West at it again

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlojay
Team Supported: Darlington

West at it again

Post by darlojay » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 am

After Kris Taylor scored the winning penalty for Hednesford last night west 'fans' and allegedly some club officials turned on the visiting fans and players.

I'm told by someone who was there that they had to escape a barrage of bricks and stones been thrown at them as they left the ground.

The incidents were also well publicised over twitter.

Nothing like West giving north east football a good name!

However it seems to be more commonplace now in non league. A group of Witton Albion fans including women and kids were attacked at Worksop two weeks ago.

Shameful and no place for it.

Bogratsteve

Re: West at it again

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:02 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24289149

And this happened a few weeks ago between the players

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 am

Arseholes ....chuck em out the Northern league and make em play behind closed doors...

Nothing will ever happen to west tho not as long as Ebac sponsor the league..any other team would have been hammered for the way their fans,players & manger have behaved the last couple of seasons

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:49 am

By all accounts the stone throwing was outside the ground from kids that didn't go to the match. Not much West can do about that I'm afraid, that's a police matter.

In light of the recent Prescot fan assault at your game, maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones eh?
Unbelievable Jeff!!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

northernlad73 wrote:By all accounts the stone throwing was outside the ground from kids that didn't go to the match. Not much West can do about that I'm afraid, that's a police matter.

In light of the recent Prescot fan assault at your game, maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones eh?
Fuck Off man...

Yes, it is sad that a Prescot fan was assaulted, I hope the club do something about, but in comparison, it is nothing compared to West...

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:20 am

I don't condone either incident Foz as it has no place at a game of football in this day and age.
There are posts above slating West (one of my most disliked teams btw) yet there is also a thread on your own board about the Prescot fan issue which just smacked of double standards to me.
I'm not saying EVERY Darlo fan has this opinion (before the bashing starts)
Unbelievable Jeff!!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:By all accounts the stone throwing was outside the ground from kids that didn't go to the match. Not much West can do about that I'm afraid, that's a police matter.

Fuck Off man...

Yes, it is sad that a Prescot fan was assaulted, I hope the club do something about, but in comparison, it is nothing compared to West...

I'm not sure I agree with you.

Firstly, both incidents are regrettable and should not have happened. These sorts of incidents do neither club nor football in the region at large and good.

In one incident a person is assaulted - is that worse than stones being thrown at a bus? (I am presuming no damage/ injuries was done as I have not seen any reporting of damage)

However, is it really anything to argue about as to whose hooligans are worse. Any hooliganism is wrong.

There is a great verse in the Bible - Matthew 7:5
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye
This seems to sum up the position.

West have/ continue to have problems with behaviour of "fans"
Darlington have / continue to have problems with behaviour of "fans"

I am not going to criticize one or both clubs, because I accept that at Spennymoor there has been (and no doubt at big games will be) idiots who misbehave as well

At Spennymoor we must take actions to ensure our "fans" behave, ditto at Darlington and West.

Its only for the relevant authorities ie the local or national FAs to judge.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 pm

There was damage to the supporters and players coaches

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:There was damage to the supporters and players coaches
I wasn't aware of damage.

No excuses for any trouble

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:04 pm

spen666 wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:There was damage to the supporters and players coaches
I wasn't aware of damage.

No excuses for any trouble
Hednesford Town FC ‏@Hednesford_Town 16 Oct
For those asking thankfully everyone got away without injury at the end, same couldn't be said for the coaches though due to stone throwing.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:05 pm

spen666 wrote:
fozzovmurton wrote:

Fuck Off man...

I'm not sure I agree with you.

Firstly, both incidents are regrettable and should not have happened. These sorts of incidents do neither club nor football in the region at large and good.

In one incident a person is assaulted - is that worse than stones being thrown at a bus? (I am presuming no damage/ injuries was done as I have not seen any reporting of damage)

However, is it really anything to argue about as to whose hooligans are worse. Any hooliganism is wrong.

There is a great verse in the Bible - Matthew 7:5
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye
This seems to sum up the position.

