The trouble at the game last Saturday.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

The trouble at the game last Saturday.

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:33 am

I've not been online until now, so couldn't post this after the game. I was within 10 yards of the incident. There was a group of around 8 Prescott fans, who were enjoying themselves. I didn't see them provocing any Darlo fans, but even if they had, it didn't give a very well known Darlo the fan to go and throw big punches at the guys head. When the Prescott fans threatened to retaliate and the stewards arrived, they pointed out the fan. The stewards did absolutely nothing. Even when an incensed Darlo fan near me went to the stewards to point out the individual they still did nothing. If stewards are too weak willed to do anything, then they should either be re-trained or get someone in who will act.

That Darlo fan should be ashamed of himself, as he has let the whole club down.

lo36789

Re: The trouble at the game last Saturday.

Post by lo36789 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 am

was the steward present whilst he was throwing punches or after?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:51 am

Afterwards, but the Prescott fans and at least one Darlo fan pointed out who the idiot was and he just leant against the barrier with a smug smile on his face for the rest of the match. I would have also gone to the stewards and pointed him out, but I had a young lad with me.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 pm

If he's well known write to the club.

Club don't need such clowns
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Just pointing out the stewards are volunteers and as such I wonder if they are covered by insurance if anything was to happen to themselves or any other person involved .

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:21 pm

If the stewards can't/don't/won't act they need to go home volunteers or not.

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 pm

I was amazed at the end of last season one of our fans ran onto the pitch, jumped on our players who were celebrating a goal. He then ran back across the pitch, threatened to punch one of the opposing players and back into the crowd. Football fan???

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 pm

You don't get this sort of trouble on playforyourclub.com.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Spyman wrote:You don't get this sort of trouble on playforyourclub.com.
And what if the "well known fan" who threw the punch is the father of one of our ball boys? I'd be pretty wound up too if my son couldn't have his half time kickabout.

Joking aside though, I hope whoever this guy is, he can be identified and dealt with accordingly by the club.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Have you reported this vicious assault to the police Pete or were you too busy checking every blade of grass for damage?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:16 pm

This fool makes me furious. We want to welcome opposing fans to our matches - we don't want pond life like this masquerading as our supporters.

darlo999

Post by darlo999 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:44 pm

This same idiot was also causing trouble at Clitheroe whist his young son was with him. The sooner he is banned the better ! He should know better been in his late 40's/early 50's. :thumbdown:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Was also close to this, the guy was in no way looking for any trouble, or did anything to provoke it, unlike on another thread where it was suggested he deserved a slap.

The stewards had little choice and imo handled it quite well, defusing the situation

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Jesus Christ have you "men" never had a confrontation, stuff like that happened at every other match when I started following darlo, rowdy men after a few pints it's going to happen when their is no segregation. It was hardly trouble a black eye and a bust lip won't do him any harm. I remember one match away at Hartlepool when all the "Normal" fans where getting attacked by Hartlepool fans and a handful of darlo lads risked a hell of a beating to get them out of trouble, I'm pretty sure the lad who I think you are talking about was one of those lads. When he started following darlo it was a working mans game so a bit if punch up was expected! I'm not condoning what happened I'm just trying to put another perspective on it. If I was jumping around and goading people at an away game I would expect that to happen.
By the way it has happened to me at Carlisle before anyone asks.

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 pm

If two men wanna go at it then ive got no problem with that but the guy wasnt causing trouble

I do however accept that they really should have thought about jumping around in front of the home fans

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Quaker0006 wrote:If two men wanna go at it then ive got no problem with that but the guy wasnt causing trouble

I do however accept that they really should have thought about jumping around in front of the home fans
They'd just scored to take the lead at the biggest club in the league. Why the hell shouldn't they celebrate?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Jesus Christ have you "men" never had a confrontation, stuff like that happened at every other match when I started following darlo, rowdy men after a few pints it's going to happen when their is no segregation. It was hardly trouble a black eye and a bust lip won't do him any harm. I remember one match away at Hartlepool when all the "Normal" fans where getting attacked by Hartlepool fans and a handful of darlo lads risked a hell of a beating to get them out of trouble, I'm pretty sure the lad who I think you are talking about was one of those lads. When he started following darlo it was a working mans game so a bit if punch up was expected! I'm not condoning what happened I'm just trying to put another perspective on it. If I was jumping around and goading people at an away game I would expect that to happen.
you fanny. slavery was considered fine years ago. fighting at football isn't these days. its now a family game - massively pushed as another family consumer product along with rugby, going to the cinema, bowling etc etc. football is in the same market for floating fans as the aforementioned recreations.

if a bunch of blokes want to fight - fine - but in private - or if they really think they're hard enough - in a boxing ring.

Quaker0006

Post by Quaker0006 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:11 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Quaker0006 wrote:If two men wanna go at it then ive got no problem with that but the guy wasnt causing trouble

They'd just scored to take the lead at the biggest club in the league. Why the hell shouldn't they celebrate?
The trouble had nothing to do with the goal and ive got no problem with them celebrating

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Jesus Christ have you "men" never had a confrontation, stuff like that happened at every other match when I started following darlo, rowdy men after a few pints it's going to happen when their is no segregation. It was hardly trouble a black eye and a bust lip won't do him any harm. I remember one match away at Hartlepool when all the "Normal" fans where getting attacked by Hartlepool fans and a handful of darlo lads risked a hell of a beating to get them out of trouble, I'm pretty sure the lad who I think you are talking about was one of those lads. When he started following darlo it was a working mans game so a bit if punch up was expected! I'm not condoning what happened I'm just trying to put another perspective on it. If I was jumping around and goading people at an away game I would expect that to happen.
This is England

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:32 pm

I have been pretty shocked at how long this took to crop up on here, i thought he must have been a local hard nut and everyone was too scared to say anything ?

anyway i dont know the fella but being stood pretty close i saw him walk up to one of the prescott fans and lay a punch on him and then accused him of being a clever C*$T and tried to justify the fact he'd just punched him with this reason.

bang out of order if you ask me, I'd hate to think me and the rest of my scrawney mates were visiting an away game and got punched for being near the home fans !

family friendly club my arse ! those of you who know this guy need to report him and see that he is dealt with by the club, this is not acceptable and with kids in the tin-shed seeing this guy as a role model, some of the young lads were saying how "class" it was that he'd just lamped someone and seemingly got away with it !

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Still have a group of wannabe hard cases as "fans" I see, more like brain dead morons, wish they would find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon and anyone who condones it or thinks it's alright should join them, not welcome at the club as far as I'm concerned

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:21 pm

There is no place for it in the modern game...this isn't fucking Green Street so let's not dress it up as anything other than the fella in question being a complete and utter bellend.

What an excellent example to set to his young son too. He wants to hope the next fan he slaps doesn't get up and ensure he's sucking Heinz through a straw for the next month.

A ban is in order. Just my opinion, like.

Darlo Cockney

Post by Darlo Cockney » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Simple - If people know who he is then identify him.

Tell the club and if necessary identify him on this board.

Get him banned for life.
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:47 pm

:roll:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:31 pm

If a bunch of dings want to scrap, then take it outa the football ground!! Simples. Fucking mongs.

bigbitchtits
Team Supported: Sunderland

Post by bigbitchtits » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Welcome Mr Dyer

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:28 am

We are trying to encourage the next generation of darlo fans and be a active community presence. Its need family coming to the games and they need to feel comfortable. So it may not do the two drunken shithouses any harm, but in the end it will harm the club increasing the fan base.

And also there nothing sadder then watch 40/50 year old men try to relove the 80s hooligan days. #shitlife

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:04 am

Has he been named yet then or it it another one of those where nobody is allowed?

Name the clown and get rid or before long we will be as bad as West.

According to Twitter the clown has friends in high places at the club so nothing will happen about it.

Not acceptable.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:21 am

Well it wasn't me cos I'd just got back from sunny Tunisia.

Why didn't someone have a go at him if they were that concerned. Enough people rounding on them would've sorted it.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 am

What gets me and one of the reasons why I raised this, was that there had been virtually no mention of the incident on here and yet our fans were quick to condemn violence against Barrow fans at the weekend. It was ridiculous to say it was a case of handbags at 10 paces, as other witnesses have said on here, it was an unprovoked attack. I know it'll cause trouble on here, but I will mention the fans name. I think his name was ****. Lets see what the club will do?

{ Hi, how about when you're sure you know his name, you tell the club directly? }