Fixtures

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Fixtures

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Looks like the majority of the problem has been solved.

http://www.bishopafc.com/news/fixture-c ... -arranged/

tdk1

Re: Fixtures

Post by tdk1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Seems a bit harsh on Bishop, but ultimately it's the Northern League's fault.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:45 pm

tdk1 wrote:Seems a bit harsh on Bishop, but ultimately it's the Northern League's fault.
The Evostick could have took the NL fixtures already arranged into account but obviously decided not to. Bishop sadly have paid that price by now having Fri night fixtures.

I think the fact the NL announce the fixtures earlier than Step 4 seems to be the cause of the issue.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Yep, as usual the introverted, short sighted, backwards mutants at the northern league have failed to understand a footballing world exists outside of their closed shop farmyard division.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I know it's not going to make a huge difference but maybe as a gesture we could choose a few games where we bump there crowd up on a Friday night?

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:12 pm

It's not our fault, why should we?
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 pm

It's a nice gesture anyway if our fans pop along to the occasional Bishop game, and I'm sure a few will this season.

This fixture thing has been put to bed now by them rearranging their games as per FA rules. There is no onus on us to do anything further on that front.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 pm

fat tony wrote:It's a nice gesture anyway if our fans pop along to the occasional Bishop game, and I'm sure a few will this season.

This fixture thing has been put to bed now by them rearranging their games as per FA rules. There is no onus on us to do anything further on that front.
I think Bishop accept that the changes were nothing to do with us, the two leagues seem to have locked horns and Bishop/Darlo had no say in the decision.

grytters

Post by grytters » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 am

tdk1 wrote:Seems a bit harsh on Bishop, but ultimately it's the Northern League's fault.

How is this the Northern League's fault?

Their fixtures were published first - according to an advertised timetable.

The NPL would then know which weekends would be clash with HP being used by Bishop, in time for them to sort their fixture list accordingly.
Bring Back the Quarters

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:35 am

grytters wrote:

The NPL would then know which weekends would be clash with HP being used by Bishop, in time for them to sort their fixture list accordingly.
It's a problem because the NL has to give way to the NPL. By releasing their fixtures prior to the leagues above them, they have caused this issue.

They're probably not used to teams being promoted / ground sharing, so they've got away with doing this for a while now.

grytters

Post by grytters » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am

Hilly wrote:
grytters wrote:

It's a problem because the NL has to give way to the NPL. By releasing their fixtures prior to the leagues above them, they have caused this issue.

They're probably not used to teams being promoted / ground sharing, so they've got away with doing this for a while now.

Either way, it seems a bit daft the landlords having to make way for the tenants.
Bring Back the Quarters

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:53 am

grytters wrote:
Hilly wrote:
grytters wrote:

Either way, it seems a bit daft the landlords having to make way for the tenants.
It's not great, but in the grand scheme of things, the higher leagues should take priority.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:03 pm

quakersam wrote:It's not our fault, why should we?
I didn't say it was?

I'm not saying you should, it's just I'm that nice a guy that's the way I think ;-)

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Markodarlo wrote:
I didn't say it was?

I'm not saying you should, it's just I'm that nice a guy that's the way I think ;-)
I'm sure if Bishop decided to give Darlington Season Ticket holders £1 off their ticket then they would get a boost to their numbers - same goes for Darlington RA.

Would it be bad practise to let another team's fans in for cheaper than your own? some quarters would kick up a fuss but surely the majority would see it as a decent business decision?

If we offered Middlesbrough/Sunderland/Newcastle ST holders £1 off a match day ticket when their team was playing away what would consensus be?

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 pm

The consensus would be for you to fuck off with your pie in sky hypothetical bollocks that is never going to happen

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:57 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Markodarlo wrote:
I didn't say it was?

I'm sure if Bishop decided to give Darlington Season Ticket holders £1 off their ticket then they would get a boost to their numbers - same goes for Darlington RA.

Would it be bad practise to let another team's fans in for cheaper than your own?
Yes it would be bad practise. Why should fans who have supported the club for years have to pay more than fans who don't even support the club?

Surely the club should be looking after its own fans, rather than pandering to floating fans who aren't that fussed about the club?

I don't have a season ticket because of work commitments, but I've volunteered when I can, and supported the club for nearly 15 years.

So if I turned up to a game, and was charged more than someone who wasn't a Darlo fan, I'd be pissed off.

Plus, I really don't think it would make much difference. If you think loads of Newcastle/M'boro/Sunderland fans are going to want to travel through to Bishop, then pay £8 to see football that's much lower standard than they regularly see, you're crazy.

Someone else thought we'd take fans from Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland. His name was Reynolds. That plan failed spectacularly.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 am

http://www.bishopafc.com/news/fixture-c ... th-august/

Bishop Auckland saying our opening home game v Warrington will go ahead as planned.
Darlington will host Warrington in their league game on Saturday 17th August 2013
The Evo-Stik stating FA Standardised Rule 2.3.1 gives them precedence for Darlington to stage their game with Warrington though the Ebac Northern League has protested to the FA in relation to the league’s accepted FA Standardised Rule 8.14 which gives the precedence to the FA Cup game.
Upshot as it stands Bishop Auckland FC will almost certainly stage the FA Cup game with Tadcaster Albion the following day (Sunday 18th August)
John Stubbs, Secretary Bishop Auckland FC

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:53 am

I thought the cup took precedence over any league game

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:55 am

Cup should take precedence. Can't see us playing at home on that Saturday. And rightly so. Happy with the ruling supporting us for league matches, but cup games should take priority. End of story

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 am

dickdarlington wrote:Cup should take precedence. Can't see us playing at home on that Saturday. And rightly so. Happy with the ruling supporting us for league matches, but cup games should take priority. End of story
Agreed
442 Football Crazy Admin

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by kingswaykid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 am

From what I've heard this morning you will play at HP on Sat 17th August. The Evostik have made the decision and the FA have backed it. We are in talks now with the NL and FA to try to get our game played on the Friday night as the Sunday isn't possible.

As for my rant about the rent, looks like I was slightly misinformed. Apologies to all concerned.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:44 am

dickdarlington wrote:Cup should take precedence. Can't see us playing at home on that Saturday. And rightly so. Happy with the ruling supporting us for league matches, but cup games should take priority. End of story
What do you mean "Can't see us playing at home on that Saturday"? John Stubbs is Bishops Secretary and essentially what he is saying is that he has been contacted by the powers that be and been informed that he has to move his cup game. We will be at home on the 17 August. It would appear that in a ground share the rule that "the senior team's fixture takes precedence over the minor team" trumps the rule that "cup fixtures take precence over league fixtures".

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:51 am

kingswaykid wrote: As for my rant about the rent, looks like I was slightly misinformed. Apologies to all concerned.
'Slightly misinformed' being your way of saying you made the whole thing up. At least you apologised.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

kingswaykid
Team Supported: Bishop Auckland

Post by kingswaykid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:53 am

Darlogramps wrote:
kingswaykid wrote: As for my rant about the rent, looks like I was slightly misinformed. Apologies to all concerned.
'Slightly misinformed' being your way of saying you made the whole thing up. At least you apologised.
Nope not at all. Told something by someone who's pretty much 100% spot on with what he says. On this occasion he was wide of the mark.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
What do you mean "Can't see us playing at home on that Saturday"? John Stubbs is Bishops Secretary and essentially what he is saying is that he has been contacted by the powers that be and been informed that he has to move his cup game. We will be at home on the 17 August. It would appear that in a ground share the rule that "the senior team's fixture takes precedence over the minor team" trumps the rule that "cup fixtures take precence over league fixtures".
It does appear that John Stubbs has conceeded that our league games take priority. But this is the FA Cup. What happens if Bish go on a run and make the first round. Get drawn at home against say Carlisle, only for us to say, sorry, you can't play on Saturday, as we're at home to Northwich Victoria. There would be hell on. Also, what about FA Cup replays. They need to be arranged within a certain time. The Cup rule should take precedence as there is a need for it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

In that case I am sure that people can just be grown ups about it. Why is that never proposed as a solution.

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 pm

And rightly so? I'm sorry but I don't give a fuck if Bishop go on a run, because if they did their game would get moved to be on television probably, but staying away from the ifs and unlikelys, we need as many saturday games as possible at home this season because this is when we will hit our biggest attendances and for a club that nearly went under again last season due to lack of cash FLOW, mid afternoon on a saturday is my preference all season long!

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:14 pm

TDS wrote: and for a club that nearly went under again last season due to lack of cash FLOW
TOTALLY WRONG
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:51 pm

If Bishop get to the first round, and get one of the bigger League 1 teams would HP be fit to host a big game like it.

I know the FA don't like ground swappping in the Cup for financial gain, but can switch a game on Police Advice and I think it probably may happen with us next year
442 Football Crazy Admin

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Isnt the fa cup taking priority for your own fixtures.

Not for other teams that you may groundshare with?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2