West have/ continue to have problems with behaviour of "fans"
Darlington have / continue to have problems with behaviour of "fans"

I am not going to criticize one or both clubs, because I accept that at Spennymoor there has been (and no doubt at big games will be) idiots who misbehave as well

At Spennymoor we must take actions to ensure our "fans" behave, ditto at Darlington and West.

Its only for the relevant authorities ie the local or national FAs to judge.
The difference is though that Darlo have a much bigger fanbase.

There are more likely to be troublemakers in crowds 1200-1500, than 200-300 fans.

The point I'm making is there seems to be a type of mentality and attitude at West, something which has been said time and time again by non league fans.

Not that I'm condoning the behaviour of the small minority of Darlo fans who have misbehaved in the past. But with a bigger fanbase comes a greater risk of having the odd group of idiots.

So I don't think it's as simple as comparing Darlo to West because the two have very different fanbases, and as we saw last season, very different mentalities.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Darlogramps wrote: The difference is though that Darlo have a much bigger fanbase.

There are more likely to be troublemakers in crowds 1200-1500, than 200-300 fans.

The point I'm making is there seems to be a type of mentality and attitude at West, something which has been said time and time again by non league fans.

Not that I'm condoning the behaviour of the small minority of Darlo fans who have misbehaved in the past. But with a bigger fanbase comes a greater risk of having the odd group of idiots.

So I don't think it's as simple as comparing Darlo to West because the two have very different fanbases, and as we saw last season, very different mentalities.

A hooligan is a hooligan irrespective of the numbers at a game.

It only takes one person

Its no defence to say we have more fans than you or whatever.

Condem your own hooligans and leave others to deal with theirs

The Big Dawg

Post by The Big Dawg » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 pm

What are you rabbitting on about - 99% of the people who posted in the thread condemned the arsehole who punched the lad at our game.

Are you saying you can't understand the difference between a club who regularly have over a thousand in attendance sadly having an individual causing trouble every now and then, and a club with less than 300 fans regularly being involved with violence and general bad behaviour throughout their support?
I AM JAZZ MAVERICK

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Why on earth are these Northern League rejects on our board, West have and will always be pitch fork shaking yokels who with a 300 average crowd don't have a brain cell between them.

Keep off our board we smashed your league you are the past, we don't hang around the Northern League forum like a bad smell keep on your own board if you don't I will smack you. :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:37 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: The difference is though that Darlo have a much bigger fanbase.

It only takes one person

What like you do?

Taken from your blog after we tonked your lot in February:
Sadly he wasn’t the only idiot at the game. The advertising hoarding were damaged by some idiots in the Darlington end. I hope his fellow Darlington fans are proud of his behaviour and that of those with him who broke the advertising hoardings down.

I should make it clear that it is only a small number of Darlington fans who have caused any problems, but even that number is too many. They get the majority of good Darlington fans a bad name. They fail to realise their behaviour inevitably reflects on the name of Darlington and their fellow football fans.

Why does this matter? Well, unlike a premiership club, every penny matters to clubs at this level and most of the work is done by volunteers. There is no need for such damage of puerile behaviour and it is not the first time this season crowd behaviour has been called into question, mainly involving Darlington fans, but not exclusively.
That was you leaving us to deal with our own was it? You massive hypocrite.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:43 pm

The Big Dawg wrote:What are you rabbitting on about - 99% of the people who posted in the thread condemned the arsehole who punched the lad at our game.

Are you saying you can't understand the difference between a club who regularly have over a thousand in attendance sadly having an individual causing trouble every now and then, and a club with less than 300 fans regularly being involved with violence and general bad behaviour throughout their support?
Nail on head. Sadly spen is one of those creepy weirdos who hangs round this board, making the occasional comment to try and fit in, but then from time to time, it slips and his real pitch-fork shaking, jealous, small-minded attitude seeps out.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
The Big Dawg wrote:What are you rabbitting on about - 99% of the people who posted in the thread condemned the arsehole who punched the lad at our game.

