Ramsbottom v Darlington Tuesday 24th September

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ramsbottom v Darlington Tuesday 24th September

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Turns has to travel a lot for work as I understand it, he has a pretty demanding job. It is no surprise he hasn't be available particularly midweek.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:47 pm

His car went tits up yesterday, may have something to do with it

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:50 pm

AJ on for Purewal

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:51 pm

People forget that Kendal was difficult to watch regarding our defence. Its not just a case of losing Gary Brown. When he returns we will still be patching up.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Edwards is having an absolute nightmare. In the space on 2 mins he misses an open goal then lays on the chance for their third.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Oh and it's 3-0.

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:06 pm

not gonna help the support is it :(

TBH, sub goalie is our crocked CB/Capt, and we are starting with a player suffering shin splints

It would appear that our crowds are not big enough to enable us to have a fit 1st team, no wonder Gray was pleading in the press.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Fuck sake, what the fuck is going on?

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Gray needs to have a think about the teams he's putting out now we are still playing northern league tactics and we are getting punished we need to be more urgent and creative

anus

Post by anus » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Edwards was also giving the ball away far too much against Harrogate. Although he's only a young kid he's not as good as Robinson and hasn't strengthened the squad!
No goals against Harrogate and up until now the mighty Ramsbottom doesn't bode we'll.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Embarrassing defeat on the cards, Gray has to hold his hands up and admit he got his team selection totally wrong tonight, Edwards having a nightmare by the sound of things and the sooner Brown is back for Robinson the better.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm

think we might of found our level already

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Obviously it's a bad performance, and bad result. However, we have had a reasonable start to the season. Not time to panic yet, as some no doubt will, but we need to find our strongest line up, as I think the chopping and changing isn't helping us.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Gray needs to have a think about the teams he's putting out now we are still playing northern league tactics and we are getting punished we need to be more urgent and creative
I agree in a way.

It's all well and good signing the likes of Fisher etc... but it makes not one jot of difference if you haven't got a solid base to build from. I think Gray may still be in the mind set that you score 3, we'll score 4 and whilst that might be fine in the Northern League, it won't cut it at this level where we've already found out that teams are better drilled.

We have a creative squad, but we need to sort this defence out once and for all. We can't keep making do until Brown get's back. I thought the addition of White would have helped, and it has a little but it's still very, very fragile.

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 pm

darlo reborn wrote:think we might of found our level already
Three or four of the lads I was with on Saturday said the same thing I think you and they are about right, with the midfield an defence we have now any way

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Robinson looks good for 60mins a match though, he looks to have weight on him.

Edwards was poor against harrogate which is why it's fair to question his inclusion tonight. It seems that we can be unlocked much easier, although losing Tait, Brown and Harrison (arguably our 3 best players last season) is going to weaken any team considerably, so maybe its no surprise!

As has been said, we are only just starting the season and to be fair we can still go off on a winning run and end up top when it matters.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 pm

TDS wrote:Robinson looks good for 60mins a match though, he looks to have weight on him.

Edwards was poor against harrogate which is why it's fair to question his inclusion tonight. It seems that we can be unlocked much easier, although losing Tait, Brown and Harrison (arguably our 3 best players last season) is going to weaken any team considerably, so maybe its no surprise!

As has been said, we are only just starting the season and to be fair we can still go off on a winning run and end up top when it matters.

we will need a defence to do that.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 pm

al_quaker wrote:Obviously it's a bad performance, and bad result. However, we have had a reasonable start to the season. Not time to panic yet, as some no doubt will, but we need to find our strongest line up, as I think the chopping and changing isn't helping us.
Last season our defence was awesome, this season it is awful, 4 conceded against Farsley, 2 against Clitheroe and now 3 against the mighty Ramsbottom, hardly the cream of the league that lot.Our midfield has been poor also this season, Galbraiths laid back displays have stood out for the wrong reasons and I hope to god Gray does not see Edwards as being a fixture in the middle. Away from home I would seriously look at 4-3-3 rather than 4-4-2,something has to change and quick.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm

How about a conspiracy theory? MG is playing to get the bookies to offer a decent price about us winning the league, then have 50k on before we go on an unbeaten run through the rest of the season to win the league and clear our debts. :roll:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Reality is that we had a better team last season, yes the level was easier but we also had a settled 11 that was really solid nice Bell came in.

