No more match updates for now

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Jocam211
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: No more match updates for now

Post by Jocam211 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:38 pm

Sam your match updates were always spot on, I don't get involved in club social media but from past experience I know people have been blocked for bringing the club into disrepute or advertising businesses or associations that don't support the football club, have you tweeted anyone like that?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Jocam211 wrote:Sam your match updates were always spot on, I don't get involved in club social media but from past experience I know people have been blocked for bringing the club into disrepute or advertising businesses or associations that don't support the football club, have you tweeted anyone like that?
Not that I know of, only use it when I'm at a game anyway
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Jocam211 wrote:Sam your match updates were always spot on, I don't get involved in club social media but from past experience I know people have been blocked for bringing the club into disrepute or advertising businesses or associations that don't support the football club, have you tweeted anyone like that?
If he had a simple PM reminding him of the rules(?) would have been more appropriate than locking him out. I think he deserves that much.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:48 pm

I put information out about the bus to home games and the away travel that had been organised this season, relevant information that had already been released by James on the shop's page, so it was in the public domain. This was subsequently removed after I'd been deleted.

Sounds like a certain person has spat their dummy out

Jocam211

Post by Jocam211 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:52 pm

agree if you had done something out of order then you should have been contacted out of courtesy but if you've done nothing at all then i don't understand why you've been blocked x

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Ingleby wrote:Very odd indeed. That's gratitude for you.

You do a top job Sam, not only with helping out with Twitter but Match reports when needed. Credit to you for putting up with it.

If she is so possessive with the Official Darlo Account maybe going with the Darlo Match Account is the way- official or unofficially. Thats if you don't just want to sack it all off mind.
Thanks mate, it's an idea but the whole point of keeping it there was to capture the largest audience, both Twitter & Facebook have over 6000 people following them.
I'd like to see them run it themselves as it's only ever been Luke & James who provided it last season and I filled in where needed.

Will be interesting to see what happens now as I've said something, like with what happened to Tori, they seem to like to keep things under wraps, not going to happen this time
Last edited by quakersam on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:54 pm

It seems there's too many people in charge of it anyway!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:05 pm

TDS wrote:It seems there's too many people in charge of it anyway!
Pretty much my view now. Take this offline - I have PM'd a couple of people and I will send an e-mail to the party who is judged to have 'admin' rights based upon responses.

Frigging tell I have an oversight role in a bloomin' bank.

First q - what do the club use the twitter feed for, what messages is it anticipated will be shared.
Second q- what roles exist that can be given on the twitter feed have set Roles & Responsibilities for those using it and defined lines of communication if a message needs to go up.
Third step - User access review. What are the current priveledges and levels.

I must say I am a little confused as to why certain people have access to this twitter feed it's not immediately obvious to me why. It's not rocket science but maybe needs to be done just to tie it off for the future.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Just a quick update.

The email I sent has been acknowledged and someone is currently looking into it.

It's though that possibly there has been a password reset ( perhaps one of the other users can confirm that ) and that through a genuine mistake Sam has been left off the communication.

Hopefully this will be soon sorted and Sam can sleep on it and continue his great work.

I've got to admit his match updates are very professional along with the others who volunteer.

I will update you with any further info I get.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:16 pm

I'll believe it when I see it...

I thought we'd learnt by now how to treat volunteers with respect. Obviously not.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Markodarlo wrote:Just a quick update.

The email I sent has been acknowledged and someone is currently looking into it.

It's though that possibly there has been a password reset ( perhaps one of the other users can confirm that ) and that through a genuine mistake Sam has been left off the communication.

Hopefully this will be soon sorted and Sam can sleep on it and continue his great work.

I've got to admit his match updates are very professional along with the others who volunteer.

I will update you with any further info I get.
BULLSH!T. Why would someone remove two items I've posted?

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:34 pm

What were the items out of interest?

Obviously if you re read my post the password change was just an Initial suggestion, if you've already logged in then this is quite clearly not the reason for being locked out.

On the positive side, we've had a prompt reply confirming it is being looked into.

Can't blame you for being annoyed though.

Post by 08031995 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:36 pm

u mentioned buses, dont use twitter etc but did u mention supporters club buses? as ive heard the 1883 draw money set up by Supporters club but part of fundraising is advertised as going to the club but is sat in a bank account doing nothing club hasnt seen penny since earlier this year, if your promoting them im not surprised youve been blocked

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Markodarlo wrote:What were the items out of interest?

Obviously if you re read my post the password change was just an Initial suggestion, if you've already logged in then this is quite clearly not the reason for being locked out.

On the positive side, we've had a prompt reply confirming it is being looked into.

