Blackwell

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

footifan
Team Supported: Darlington

Blackwell

Post by footifan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Spoke to some one that is in the know at the Rugby club... not a friend of a friend. He said
" Football club is looking at sharing with us now that Mowden voted to remain solely a rugby club

We would move onto the new pitch top left from the balcony and they would build/move a couple of stands to go opposite our clubhouse and at the roundabout end

They like our facilities and we would like their football "

Suspect the stand at Heritage & the Tin shed ( or the bones of it )
Obviously a long way to go, but these are genuine comments from some one that does not have an agenda.... Time will tell

divas

Re: Blackwell

Post by divas » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Fits perfectly with what I've heard

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:56 pm

divas wrote:Fits perfectly with what I've heard
Same

Edit:
Surely if this is the case, there are grants available to help finance a main stand? Didn't Bishop do this?
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 pm

And i presume could be quite quick to put into motion, i.e. with in the next year or so.

Gets my thumbs up

divas

Re:

Post by divas » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Darlo Till I Die wrote:
divas wrote:Fits perfectly with what I've heard
Same

Edit:
Surely if this is the case, there are grants available to help finance a main stand? Didn't Bishop do this?

Yes there are - the grants are only available for a multi-sport hub, hence.....

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Everyone benefits so I guess its a no brainer and keeps costs affordable and manageable.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm

would be good news if this is true!

If we can just build a 'tin shed' using it's skeleton then we have 3 stands, ample capacity.

Will probably need to build some sort of wall/fence (probably similar to what Runcorn Linnets have...http://www.runcornlinnetsfc.co.uk/media ... uction&i=7) around the outside to keep the ground self contained (I think this is a requirement).

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm

From the various rumoured plots, Blackwell has been my favourite one (bar Feethams, which of course was never going to happen). A decent location, there are some facilities there already, and it's not the Arena! It's not perfect, but (if true) I'm pretty happy with this.

Hopefully something can be signed pretty soon, so that we can really start to kick on with returning to the town.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Regarding the league requirements for team and officials changing rooms, I understand they are already up to standard. Can anyone confirm?
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Exciting news, possibly the worst kept secret

This is what you need for EvoPrem
http://nav.thefa.com/sitecore/content/T ... 202011.pdf

Conference North

Conference
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:58 pm

is it a good call, what about the water loggin over that area.would be a shame to get everthing sorted then to have match,s postponed for overwet pitch.however if that,s been sorted ,lets get on with it.thumbs up from me.the sooner we are back in home town the better.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:13 pm

I guess the changing rooms would be up to scratch given that DRFC used to be in the rugby equivalent of League 2, although I am not sure about having an extra changing room for female refs. Given that the players and officials would need to walk 100 odd yards from where our pitch would be to these changing rooms would they even count? It would be too far to go at half time for example and the walk to and from the changing rooms would be amongst the fans, not the safest for useless refs.

As for grants only being available for multi sport hubs, this has got to be bullshit. Look at all the football grounds that been developed via grants. Would this even be classed as a multi sport hub as only football would be played in front of the stand that the grant would be paying for.

The only positives I see from going to Blackwell meadows is that planning permission should be easier to obtain, we might be covered by DRFC’s alcohol licence and (the only one of real substance) the land is cheap.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm

But given that Accrington Stanley had our players getting changed in a portacabin I don’t think the availability of changing rooms should be even close to people’s decision making process.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:22 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:But given that Accrington Stanley had our players getting changed in a portacabin I don’t think the availability of changing rooms should be even close to people’s decision making process.
So did we for a period!

I thought changing rooms were inside the club house at DRFC? If that is the case they can't be 100yards from the main pitch?

There might have to be some investment in some barriers that go out from the entrace to the pitch (pretty much identical to Bishop).

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Is the proposed football area at Blackwell on rugby club or council owned land?

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:28 pm

New changing facilities would have to be built if we were to be in the top corner where the new pitches are. The current one would not be up to standard due to them being to far away, as is the bar etc.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:33 pm

This isn’t for their main pitch, it’s for another, so the players and officials would need to walk out of our proposed stadium, around DRFC’s main pitch and avoid the fans on their way to the changing rooms.

As far as I know all the land at Blackwell Meadows is council owned except for the footprint of their clubhouse.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:51 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote: As for grants only being available for multi sport hubs, this has got to be bullshit. Look at all the football grounds that been developed via grants. Would this even be classed as a multi sport hub as only football would be played in front of the stand that the grant would be paying for.
Of course grants are available to football clubs. But at this moment in this area they appear to favour a multi sport hub. Having one gives more chance of a grant.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote: The only positives I see from going to Blackwell meadows is that planning permission should be easier to obtain, we might be covered by DRFC’s alcohol licence and (the only one of real substance) the land is cheap.
Really? Do you want to have another think?

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:54 pm

HEY YOU GUYS are getting the wrong end of the stick The comments were written from a Rugby mans point of view..." We would move onto the new pitch top left from the balcony ( THE RUGBY CLUB ) and they ( THE FOOTBALL CLUB )would build/move a couple of stands to go opposite our clubhouse and at the roundabout end
They like our facilities and we would like their football "

ie the Football pitch would be next to the clubhouse
Last edited by footifan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:59 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote: so the players and officials would need to walk out of our proposed stadium, around DRFC’s main pitch and avoid the fans on their way to the changing rooms.
Not possible I'm afraid. Too far away. Look at the ground requirements for the Blue Square North.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Bang on if true.

We'd build a tin shed at one end, move the temporary seats to the other end, then down one side you already have the clubhouse, a few seats and a bit of standing...this has got to be an advantage.

The costliest job would be filling the 4th side, I imagine a seated main stand would be the end game there.

Suppose even futher down the line you'd get rid of the temporary seating at one end and look to build a stand with decent capacity to replace it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Blue Square North you only need covered accommodation for 500, 250 of which must be seats
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:17 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:This isn’t for their main pitch, it’s for another, so the players and officials would need to walk out of our proposed stadium, around DRFC’s main pitch and avoid the fans on their way to the changing rooms.

As far as I know all the land at Blackwell Meadows is council owned except for the footprint of their clubhouse.
If this is correct, it would be interesting to understand the relationships in play here - would we be the minor partner to the rugby club in some way? Or, would the council be the only landlord and, if so, here's their opportunity to do something positive for the football club without having to splash out taxpayer's cash

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:This isn’t for their main pitch, it’s for another, so the players and officials would need to walk out of our proposed stadium, around DRFC’s main pitch and avoid the fans on their way to the changing rooms.

If this is correct, it would be interesting to understand the relationships in play here - would we be the minor partner to the rugby club in some way? Or, would the council be the only landlord and, if so, here's their opportunity to do something positive for the football club without having to splash out taxpayer's cash
A question worth asking. Because for all time, we have always been the minor partner to everyone, and it'd be nice not to be for a change!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

footifan

Post by footifan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:37 pm

QuakerPete wrote:

I understood the Rugby Club own the main area inc the clubhouse & main pitch ( where were we would be located, some of you have misread my original quote ) ...The new area to the left of the main pitch looking from the clubhouse is council owned, i believe.

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm

If this happens it is the ideal situation for everyone involved with the club, the sooner we get back into town the better

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:56 pm

footifan wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:

I understood the Rugby Club own the main area inc the clubhouse & main pitch ( where were we would be located, some of you have misread my original quote ) ...The new area to the left of the main pitch looking from the clubhouse is council owned, i believe.
So the rugby club rent us their ground, meaning we are the minor partner again, and they move to the council owned land, no doubt with favours from the council etc?

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Quakerz wrote:
footifan wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:

So the rugby club rent us their ground, meaning we are the minor partner again, and they move to the council owned land, no doubt with favours from the council etc?
One message saying it's only the clubhouse footprint owned by the rugby club and another saying it includes the main pitch as well.

Wouldn't like to be TOO beholden to the rugby club (or council) with rental agreements / commercial deals such as profit-sharing on our match days, restricted fund-raising opportunities, etc.

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Quakerz wrote:
footifan wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:

They would rent from the council, so effectively DFC paying the rent for the Rugby club, can see where the Rugby club benefit.

Agreed in Dec 2010 apparently - http://www.wardhadaway.com/page/news/ar ... Panel=true