We have the makings of a good team but we're too top heavy on attacking talent and Gray currently doesn't have an idea of how to implement what he has into an effective unit away from home, we're far too open for this level and teams are punishing us.

It's massively frustrating that our budget is probably 5 times that of teams like Ramsbottom and we have Brown as a sub keeper on the bench and persist with an injured Galbraith and an untried Boro kid in midfield.

Tait, Brown, Gott and Emms are huge gaps that we've failed to fill. We have no god given right to win this league but the budget we're throwing at it you'd expect us to have some adequate cover.

the striped tiger
Team Supported: Spennymoor Townv

Post by the striped tiger » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:32 pm

MG won't hold his hands up. Defeats like this are the fans fault, afterall you don't support in the numbers he needs to sign top quality players to push for promotion! If it all goes tits up its your fault, afterall you're a fan owned club, MG is a very wise person, listen to him....If you win the league, get back to darlo and get back to BSP then its all down to MG.. What a guy! Pure genius.
And btw I'm not trolling and thanks for banning me earlier for posting innane drivel whilst continuing to let people post on hear using vile and abusive language whilst making personal attacks on other posters and you own fans and officials... Says a lot about your priorities on this classy forum guys...
And btw if you look back at my posts a lot of them were pointing out the glaringly obvious that a lot of you are now questioning and worrying about.
Seems to me your club is trimming the wage budget with the people uve let go and subsequently signed and will no doubt let go soon. You are all in the dark about your finances and planned return to darlo and your manager has in effect very publicly blamed your fans for any potential failure to achieve your plans through lack of support...very worrying...

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Ive an idea!

Fisher in up front, Leon midfield. Amar, Andy Johnson and Dowson back line. Sell Hunter, Edwards and Davis.

It CANNOT be any worse.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 pm

the striped tiger wrote:MG won't hold his hands up. Defeats like this are the fans fault, afterall you don't support in the numbers he needs to sign top quality players to push for promotion! If it all goes tits up its your fault, afterall you're a fan owned club, MG is a very wise person, listen to him....If you win the league, get back to darlo and get back to BSP then its all down to MG.. What a guy! Pure genius.
And btw I'm not trolling and thanks for banning me earlier for posting innane drivel whilst continuing to let people post on hear using vile and abusive language whilst making personal attacks on other posters and you own fans and officials... Says a lot about your priorities on this classy forum guys...
And btw if you look back at my posts a lot of them were pointing out the glaringly obvious that a lot of you are now questioning and worrying about.
Seems to me your club is trimming the wage budget with the people uve let go and subsequently signed and will no doubt let go soon. You are all in the dark about your finances and planned return to darlo and your manager has in effect very publicly blamed your fans for any potential failure to achieve your plans through lack of support...very worrying...
Lack of support. Do one you big deluded fucking idiot.

Northern League is a step behind :wave:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I have an idea, let's ban that jug lugged twat Martin Walker

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Who the fuck lifted his ban????

TheFriendlyFan

Post by TheFriendlyFan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 pm

It's unreal that Paul Robinson isn't getting in the starting line up. Especially when galbraith's performances aren't justifying his inclusion. He seems to be getting in the team based on reputation.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:44 pm

the striped tiger wrote:waffle
Who the fuck let you back in?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Very very bad game. Worst I've seen since we dropped down the leagues. Far too many passes misplaced. The forwards didn't look interested. It seemed the midfield wasn't there - the 2 new signings Edwards and Bruno didn't look interested! Bad team selection IMO, trying to play the long ball too much when the Rams defenders were all great in the air. sad to say but MG got it all wrong tonight!

Rant over
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm

It was an abject performance. That said Ramsbottom weren't half fired up for it, they wanted to win it so much more than us.

It's not gong to affect attendances lets be real about it. Those that attend home games and drag themselves to Ramsbottom on a Tuesday night are going to be at the next home game.

Davis and Edwards barely left the centre circle to defend or attack, the only time they did we almost scored if Edwards had managed to convert the open goals from inside the 6 yard box.

I'll be honest if we could sort out the gaping hole we have in the middle of our midfield our defence might not be so exposed. That said Jordan Robinson had a pretty poor game as well.

Salford City away in Saturday...I expect a reaction.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I think everyone expected a reaction tonight :thumbdown: