Fergie Sacked!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Fergie Sacked!

Post by DFCAnth » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Darren that is.

broadsexile

Re: Fergie Sacked!

Post by broadsexile » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Classic short-termism from MacAnthony there. Were two consecutive promotions not enough or something?

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Absolutely pathetic that!!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:39 pm

What a complete arsehole that chairman must be, he gets 2 succesive promotions for them, he exceeds expectations for Peterborough and he gets bloody sacked :|
I feel sorry for him.

If the chairman was that bothered about them staying up, then perhaps he should of given young Darren money to spend before the transfer window closed & they might not of been in the position there in at the moment.

All in all, Pathetic Darragh McAnthony!!!!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:41 pm

The worst thing a manager can ever do in terms of his job security is get his team promoted. A poisoned chalice if ever there was one!

Quaker_London

Post by Quaker_London » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 pm

Chairmans quote exactly one month ago...

"Of course I will give Darren time to turn things around. As long as the endeavour is there we'll be alright.

"Even if the worst was to happen and we get relegated, we'd have a manager who knows how to get out of League One."

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Quaker_London wrote:Chairmans quote exactly one month ago...

"Of course I will give Darren time to turn things around. As long as the endeavour is there we'll be alright.

"Even if the worst was to happen and we get relegated, we'd have a manager who knows how to get out of League One."
What a flipping hypocrite.

Santino

Post by Santino » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Absolutely ludicrous. Takes Posh from League Two to the Championship in successive seasons, and this is how he's rewarded.

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:31 pm

To be fair, he was given huge sums of money in the process.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm

TeessideQuaker wrote:To be fair, he was given huge sums of money in the process.
But he's kept virtually the same team since been in Coca Cola League 2, i would of expected them to improve it, as the Championship is by far superior.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Blame Barry Fry that man is a C*nt.
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:38 pm

AndyPark wrote:
TeessideQuaker wrote:To be fair, he was given huge sums of money in the process.
But he's kept virtually the same team since been in Coca Cola League 2, i would of expected them to improve it, as the Championship is by far superior.
But plenty of the players he brought in, were good enough for the leagues above.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 pm

TeessideQuaker wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
But plenty of the players he brought in, were good enough for the leagues above.
They were good enough for Leagues 1 & 2, but there clearly not Championship players, there's only 3 players in the squad for them that are good enough for that level.
Joe Lewis, Goalkeeper, Been in England squad before and has proved he's good enough.
George Boyd, Midfield, Scotland B International.
Craig Mackail Smith, he knows where the back off the net is for Posh.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Whos to say hes been sacked on results alone? Maybe something has been going on behind the scenes or hes been making unrealistic requests regarding funds for players?

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:47 pm

This sort of sacking really winds me up, I hope Peterborough reap what they sow and Darren goes on to greater things.

While I'm on the subject, the grief Megson, Brown and the like get is disgusting.

I just hope P/boro do a Charlton

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Interestingly Malcolm Macdonald has just said don't be surprised if he is manager of Hull by the end of the week.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:47 pm

PJPoolie wrote:Interestingly Malcolm Macdonald has just said don't be surprised if he is manager of Hull by the end of the week.
Good luck to him, I hope P/boro find their natural level; bouncing between L1 and L2

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Totally mental :thumbdown:

DARL
Team Supported: Which one do you think dumbass

Post by DARL » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 pm

terrible desision, he has been a victim of his own sucess. If he had failed to get Peterborough promoted last season they would be up their with Leeds and Charlton this year and he would be hailed as one of the best young managers around - instead he has got them playing at a higher level and understandably struggled, and lost his job

to me this says that the chairman would rather be winning games in L1 than losing them in the Championship, and that is a recipie for failure

I met quite a few Posh fans at St James's this past weekend, and after 7 years of attending Newcastle home games (saturday was number 150 for me) the Peterborough fans are the best i have come across (even helping with our Ashely Out protests) and they deserve better than this.

Who can come in and do a better job than Fergie JR was doing - in my opinion nobody. i hate to say it to such great fans but your chairman has just condemed you to relegation

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:47 pm

DARL wrote:terrible desision, he has been a victim of his own sucess. If he had failed to get Peterborough promoted last season they would be up their with Leeds and Charlton this year and he would be hailed as one of the best young managers around - instead he has got them playing at a higher level and understandably struggled, and lost his job

to me this says that the chairman would rather be winning games in L1 than losing them in the Championship, and that is a recipie for failure

I met quite a few Posh fans at St James's this past weekend, and after 7 years of attending Newcastle home games (saturday was number 150 for me) the Peterborough fans are the best i have come across (even helping with our Ashely Out protests) and they deserve better than this.

Who can come in and do a better job than Fergie JR was doing - in my opinion nobody. i hate to say it to such great fans but your chairman has just condemed you to relegation
Peterborough fans are bloody idiots, anyone remember them at there place in our last play off season, they were fighting with the police to get to us :lol:

SuperQuaker

Post by SuperQuaker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 pm

This sends out a message to any manager who gets a small club promoted - take a job at a bigger club as quickly as you can. They say any manager is potentially only about 5 games away from the sack, so you couldn't blame a guy for taking a bigger salary while they can get it.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:24 am

SuperQuaker wrote:This sends out a message to any manager who gets a small club promoted - take a job at a bigger club as quickly as you can. They say any manager is potentially only about 5 games away from the sack, so you couldn't blame a guy for taking a bigger salary while they can get it.
He only signed a new 4yr contract in July. So there'll be one hell of a payoff as well :crazy:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:27 am

thats the maddest thing - ferguson is well regarded and they could easily have bided their time while he found another club - im sure they refused permission for another club to speak to him a little while back - would have saved them a canny sum of money!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 am

divas wrote:thats the maddest thing - ferguson is well regarded and they could easily have bided their time while he found another club - im sure they refused permission for another club to speak to him a little while back - would have saved them a canny sum of money!
Reading wanted him - that's why they tied him into a new contract :lol: :clap: :lol:

collett_for_england

Post by collett_for_england » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:20 pm

And I'm sure Peterborough can wave goodbye to the Man U contacts and friendlies as well, bad move!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm

divas wrote:thats the maddest thing - ferguson is well regarded and they could easily have bided their time while he found another club - im sure they refused permission for another club to speak to him a little while back - would have saved them a canny sum of money!
My girlfriend who's a Grimsby fan wants him to manage them :lol: That won't happen.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm

mind you £3m in transfer fees alone should enable any manager to get out of league 2 and league 1

see theyve just signed josh simpson from histon - more than likely for another large sum

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Short-sighted in the extreme. wtf do these people expect? :thumbdown:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:37 pm

alleztfc wrote:Short-sighted in the extreme. wtf do these people expect? :thumbdown:
3 promotions in 3 seasons :lol:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Peterborough United have now released a statement regarding Darren Ferguson's departure from the football club.