Promotion

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

swadquaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Promotion

Post by swadquaker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:57 pm

I dont want to get ahead of myself, but I am sure, barring a Darlo disaster, that we will be up there. Anybody know what the rules are for promotion? Is it just one, two, playoffs? Anybody know?

JPearson97

Re: Promotion

Post by JPearson97 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:20 pm

One automatic promotion place and then play-offs for clubs positioned 2nd-5th.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 pm

I was told that the play-off final was held at the home of the team finishing in second place - not sure how much truth there is in that though?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:I was told that the play-off final was held at the home of the team finishing in second place - not sure how much truth there is in that though?
One legged semi finals and the final is held at one of the clubs not sure if this is always the second place or the highest positioned team in the final out of the pay off contenders. So if you finish 4th and end up against team who finished 5th in theory you would be at home.

Strange setup but better than the NL, apply for promotion or not and only top team can go up unless the don't want to!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Correct. Playoff semi's are one leg, played at the highest placed side. The final is also played at the highest placed side out of the two. This is replicated in the EvoPrem and Conference North (except BSN has 2 legs for semi's)
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

jarramel

Post by jarramel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
MaddosMilkman wrote:I was told that the play-off final was held at the home of the team finishing in second place - not sure how much truth there is in that though?
One legged semi finals and the final is held at one of the clubs not sure if this is always the second place or the highest positioned team in the final out of the pay off contenders. So if you finish 4th and end up against team who finished 5th in theory you would be at home.

Strange setup but better than the NL, apply for promotion or not and only top team can go up unless the don't want to!

So it's not to do with where you finish, just whoever has the largest brown envelope?
:O

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:13 am

It's a better system than the one in the Football League if you ask me, at least if you just miss out on top spot and finish 2nd you gain some sort of advantage in the playoffs as you'll be at home the whole way presuming you win the semi rather than away the whole way if you just sneak into the last playoff spot in 5th. In the FL it doesnt matter whether you finish in the 4th playoff spot or the 1st as you'll play two legs and then a final at a neutral ground.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:23 am

Do the same ticketing rules apply? By that I mean do the 'home' side get their normal allocation of tickets or is it split equally?

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am

I wouldn't have thought tickets a this level would be a major problem-of course if darlo were to be in the play off then it may become an issue then !!

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:46 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:Do the same ticketing rules apply? By that I mean do the 'home' side get their normal allocation of tickets or is it split equally?
Never known it to be a problem, grounds at this level have to have quite high minimum capacity which 95% of clubs would never get near. Probably a question for an FC United fan since they've been in the playoffs the last few years and away games but I'd imagine any club at home would love the opportunity to have a second game against Darlo at home in one season.