Colin Galloway

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

magic1
Team Supported: Darlington

Colin Galloway

Post by magic1 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Colin Galloway has left the club to pursue further coaching opportunities, Harry Dunn is taking over his role as football secretary.

Hilly

Re: Colin Galloway

Post by Hilly » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Massive loss in my opinion. The amount of work that Colin put in last season shouldn't be underestimated.

We struggled to get games on at times, but the fact that we did is down to him and his army of volunteers.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Really sad to see Colin depart. He was a top top guy and will be missed.

I don't think you can underestimate just how much of a role he played last season. Not only in terms of getting games on during that dodgy spell but also all the other work he did for us as well - particularly during that really bad time when we had to go cap in hand to the FA etc. He was great for getting information from as well and always seemed to have an answer to my questions.

I honestly don't think we've had a better football secretary during all my times at the club if I honest.

Wish he all the best but I am gutted to see him go.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:21 pm

If Harry Dunn is taking over, will we be getting a new Chief Scout or will he be fulfilling both roles?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm

TFDM wrote:Really sad to see Colin depart. He was a top top guy and will be missed.

I don't think you can underestimate just how much of a role he played last season. Not only in terms of getting games on during that dodgy spell but also all the other work he did for us as well - particularly during that really bad time when we had to go cap in hand to the FA etc. He was great for getting information from as well and always seemed to have an answer to my questions.

I honestly don't think we've had a better football secretary during all my times at the club if I honest.

Wish he all the best but I am gutted to see him go.
I have dealt with Colin for a few years now and always found him to be a spot on bloke. Kept me in the loop when the club owed me money under RS and he made sure I got it too. One of the highlights of last seasons promotion was seeing Colin enjoying the celebrations, as TFDM says he did a hell of a lot of work for the club when times were bad.
I wish him all the very best for the future and hope to see him again at one or more of the matches next season.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Shame to see Colin leave, he was top man and excellent at his role.

He will be missed, good luck to Harry Dunn.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Never met the guy - but people I know have had dealings with him and have always praised his efforts and enthusiasm for the club.

Jeff Jones

Post by Jeff Jones » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Is Harry Dunn related to former Darlington goalkeeper, Billy Dunn?

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 am

Don't know if they are related but I doubt it as there are plenty of people in the area called Dunn . We are drifting away from the topic of this thread but I must say I am pleased to see that someone apart from myself remembers Billy Dunn , I have always rated him among the best keepers to play for us . He never seems to get a mention .

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 am

Colin top man, very professional and his qualities will be much missed.

Where has he gone to?