Feethams

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Nutz
Team Supported: Darlington

Feethams

Post by Darlo Nutz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 am

I want to be back at Feethams as its where we should be! It's where I started out as a kid supporting my club! I would like to know from the board IF this was a viable option, would the club support it moving forward to build there for our future or would we be wasting our time championing this cause?

I know how people feel on this subject, so don't want people arguing or reliving previous posts and restarting previous arguments!

I want this to be a positive post, and if we have a chance of been back at Feethams I'd like to think all fans would be on board to get back to our REAL home!

Would people be interested in a 'Save Feethams' day at one of the games in the coming season and get as much press there as possible and spread the word! We need to be visibley wanting our HOME back and making efforts in doing so! Press the council into action one way or the other!

Steve.

Big Tim

Re: Feethams

Post by Big Tim » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 am

Of course every Darlo fan would love to go back to Feethams but it's not financially viable, end of discussion now let it go.

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:33 am

Do you know the facts and figures Tim? If you do I'd be interested in knowing them. If not then I'd like people who post on this subject to back up with what they say so I/we can truely understand if it's a option or not.

I'm not stirring anything up or looking for arguments as stated in my opening post. I just want hard clear evidence rather than just saying it's not cost effective.

Steve

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 am

It would cost approximately £2-2.5 million to stop the housing development (and it's rumoured to be starting very soon) and take control of the land. Added to that is the cost of building a Conference standard stadium there so, (guessing a little) about 5 or 6 million in all.

That's not something which "the club" could afford but that doesn't mean that the club and all the supporters wouldn't get right behind any scheme to rescue Feethams and build some sort of community facility there but, at this stage, it seems that would be best achieved by the Arthur Wharton Trust in cahoots with (perhaps) both Esh and Terrace Hill, and then Feethams returning to a "protected" status under the guardianship of a new footballing trust which could include the AW Trust and our own Supporters Trust.

I think the best we can hope for on the Feethams front is an unexpected surprise following some behind the scenes negotiations between Shaun C and whoever he needs to talk to in order for it to make it all happen. Then we can all "do our bit" and march down to our field of dreams with strimmers, bush saws, shovels, hammers, saws and paint brushes and a few bags of grass seed and get a game of football played there - any game of football. Just seeing a rough football pitch marked out there again would be enough to get everyone's eyes watering.

But only then.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 am

Latest reports were that the housing co have started building.

We already can't afford a stadium and need to be gifted some land (I imagine) we can't afford to buy out some land. Ask the council, what can they offer in return for a town centre plot? A bigger but less valuable out of town site!?

Even then I can't see them going for it!

If we do get to Feethams, then what? It is tiny we need to be a community club, there is very little room for other sports on that site. Eastbourne/Blackwell are the two front runners (I'd imagine) for this reason. The council will support if we offer something more that just the football club.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 am

lo36789 wrote:Latest reports were that the housing co have started building.
I believe these reports are incorrect, I went by Feethams late last week and there was no work taking place.

Darlo_Nutz although your are intentions are right, you are putting too much focus on the point of view of the fans and not the town as a whole.

This isn't just about getting DFC back there.

Some people have very, very short memories they forget where their dad, granddad, maybe even great granddad supported their team. Many of them I would assume are no longer with us.

Feethams was left for the people of the town, not a property developer it has been part of the town's heritage for well over a century and should be retained as a community/sporting asset for the town.

Many Darlo fans have given up on Feethams for obvious reasons and from that point of view why should they bother getting behind the campaign?

Also lets not forget two certain previous owners were property developers and look where they left us....
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:55 am

Building is starting in the coming weeks. I can't wait to move back to Feethams, I'm hoping to buy a property on the Feethams site.

Its the only way any Darlo fan will be back at Feethams!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:43 pm

How did the housing company get the covenant lifted to be allowed, could brown envelopes be a reason...

Where I can I get some Great Crested Newts to put at Feethams to delay development...

Feethams is our spiritual home, it always will be as well, and will always bring out sentimental feelings among us all, but I think we are now past the point of no return for Feethams umfortunately
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:09 pm

love it! wrote:Building is starting in the coming weeks. I can't wait to move back to Feethams, I'm hoping to buy a property on the Feethams site.

Its the only way any Darlo fan will be back at Feethams!

Yeah right course you are :lol:

Is the rumour true that row boats and armbands come included in the property price? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by davidcorks 40yard OG on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Big Tim wrote:