Nail on head. Sadly spen is one of those creepy weirdos who hangs round this board, making the occasional comment to try and fit in, but then from time to time, it slips and his real pitch-fork shaking, jealous, small-minded attitude seeps out.
Glad to see you know nothing about me.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:26 pm

I thought when we got promoted we would have less Northern League bitterness on this board but it is like a turd that won't flush.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:35 pm

hmm start a thread about a northern league club and then wonder why you have comments from followers of the northen league.

its not rocket science

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 pm

spen666 wrote:hmm start a thread about a northern league club and then wonder why you have comments from followers of the northen league.

its not rocket science
Well you wouldn't see these threads if you weren't already lurking on the message board.

It's not rocket science.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:14 am

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Not really, the above description sums you up rather well. You've never done anything on this board to suggest otherwise.

Interesting you decide not to comment on my point about you being a hypocrite.

You preach to us one thing, but then do the exact opposite. Creepy, weirdo, hypocrite.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 am

spen666 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Spen, to be fair you said on your very own blog that a small minority of fans give Darlo a bad name, yet when West are given a bad name by some of their fans, you on here, and some others on NLZ try to say stuff like "what are they supposed to do? Probably a small minority of trouble makers that aren't even fans" and excuses like that.

As we saw last season in that league there is one attitude towards Darlo, and one towards the rest.

It's still rumbling on now on NLZ with little snipes (not from you, I'll add) about "Darlo are DESPERATE for cash, that's why they sold Johnson", and "Darlo are skint. Again. Deal with it", yet "Good luck to Celtic Nation" for spending way beyond their means.

Sadly it is more proof that there are people out there desperate for us to fail, and some people wonder why some Darlo fans can be aggressive or dismissive of the Northern League.

You'd have thought that they'd want to forget all about us and pretend we'd never happened after we obliterated their league to fuck, last season. In some cases I think it's made them want our guts even more.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am

Quakerz wrote:
Spen, to be fair you said on your very own blog that a small minority of fans give Darlo a bad name, yet when West are given a bad name by some of their fans, you on here, and some others on NLZ try to say stuff like "what are they supposed to do? Probably a small minority of trouble makers that aren't even fans" and excuses like that.

As we saw last season in that league there is one attitude towards Darlo, and one towards the rest.

It's still rumbling on now on NLZ with little snipes (not from you, I'll add) about "Darlo are DESPERATE for cash, that's why they sold Johnson", and "Darlo are skint. Again. Deal with it", yet "Good luck to Celtic Nation" for spending way beyond their means.

Sadly it is more proof that there are people out there desperate for us to fail, and some people wonder why some Darlo fans can be aggressive or dismissive of the Northern League.

You'd have thought that they'd want to forget all about us and pretend we'd never happened after we obliterated their league to fuck, last season. In some cases I think it's made them want our guts even more.
Ignore the prats on NLZ, we got criticized all last year for spending beyond our means and then when we try to stick to our budget they assume we're in a financial crisis. Any excuse to have a snipe when really they know nothing about what is happening, they don't like clubs that don't believe the NL is greatest league in non-league football and don't show it the uttermost respect.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Why can't spen talk about us on here?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 am

Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:

It only takes one person

What like you do?

Taken from your blog after we tonked your lot in February:
Sadly he wasn’t the only idiot at the game. The advertising hoarding were damaged by some idiots in the Darlington end. I hope his fellow Darlington fans are proud of his behaviour and that of those with him who broke the advertising hoardings down.

I should make it clear that it is only a small number of Darlington fans who have caused any problems, but even that number is too many. They get the majority of good Darlington fans a bad name. They fail to realise their behaviour inevitably reflects on the name of Darlington and their fellow football fans.

Why does this matter? Well, unlike a premiership club, every penny matters to clubs at this level and most of the work is done by volunteers. There is no need for such damage of puerile behaviour and it is not the first time this season crowd behaviour has been called into question, mainly involving Darlington fans, but not exclusively.
That was you leaving us to deal with our own was it? You massive hypocrite.
Wasn't there also accusations of racism levelled against Spennymoor fans in February?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 am

fozzovmurton wrote:Wasn't there also accusations of racism levelled against Spennymoor fans in February?
Don't know?

Only reported racism incident I remember from last year was our chant involving the word "caravan" in our game at West Auckland.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Plenty on the NLZ Johnson thread have had a little pop....knob heads.