Can't blame you for being annoyed though.
Trust bus to home games and away travel for this season. Someone is trying to cover someone's arse, not buying that at all. Thanks for trying to get an answer though

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:41 pm

08031995 wrote:u mentioned buses, dont use twitter etc but did u mention supporters club buses?...if your promoting them im not surprised youve been blocked
No offence but if that is the case then it's a bit rubbish.

The information posted was for the benefit of Darlington fans getting to and from home games. It wasn't a service competing with something that the club are putting on either.

This is all guess work any way. It doesn't need a big hoo-hah about it, it could all be resolved quite simply in my book.

Post by 08031995 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:49 pm

agree but if people are pretending to give money to club we shud not promote them and if true they shud v told sam and not just blocked him

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm

08031995 wrote:u mentioned buses, dont use twitter etc but did u mention supporters club buses? as ive heard the 1883 draw money set up by Supporters club but part of fundraising is advertised as going to the club but is sat in a bank account doing nothing club hasnt seen penny since earlier this year, if your promoting them im not surprised youve been blocked
Welcome to the forum.

He's a fan helping out, of course he shouldn't have been blocked.
Last edited by Ingleby on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Darlodfc

Post by Darlodfc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:54 pm

It can't be that hard to know who has the admin password for the 'official Darlo' twitter account. There are only 2 directors of DFC1183 surely they must have the overall admin rights and therefore can block and unblock.
Didn't Tori say earlier that she contacted Laura when it happened to her and it got sorted quickly.

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:57 pm

I think we may need someone in charge for the whole social media thing and only have people on the accounts that need to be. One of those being QuakerSam
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Hilly wrote:I'll believe it when I see it...

I thought we'd learnt by now how to treat volunteers with respect. Obviously not.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Seems to depend on who the volunteer is sadly.

It seems there are 2 tiers IMO. "Them" and "us"

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:00 pm

lo36789 wrote:
08031995 wrote:u mentioned buses, dont use twitter etc but did u mention supporters club buses?...if your promoting them im not surprised youve been blocked
No offence but if that is the case then it's a bit rubbish.

The information posted was for the benefit of Darlington fans getting to and from home games. It wasn't a service competing with something that the club are putting on either.

This is all guess work any way. It doesn't need a big hoo-hah about it, it could all be resolved quite simply in my book.
I guess it's down to use of the account, Martin Jesper said that it had to be used carefully at the last fans forum.

Sam tried to do something good but I guess it's a control thing which you have to have in place. What he tweeted was fine and for the good of the club but maybe the next one might have been something the club did not agree with (not a dig at you Sam). A simple conversation with Sam should of happend really and smooth these things out.

I hope this is sorted soon and Sam is back updating us on match days and perhaps the club could review the Social Media control/use.

Post by 08031995 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:20 pm

not a service if theyre taking money saying its for club & club dont see it surely tht could be seen as "edited by moderator"

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:22 pm

08031995 wrote:not a service if theyre taking money saying its for club & club dont see it surely tht could be seen as
Maybe they are saving up to buy shares in the club?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
08031995 wrote:not a service if theyre taking money saying its for club & club dont see it surely tht could be seen as fraud
Last payment was over in Feb/March time, I am sure their is no issue.

From what I know actual dates of sending the money to DFC was not in theory set in place but will probably be every 6 or 12 months and I think the club and supporters club have had conversations over it.

Maybe some sort of agreed timescales so the club can budget but I don't think we should panic on the money not going over.

DFCSC_1

Post by DFCSC_1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Thank you,Les, well put. A sensible man, as usual.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Just a reminder to be careful about your post contains thank you

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
08031995 wrote:not a service if theyre taking money saying its for club & club dont see it surely tht could be seen as
This is something that I can't quite get my head around.

How can the supporters club but shares with this money?
And and shares the supporters club has gives then a vote on certain matters, but who decides on the vote if the supporters club, there is no real democratic constitution that I can see with in its set up.
It has a board but a board that is no more democratic than that of the CIC board which people are not happy about.
This is not a dig at the supporters club, I appreciate what they have done / do and have a lot of respect for Karen, Mary, Glen, Colin, Margaret etc.

Besides don't they already own 15%?

You can't own more than that.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:50 pm

DFCSC_1 wrote:Thank you,Les, well put. A sensible man, as usual.
Lee is a sensible man aswel. Lol ;-)

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Cheers Mark.

I was being sarcastic with my post about buying shares in the light of what's happened over the last few days incase people didn't twig.

I take it your post was aimed at me Charlie?
Last edited by Fatty eats roadkill on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Cheers Mark.

I was being sarcastic with my post about buying shares incase people didn't twig.
I got it, actually made me laugh :clap: