Darlington v Kendal Town - Extended Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington v Kendal Town - Extended Highlights

Post by TFDM » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 am

Extended highlights are up.

http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=5039

Apologies if some of you have seen an earlier, non working link. The HD mode didn't seem to be kicking in with the first upload so I had to do it again. Should be fine now. Some post match reaction to follow from Martin Gray.

njb

Re: Darlington v Kendal Town - Extended Highlights

Post by njb » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 am

Excellent highlights, quality just keeps getting better. Touch of the 'hand of god' for Armars second.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 am

Top notch once again!
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Many thanks again. Really captures the atmosphere (unlike the goals on local tv, where the same bit of cheering is dubbed onto every goal). Even when we wernt playing too well the crowd got behind the team. Just a question for anybody who was at the match. Are the highlights a fair representation or are they a bit biased? If not we just about deserved three points but the defence hasnt got its confidence yet. And very deft hand for the last one.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 pm

swadquaker wrote:Many thanks again. Really captures the atmosphere (unlike the goals on local tv, where the same bit of cheering is dubbed onto every goal). Even when we wernt playing too well the crowd got behind the team. Just a question for anybody who was at the match. Are the highlights a fair representation or are they a bit biased? If not we just about deserved three points but the defence hasnt got its confidence yet. And very deft hand for the last one.
Probably a fair reflection, we just about deserved the win but if it had been a draw we wouldn't have had too much room to moan.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Mightily impressed with Kev's hard work. And very appreciative.

They're not far off a true reflection. The only thing I can recall not on there from Kendal's perspective is the one where they had the one on one and he failed to beat Bell. Other than that all in there. With only 10 mins to play with, we can't have everything, and if there is a cut, we're always going to want our chances to be reseen.

Was there mention of a post match interview this week?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Mightily impressed with Kev's hard work. And very appreciative.

They're not far off a true reflection. The only thing I can recall not on there from Kendal's perspective is the one where they had the one on one and he failed to beat Bell. Other than that all in there. With only 10 mins to play with, we can't have everything, and if there is a cut, we're always going to want our chances to be reseen.

It's on the official website, I would link it in but can't at the moment. Gray not happy with the defending was the main bit.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:Mightily impressed with Kev's hard work. And very appreciative.

It's on the official website, I would link it in but can't at the moment. Gray not happy with the defending was the main bit.
He's also quite glad for the week off to enable our team to shake off any small niggles etc....which probably translates into glad to have more time to work with the defence.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Ta. Will check it in a bit.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Fantastic highlights Kev.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Yes, great work again Kev! Thanks.

Thought we looked good in the highlights. Some great cross-field passes out to the wing.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:51 pm

I'd like to think they are a fair reflection but it was a tough one to edit. People have different views and mine was while we were sloppy at times we deserved it and always had a few more chances in us than they did. Already though this level is clearly better. I never really bought into the NLZ balls that this level was easier... It ain't.

They had a couple of chances in the first half and they did have a decent spell in the second when we became a bit sloppy. However in the second half during their best spell they didn't have all that many clear cut chances (the half open goal they missed was a glarring one mind), although they did cause us problems. I thought we deserved it in the end and always felt we had another goal in us at 1-1.

However we need more bite in midfield. I honestly don't think the defence should become the sole focus for our defensive woe. We were at our best when the front closed down high up the pitch and Robinson needs to start. He got his foot on the ball and passed it properly.

Interview is here http://youtu.be/raY2ujjUBuQ

Was going to tack it on the end but did it seperately and used all the footage in the end.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm

TFDM wrote:I'd like to think they are a fair reflection but it was a tough one to edit. People have different views and mine was while we were sloppy at times we deserved it and always had a few more chances in us than they did. Already though this level is clearly better. I never really bought into the NLZ balls that this level was easier... It ain't.

They had a couple of chances in the first half and they did have a decent spell in the second when we became a bit sloppy. However in the second half during their best spell they didn't have all that many clear cut chances (the half open goal they missed was a glarring one mind), although they did cause us problems. I thought we deserved it in the end and always felt we had another goal in us at 1-1.

However we need more bite in midfield. I honestly don't think the defence should become the sole focus for our defensive woe. We were at our best when the front closed down high up the pitch and Robinson needs to start. He got his foot on the ball and passed it properly.

Interview is here http://youtu.be/raY2ujjUBuQ

Was going to tack it on the end but did it seperately and used all the footage in the end.
Echo your sentiments on Robinson, I was saying to the lads I was with at Farsley on Saturday that as ridiculous as it sounds Robinson was my man of the match for us. Think he only played about 20-25 mins but that co-incided with our best spell, he got his foot on the ball and made some great cross field passes as well as getting stuck in to the tackle and keeping us moving forward at all times. He is definitely a class act, hopefully he can be a big player for us as the season progresses and he settles in properly.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm

I really wondered why we signed Robinson at the time, as I thought it was a position we were already slightly overloaded in when the defence clearly needs work, but having seen him in these two games he is absolutely class - his range of passing is far better than anything else in the squad. Gott also gave us a bit more on Monday as I though he kept it nice and simple, and did a really effective job that we lacked on Saturday.

As for the defence, well it's still shakey, but I was glad to see J Robinson really taking responsibility for the high balls in the second half yesterday, he gave Leon much more protection and I think we improved defensively in the second half because of it.

Finally, having seen those (excellent) highlights, there's no doubt for me whatsoever that Amar handballed his second over the line.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks Kev,

I think it needs pointing out that I thought Dowson had a good game for the time he was on and pretty much made the chance for the pen out of nothing.

Unlucky not to score a couple of times

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Finally, having seen those (excellent) highlights, there's no doubt for me whatsoever that Amar handballed his second over the line.[/quote]

I was right in line with Amar, 5 yards from him, and it hit his ear!!!! He knew nothing about it, however it certainly DID NOT strike his hand. Amar was looking around him. wondering where the ball was. He didnt know that he had scored, however from Les's excellent photo of him scoring, there are about 500 people behind the goal confirming where the ball was!!!!

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Darlo Since 68 wrote:Finally, having seen those (excellent) highlights, there's no doubt for me whatsoever that Amar handballed his second over the line.

I was right in line with Amar, 5 yards from him, and it hit his ear!!!! He knew nothing about it, however it certainly DID NOT strike his hand. Amar was looking around him. wondering where the ball was. He didnt know that he had scored, however from Les's excellent photo of him scoring, there are about 500 people behind the goal confirming where the ball was!!!![/quote]

You sure you're not talking about his first? That looks like it hit his ear! Second looks like a handball from the video, not that I'm complaining like. You get some, you don't get the others!