moment. He's not going to go to Blackburn (if he even goes) and go straight into the squad.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:11 pm

divas wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:Yeah but Tim the ones in the know here say he's not good enough for our team never mind Blackburn, let me think for a second............... oh they must be talking Bollocks
He's full of potential but maybe a bit raw at the moment. He's not going to go to Blackburn (if he even goes) and go straight into the squad.
Well that obviously goes without saying, be mad to think he would be!!

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Prone to a mistake no doubt but pace usually gets him out of trouble. Nailed on right back for me and be a loss if hes goes. Hunter is better in the middle and J Robinson not a right back so cant see us not needing to bring someone in should he go

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:26 pm

quakerste wrote:I can't understand his knockers, he performed well yesterday and looked increasing frustrated with the midfield and lack of movement.

On one occasion in the first half he was screaming at Moore, who at times resembles a statue to move inside of the touchline and drag the defender with him. When Moore did finally move inside after several shouts Bruno made a great run down the flank, however Robinson over hit the pass straight out for a goal kick.

He definitely looks a better prospect at right back than Robinson or Hunter.
Got to agree with this. He had to do the defending and attacking for Moore. He didn't close his man down enough in the first half but he can definitely be developed into a very good player.

darlobhoy

Post by darlobhoy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Decent right back and he has 'knockers' too. No wonder they're interested

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Sell and loan back deal would be nice?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:15 pm

mixed feelings for obvious reasons but it is only a trial. Hope he stays in a way but I feel he is someone who will get better the higher he plays. He is a thought step ahead of everybody in the Darlo team and has fantastic speed and technical ability. That causes a problem. Superb against RCA in a 3 man defence and someone who has bags of scope and versatile. He is also a decent bloke. He'll probably go into the development squad if successful. Bit of a punt for Blackburn but I've seen a lot worse.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:47 pm

He'll be a miss if he goes and another void to fill that we don't need at the moment.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:54 pm

quakerste wrote:He'll be a miss if he goes and another void to fill that we don't need at the moment.

Too bloody right. He's a good player who has his own style, and would look even better if the team around him were functioning better.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lewis1k89

Post by lewis1k89 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Hopefully get some big coin out of it

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Won't be a big fee, got to remember the level we're at. I'd like to think we can go for £20-30k but I expect around 5-10k max plus addons

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Great business if it came off but would need a decent replacement

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Bruno has some potential, very athletic player who did actually drive us forward a little yesterday in the second half.

If Bruno had come into a winning side we would probably be raving about him, needs developing on the football side but you would expect that in a 20 year old who has only seen Academy football.

Good luck to the lad, wonder if he can still turn out for us.

polam

Post by polam » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Last time Blackburn Rovers signed our right back they paid a reported £175k, for Adam Reed.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:54 pm

quakersam wrote:Won't be a big fee, got to remember the level we're at. I'd like to think we can go for £20-30k but I expect around 5-10k max plus addons
Getting a bit ahead of yourself aren't you, imagining various fee scenarios for your big mate Brunoseyo?

Blackburn have to first think he's good enough.

Then we'll worry about what fee we can get.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

princes town

Post by princes town » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 pm

polam wrote:Last time Blackburn Rovers signed our right back they paid a reported £175k, for Adam Reed.
BRFC also paid a lot of money for lee ellison. I think they were both Daglish signings.

boorman

Post by boorman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:40 pm

They didn't buy Lee Ellison. I think there was talk of 200K for him from someone like Blackburn during our relegation season from Division 3, but it didn't happen. Such a pity that he fell out of favour at Darlo and apparently lost his appetite - he was a real talent... could score from anywhere.

I was pretty young at the time so didn't know the full story about the interest in him from a higher level... was it that Darlo thought he was worth more money and they rejected bids or was it just that no one actually bid for him and it was just rumour?

divas

Post by divas » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:59 pm

I seem to remember Ellison linking up with Little at Leicester in the end. Certainly I remember the Echo reporting Blackburn were sniffing about but in that era post Corden (at least I think) if a bid had come in we'd have snapped their hands off.

princes town

Post by princes town » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 am

divas wrote:I seem to remember Ellison linking up with Little at Leicester in the end. Certainly I remember the Echo reporting Blackburn were sniffing about but in that era post Corden (at least I think) if a bid had come in we'd have snapped their hands off.
When was this because even I can remember seeing him at Darlo. I actually played against him in a pub game which was strange.

If bruno does get through trial its a good development set up.

princes town

Post by princes town » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 am

boorman wrote:They didn't buy Lee Ellison. I think there was talk of 200K for him from someone like Blackburn during our relegation season from Division 3, but it didn't happen. Such a pity that he fell out of favour at Darlo and apparently lost his appetite - he was a real talent... could score from anywhere.

I was pretty young at the time so didn't know the full story about the interest in him from a higher level... was it that Darlo thought he was worth more money and they rejected bids or was it just that no one actually bid for him and it was just rumour?
he was a good player no argument. Thanks for clarifying that.defo went to Leicester.

boorman

Post by boorman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:10 am

Don't forget about Michael Smith in the Pilatos debate. I noticed him playing for AFC Wimbledon the other night and he looked good, and he's actually got a good goal record for them. He was someone a lot of the fans could take or leave when the bigger club came knocking.

On Ellison, he actually ended up at Leicester when he'd become damaged goods - two or three years after he had that purple patch for us.

He obviously didn't help himself, but I wonder what might have happened if we'd have bought Dougald McCarrison and kept that fruitful strike partnership with Ellison going (especially considering we bought Nick Cusack later in the season, who did nowt), or a couple of seasons later when he came back from the wilderness... if only Alan Murray had stuck with him instead of signing Bernie Slaven.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Didn't say they'd definitely want him. I was replying to the post above mine actually. Can't say anything without getting jumped on on here anymore

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Don't suppose anyone has heard how it went for him the other night?
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:04 pm

I think we should loan him out to Blackburn to get a bit of experience, before he comes back into our first team!!!!!!!! :D

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:07 pm

He was saying on twitter that its good to get positive feed back and kick on so may have gone OK