Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

charlie
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Spyman wrote:
charlie wrote:
I don't know why they appear to be in a hurry, and I don't think personally things have been done in a questionable manner just that it hasn't been explained yet
So you don't think it is questionable that the CIC are using funds received by the club, to buy shares in the club? As AKITJ said, why was this £20 per ticket given to the CIC, and not the Trust, supporters club, me?

I'm just struggling to fathom what the explanation is that you're so sure is forthcoming other than 'we didn't really think that through'. It doesn't mean they did anything intentionally wrong, but again, as has been said by several people several times before, nobody is expecting perfection and I think most would be more forgiving if people just held their hands up and admitted when mistakes were made (if they have been).

The reason I don't think it's questionable is because when I bought my season ticket I knew £20 was going to the CIC no secret was made of it even if it wasnt on the form
@Charliejovi on twitter

Image

Ingleby
Posts: 1512
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Ingleby » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Markodarlo wrote:Sorry, He was obviously appointed from a skill set point of view, I'd imagine there would have been a lot of legal jargon to be dealt with, I believe that anyone coming forward offering a skill needed during the creation would have been snapped up with thanks.
I see. That just leaves me with the question why Andrew would wish to be on the CIC Board, what does he get out of this. Similar questions for MJ's involvement as well tbh since neither are Darlington fans. Cynical of me perhaps.

Anyway I know this isn't the official channel for discussion so will leave it there.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Jazz Maverick
Posts: 4284
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: London

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Ingleby wrote:
Markodarlo wrote:Sorry, He was obviously appointed from a skill set point of view, I'd imagine there would have been a lot of legal jargon to be dealt with, I believe that anyone coming forward offering a skill needed during the creation would have been snapped up with thanks.
I see. That just leaves me with the question why Andrew would wish to be on the CIC Board, what does he get out of this. Similar questions for MJ's involvement as well tbh since neither are Darlington fans. Cynical of me perhaps.

Anyway I know this isn't the official channel for discussion so will leave it there.
You're such a fucking cunt :lol:

If you think something is amiss, or want to peddle a conspiracy theory during your lunch break on her McDonalds drive-thru, just come out with it. Literally all of your post are snide, underhand insinuations followed by a half arsed disclaimer.

Bottle job wanker

Ingleby
Posts: 1512
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Ingleby » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm

How embarrassing I have my very own stalker.

Seriously I didn't even know there was a follow option. Tend to ignore but WOW
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Jazz Maverick
Posts: 4284
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: London

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Jazz Maverick » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I've got your number for all to see, don't play the stalker card :lol:

You remind me of the village gossip, going round making veiled accusations about people but never having the bottle to fully put them out there.

Bell end.

lo36789
Posts: 8280
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Spyman wrote:So you don't think it is questionable that the CIC are using funds received by the club, to buy shares in the club? As AKITJ said, why was this £20 per ticket given to the CIC, and not the Trust, supporters club, me?
Because you didn't offer something as part of the season ticket.

If the club had felt it worthwhile and within their budget for the season tickets I am sure they could have approached the Supporters Club with something like the following

"we reckon this will boost ST purchases, what we want to do is offer a £20 discount on membership + travel to away games for next season, we will recompense you for that expense but we want to offer it as part of our ST offering"

The thing is the majority of ST ticket holders don't go to away games, the majority of ST holders don't use the Supporters Trust bus - however the majority of ST holders would conceivably want a membership share in the club. Therefore it is a good incentive.

The route they chose to go down meant they could be pretty confident that they wouldn't be out of pocket from it either, fact remains they are separate entities and separate transactions.

Prove otherwise.

shawry
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by shawry » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:27 pm

charlie wrote:
Spyman wrote:
charlie wrote:
I don't know why they appear to be in a hurry, and I don't think personally things have been done in a questionable manner just that it hasn't been explained yet
So you don't think it is questionable that the CIC are using funds received by the club, to buy shares in the club? As AKITJ said, why was this £20 per ticket given to the CIC, and not the Trust, supporters club, me?

I'm just struggling to fathom what the explanation is that you're so sure is forthcoming other than 'we didn't really think that through'. It doesn't mean they did anything intentionally wrong, but again, as has been said by several people several times before, nobody is expecting perfection and I think most would be more forgiving if people just held their hands up and admitted when mistakes were made (if they have been).

The reason I don't think it's questionable is because when I bought my season ticket I knew £20 was going to the CIC no secret was made of it even if it wasnt on the form
Pretend you are RS, you own 52% of the club, and others own the rest. you decide that you want to own 75% of the club, and so you state a portion of ST sales will go to you as an individual so you can reinvest it in the club in exchange for more shares.

I wouldnt find that acceptable, and so Im unable to find what the club & CIC are doing acceptable either, just because the CIC is fan owned doesnt mean I should agree that its right.

I guess the thing is, that even if it is legal, I find it a questionable way of increasing our stake in the club.

Im not knocking the CIC (well I guess I am on this issue) as I know that what they are trying to achieve is whats best for Darlo, and ultimately I want them to get their 75% - I just wish it wasnt this way.

shawry
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by shawry » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:So you don't think it is questionable that the CIC are using funds received by the club, to buy shares in the club? As AKITJ said, why was this £20 per ticket given to the CIC, and not the Trust, supporters club, me?
Because you didn't offer something as part of the season ticket.

If the club had felt it worthwhile and within their budget for the season tickets I am sure they could have approached the Supporters Club with something like the following

"we reckon this will boost ST purchases, what we want to do is offer a £20 discount on membership + travel to away games for next season, we will recompense you for that expense but we want to offer it as part of our ST offering"

The thing is the majority of ST ticket holders don't go to away games, the majority of ST holders don't use the Supporters Trust bus - however the majority of ST holders would conceivably want a membership share in the club. Therefore it is a good incentive.

The route they chose to go down meant they could be pretty confident that they wouldn't be out of pocket from it either, fact remains they are separate entities and separate transactions.

Prove otherwise.
What they should have done is allowed membership of all 3 bodies through your season ticket purchase, but each should have incurred additional cost on top of the season ticket, it should have been optional to join not compulsory.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11768
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:33 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:So you don't think it is questionable that the CIC are using funds received by the club, to buy shares in the club? As AKITJ said, why was this £20 per ticket given to the CIC, and not the Trust, supporters club, me?
Because you didn't offer something as part of the season ticket.

If the club had felt it worthwhile and within their budget for the season tickets I am sure they could have approached the Supporters Club with something like the following

"we reckon this will boost ST purchases, what we want to do is offer a £20 discount on membership + travel to away games for next season, we will recompense you for that expense but we want to offer it as part of our ST offering"

The thing is the majority of ST ticket holders don't go to away games, the majority of ST holders don't use the Supporters Trust bus - however the majority of ST holders would conceivably want a membership share in the club. Therefore it is a good incentive.

The route they chose to go down meant they could be pretty confident that they wouldn't be out of pocket from it either, fact remains they are separate entities and separate transactions.

Prove otherwise.
That's like asking me to prove God doesn't exist. The burden of proof doesn't lie with me in this case.

Are you suggesting the only benefit of the Supporters Trust is a bus? I think you're wide of the mark there.

Regardless of whether the majority of what you are saying is the case or not, I am very confident that the season ticket purchases and and CIC renewals were not 'seperate transactions' as you put it.

If you are so confident that the majority of season ticket holders would want to be CIC members, why not just keep the two entirely seperate? You buy your season ticket from 'x', and you renew your CIC membership with 'y'. That way nobody has any right to complain, everything truly is entirely seperate, and like you say, the majority sign up for the CIC anyway, so they get their money anyway.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

m62exile
Posts: 2166
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by m62exile » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Found the original thread mildly interesting for the first page or so, then amusing and bewildering in equal measure.

In my time I've seen Brealey, Peden, Reynolds, Houghton, and worst of the lot Singh come and go. So forgive me for not being outraged about one group diverting £20 of my money from essentially one part of the club to another.

I don't expect the CIC or 1883 boards to get everything perfect, I do expect them to act in good faith in the best interests of the club and it's long term success. Despite 100's of posts now, albeit from the same few posters I do not feel cheated, angry, robbed or misled so I don't reckon I'm going to be now.

I don't even think it was the wrong decision to be honest, I can see exactly why it was done, in hindsight it could have been communicated better.

But lets get some perspective for god's sake.

charlie
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:14 pm

shawry wrote:
charlie wrote:
Spyman wrote:
charlie wrote:
I don't know why they appear to be in a hurry, and I don't think personally things have been done in a questionable manner just that it hasn't been explained yet
So you don't think it is questionable that the CIC are using funds received by the club, to buy shares in the club? As AKITJ said, why was this £20 per ticket given to the CIC, and not the Trust, supporters club, me?

I'm just struggling to fathom what the explanation is that you're so sure is forthcoming other than 'we didn't really think that through'. It doesn't mean they did anything intentionally wrong, but again, as has been said by several people several times before, nobody is expecting perfection and I think most would be more forgiving if people just held their hands up and admitted when mistakes were made (if they have been).

The reason I don't think it's questionable is because when I bought my season ticket I knew £20 was going to the CIC no secret was made of it even if it wasnt on the form
Pretend you are RS, you own 52% of the club, and others own the rest. you decide that you want to own 75% of the club, and so you state a portion of ST sales will go to you as an individual so you can reinvest it in the club in exchange for more shares.

I wouldnt find that acceptable, and so Im unable to find what the club & CIC are doing acceptable either, just because the CIC is fan owned doesnt mean I should agree that its right.

I guess the thing is, that even if it is legal, I find it a questionable way of increasing our stake in the club.

Im not knocking the CIC (well I guess I am on this issue) as I know that what they are trying to achieve is whats best for Darlo, and ultimately I want them to get their 75% - I just wish it wasnt this way.

As I've previously said I knew I was paying my CIC renewal with my season ticket purchase. As for the Trust, the fact that they are heavily involved with the CIC keeps my faith in place. I can't comment about the Supporters Club or private investors but I have faith that everything is above board regarding the CIC. It isn't blind faith before anyone picks up on that one, its from what I've seen.
@Charliejovi on twitter

Image

charlie
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

m62exile wrote:Found the original thread mildly interesting for the first page or so, then amusing and bewildering in equal measure.

In my time I've seen Brealey, Peden, Reynolds, Houghton, and worst of the lot Singh come and go. So forgive me for not being outraged about one group diverting £20 of my money from essentially one part of the club to another.

I don't expect the CIC or 1883 boards to get everything perfect, I do expect them to act in good faith in the best interests of the club and it's long term success. Despite 100's of posts now, albeit from the same few posters I do not feel cheated, angry, robbed or misled so I don't reckon I'm going to be now.

I don't even think it was the wrong decision to be honest, I can see exactly why it was done, in hindsight it could have been communicated better.



But lets get some perspective for god's sake.

About sums it up really
@Charliejovi on twitter

Image

love it!
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:06 am
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by love it! » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:31 pm

m62exile wrote:Found the original thread mildly interesting for the first page or so, then amusing and bewildering in equal measure.

In my time I've seen Brealey, Peden, Reynolds, Houghton, and worst of the lot Singh come and go. So forgive me for not being outraged about one group diverting £20 of my money from essentially one part of the club to another.

I don't expect the CIC or 1883 boards to get everything perfect, I do expect them to act in good faith in the best interests of the club and it's long term success. Despite 100's of posts now, albeit from the same few posters I do not feel cheated, angry, robbed or misled so I don't reckon I'm going to be now.

I don't even think it was the wrong decision to be honest, I can see exactly why it was done, in hindsight it could have been communicated better.

But lets get some perspective for god's sake.
I read the start of this thread this morning and was bewildered also. This post is brilliant and a lot of people need to get a grip. So what if money was paid as part of the season ticket via the CIC or directly to the club. The CIC is the model the club has chosen to use and I'm happy with that decision

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Quakerz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Markodarlo wrote: 3 - Crowd projections: Mr. Jesper mentioned at the recent forum that a break even crowd figure for the season is 1,450, and that is before repaying debts. What actions will be taken if the crowds do not reach this figure?

Martin Jesper is constantly adjusting his projections based on actual revisions to expected revenues and expenditure – based on actual football and commercial activities that materialise. Monthly board meetings take place where this information is discussed with the CIC representatives (in their capacity of corporate director of Darlington 1883). The directors of the CIC are more than comfortable that Martin Jesper is being extremely professional in insisting on running an extremely tight ship in respect of financial management, planning and commercial activities. As a fan owned club, the biggest way in which the fans can support the financial position of the football club is through attending the matches in numbers, supporting the commercial activities that are announced and continuing with successful fundraising initiatives themselves.
The waffliest, nothingest answer of all time, right there.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

spen666
Posts: 1664
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Reading the threads on here re the CIC, the football club board etc, one cannot help thinking of George Orwell's "Animal Farm"!


Whatever the rights and wrongs of the season ticket money and the CIC membership, it seems that communication by and to the CIC / Football club needs to be improved.

It is sad to see that there is division between people who all want Darlington to be successful. Better communication will not change decisions, but it will ensure people know why decisions were made.

User avatar
A kick in the Jacobs
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 pm
Team Supported: Narwich
Location: Hanging out the back of your Missus

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 pm

This thread topic has caused me to have the worst opinion possible of Darlo fans.

No scruples, no brains to question things, no intelligence period, really. The fact that Charlie is a moderator (and seemingly respected) despite being one of the most intelligently-challenged people I've ever come across says everything.

The heart-warming contributions from the Darlo fans who possess objectivity is small consolation but they are clearly the minority.

I now hope the club fails. The club is the fans and the fans are mostly cvnts.

To those fair-minded folk: get yourself another interest. This shower isn't worth it.

Bye-bye, you dregs of life.

User avatar
micra3
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:22 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by micra3 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:16 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:This thread topic has caused me to have the worst opinion possible of Darlo fans.

No scruples, no brains to question things, no intelligence period, really. The fact that Charlie is a moderator (and seemingly respected) despite being one of the most intelligently-challenged people I've ever come across says everything.

The heart-warming contributions from the Darlo fans who possess objectivity is small consolation but they are clearly the minority.

I now hope the club fails. The club is the fans and the fans are mostly cvnts.

To those fair-minded folk: get yourself another interest. This shower isn't worth it.

Bye-bye, you dregs of life.

Thank you and good night .
M I C R A 3

al_quaker
Posts: 5469
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by al_quaker » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:This thread topic has caused me to have the worst opinion possible of Darlo fans.

No scruples, no brains to question things, no intelligence period, really. The fact that Charlie is a moderator (and seemingly respected) despite being one of the most intelligently-challenged people I've ever come across says everything.

The heart-warming contributions from the Darlo fans who possess objectivity is small consolation but they are clearly the minority.

I now hope the club fails. The club is the fans and the fans are mostly cvnts.

To those fair-minded folk: get yourself another interest. This shower isn't worth it.

Bye-bye, you dregs of life.
:lol: What a tit

charlie
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by charlie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm quite happy for his comments to remain, only person he's embarrassing is himself
@Charliejovi on twitter

Image

User avatar
botrash
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by botrash » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:This thread topic has caused me to have the worst opinion possible of Darlo fans.

No scruples, no brains to question things, no intelligence period, really. The fact that Charlie is a moderator (and seemingly respected) despite being one of the most intelligently-challenged people I've ever come across says everything.

The heart-warming contributions from the Darlo fans who possess objectivity is small consolation but they are clearly the minority.

I now hope the club fails. The club is the fans and the fans are mostly cvnts.

To those fair-minded folk: get yourself another interest. This shower isn't worth it.

Bye-bye, you dregs of life.

Too far.

I've kept out of this so far as I do appreciate the points you are making and actually agree to an extent and didn't see any reason for the debate to be stifled. But resorting to petty insults and name calling because a few people disagree with you isn't winning you any points here. And stereotyping all fans and wishing the whole club to fail because a few people on a messageboard oppose your view - laughable!

Take a bit of time to cool off, and let us know when you're ready to come back and debate like an adult...

User avatar
mikkyx
Site Admin
Posts: 3734
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by mikkyx » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:This thread topic has caused me to have the worst opinion possible of Darlo fans.

No scruples, no brains to question things, no intelligence period, really. The fact that Charlie is a moderator (and seemingly respected) despite being one of the most intelligently-challenged people I've ever come across says everything.

The heart-warming contributions from the Darlo fans who possess objectivity is small consolation but they are clearly the minority.

I now hope the club fails. The club is the fans and the fans are mostly cvnts.

To those fair-minded folk: get yourself another interest. This shower isn't worth it.

Bye-bye, you dregs of life.
Since you're going to stereotype, I suppose I should lower my opinion of "Narwich" fans accordingly too.

"Intelligently challenged"? I haven't seen you challenge a single person in this thread nor the others in an intelligent fashion.

You have been given the correct advice on more than one occasion by several different members of this forum. You are the one with the understanding of the issue. You are the one making the accusation. You are the one who should take this to the proper body to get the answers. Yet you aren't even a Darlo fan. So why are you even here?

I had accepted you may have an issue - most other people had accepted you may have an issue - and you have been told how to get that issue resolved. Yet you chose to go round and round in circles. "Not a Darlo fan. Not my problem." And then somewhere along the line you compared it to child abuse. Really?

When it became clear that no-one was going to pick up your little problem and do the hard work for you, or that the CIC weren't going to sprint onto this unofficial message board, the flouncing and insults began. You've accused members of this forum of being "soft" on child abuse because they dared to challenge your analogy. You've insulted me and at least one moderator - ironically the moderator with - I hope she doesn't mind me saying - a record of challenging the board on things and getting answers. You chose to attack the person best placed to have done your job for you if only you could've been nice about it.

