email from Cic

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Trike1
Team Supported: Darlington

email from Cic

Post by Trike1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:19 am

anyone else get an email heading important news from the directors of the cic that was a blank template?

didnt know the cic was based in newcastle either

super_les_mcjannet

Re: email from Cic

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:24 am

Yep, I have let them know that they have sent the blank email.

They will be working on en email and for some reason added the recipients in and accidentally pressed send.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:29 am

wonder whats going down, Paul Coleman has tweetd exciting times ahead, think he's on the CIC board!

News on new stadium perhaps?

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:35 am

They're not going to announce something like that in an email.

It'll more than likely be a welcome email, advising of futher comms to be sent this way, and an invite to the AGM.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 am

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:52 am

Full election for the CIC. Hopefully those that want to can put themselves forward and we can move forward as one big club a bit more than we have been.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:08 am

Great news, i think this will give the CIC the shot in the arm it needs - that's not to detract from the good work done by those on the current board, but as Ian Wilkinson alludes to in the statement i think the fact it's been an un-elected board so far has meant people have held back.

Still interested in how the people who invested directly in the club will get a say though.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:30 am

Do these resignations delay the AGM?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:41 am

Markodarlo wrote:Do these resignations delay the AGM?
The only AGM currently on plan is the DFC1883 AGM as Laura and Martin will still be board members of DFC 1883 then I can't see any reason this would be delayed.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:11 pm

On a related note, I don't recall how I renew my CIC membership. I know it is £20, but I haven't been sent a renewal form that I'm aware of, unless I've missed an email.

I've done a google search but everything seems to direct me to www.darlington1883.co.uk with no obvious instruction on there, or contact for the CIC (rather than the football club).

Much appreciated if someone can point me in the right direction.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 pm

I've had most success through tweeting them @dfccic

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Spyman wrote:On a related note, I don't recall how I renew my CIC membership. I know it is £20, but I haven't been sent a renewal form that I'm aware of, unless I've missed an email.

I've done a google search but everything seems to direct me to http://www.darlington1883.co.uk with no obvious instruction on there, or contact for the CIC (rather than the football club).

Much appreciated if someone can point me in the right direction.
I got the correct e-mail later, and in the body of that it stated that they would be contacting members who had not renewed for next season. Don't think iit stated how you would be contacted, but it appears to be in hand. :roll:

coles

Post by coles » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm

We have recently appointed a CIC Membership Secretary Stuart Ford (Darlo fan) and over the next couple of weeks we will be working with him to contact members via e-mail and post for those who are not on the mailing list, with details of how to renew. We will utilise the club shop and match days to open it to as many fans as possible.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:42 pm

coles wrote:We have recently appointed a CIC Membership Secretary Stuart Ford (Darlo fan) and over the next couple of weeks we will be working with him to contact members via e-mail and post for those who are not on the mailing list, with details of how to renew. We will utilise the club shop and match days to open it to as many fans as possible.
Paul, who do I email with a change of email address? I rarely check the account I've had registered previously.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm

divas wrote: that's not to detract from the good work done by those on the current board
I'd like to echo this statement. Many hours have been put in by the current CIC board and there have been some real achievements as stated on the email. Ian is probably right that the elections may encourage a renewed sense of engagement but it will be a hard act to follow.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:48 pm

Delighted that the board have acknowledged the need for elections in order for the CIC to move forward. Hopefully at least some of the current board will stand for election as continuity is needed.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Can guarantee that those who've shouted the loudest for elections to take place will now go quiet and not put themselves forward
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:50 pm

quakersam wrote:Can guarantee that those who've shouted the loudest for elections to take place will now go quiet and not put themselves forward
I guess it all depends on how the nomination process works.

TDS

Post by TDS » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:58 am

This is exactly it though. There's always plenty of people shouting from the background or on the Internet about how badly things are run. But we will see if the right people come forward.

My guess is it'll be a very easy election. Sometimes when people are given a voice they fuck it up.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:39 am

Got to agree. People love to moan but when it comes down to it they won't do anything.

I'm seriously worried when elections come around there won't be a decent selection of candidates to vote for and the people who were in fact the best for the roles were forced out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 am

It's the way of the world and certainly not just restricted to this club or even football, there are always people out there that think they can do better, it's human nature.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 am

divas wrote:It's the way of the world and certainly not just restricted to this club or even football, there are always people out there that think they can do better, it's human nature.
Agreed but it's the fact that hardly any of them will put their money where the mouths are and do anything about it.

This could be the detriment of the club in the long run. I sincerely hope not however.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2