And then, finally, having gotten dizzy from going round in circles so often, you flounce off in a huff like all good trolls eventually do, in a hail of insults and "wah wah wah, no-one wants to do my job for me so I hope you all fail."

I can't say I'll miss you. We've locked horns on more than one occasion and you're probably lucky you hadn't been permanently banned before now so you were able to level these accusations in the first place. Now you've decided to leave voluntarily so I suppose I should be grateful you've saved me a few mouse clicks.

See ya.

(To the rest of you, I'm sorry this thread got derailed when it should've been a discussion about the content of the Q+A. In part, it has been. When I've got time tomorrow I'll split the thread into those kinds of parts, and everything else.)
Mike Price - @mikkyx
---
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
One fifth of Darlo Fans Radio and one half of the Darlo Radio Football Show

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4143
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 pm

No need to split the thread up,just leave it as it is so it makes sense.


Botrash - has it spot on. I couldn't have put it better myself -- AKITJ is a character :o and it surprises me that he's flipped out like this, seeing as he had the brain power to flag up something which is, for want of a better word, unusual.

This board should be used to sensibly debate important stuff , does history teach us nothing?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

TDS
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by TDS » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 pm

AKITJ has gone from raising what could've been a great point that only he saw to looking like a sad, single, hairy, spotty, fat, degenerate who has recently lost his kids and wife due to too much internet porn.

Sorry but he was flinging insults about I thought i'd join in...

Seriously though, he comes on and seems to entice the Spymans of the world in to agreeing with him (assuming he knows the guy?) and then spectacularly explodes as if we were never worth his time in the first place.

People WERE right!! Deejay and or a poolie!! :clap:

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11768
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:No need to split the thread up,just leave it as it is so it makes sense.


Botrash - has it spot on. I couldn't have put it better myself -- AKITJ is a character :o and it surprises me that he's flipped out like this, seeing as he had the brain power to flag up something which is, for want of a better word, unusual.

This board should be used to sensibly debate important stuff , does history teach us nothing?
Yup. The beauty of these threads is the heat they generate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark
Posts: 11499
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by AndyPark » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:02 am

Jesus, you can't fucking win with some people. Get a fucking grip.

Mick
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Mick » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:24 pm

I think now is a good time to wish CIC the best of luck for the future, especially from those who only have the club's interest at heart.

Viva Darlo.

jimmyht
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by jimmyht » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Pity AKITJ imploded, because the whole CIC £20 is questionable.
However, unlike AKITJ, my feelings on the matter are bad communication , rather than deliberately trying to be underhand.

My big problem though, is the business-speak some of the questions are answered with - a fans club with fans in charge? then please give answers that the average fan understands? The question about the 3 CIC members was cleared up for me in one post in plain English on this board, lets hope this could be taken on board and any other issues can in future get a simlar response without having to be translated for numptys like me :D

User avatar
botrash
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:27 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by botrash » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Whatever the rights and wrongs of AKITJ's posts, he did have a fairly valid point and it does worry me that the club/CIC (kind of relevant to whole point that it's not clear which!) haven't responded through official channels.

OK, they shouldn't be expected to constantly monitor places like this, but an accusation like that must have quickly came to their attention and it would have been prudent to head off any accusations of legal wrongdoings as soon as possible.

As it stands, I guess we're still not any clearer on whether anything dodgy has gone down. And while I would never expect the motive of the CIC to be anything other then doing the right thing for the club, this is exactly the sort of info that the haters love to thrive on (look at the interest from NLZ and tinpot jpurnalists at the slightest whiff if any financial troubles).

I do wonder whether this will be addressed at all, or are we just hoping if we ignore it long enough it will go away?

User avatar
Hilly
Posts: 6251
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:10 pm

I agree with the above. Even to a novice like me, it does seem like something isn't quite right that a proportion of season ticket money is being farmed off to the CIC.

I agree that the CIC should be the group looking to be a big part within the club, but that doesn't mean that the club should fund them. That seems highly unethical to me.

AKITJ had a very good point, just a shame it ended like it did.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

the striped tiger
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 7:35 pm
Team Supported: Spennymoor Townv

Re: Fans Engagement Workstream, CIC Board Q&A

Post by the striped tiger » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Unethical and unhealthy for the CIC to become dependent on the two football board members for the collection of their membership income. Also gives a false impression of the membership of the CIC too.
Is it legal for the CIC to increase its shareholding in this way? Are all other shareholders being given the same opportunity by the club?

Post Reply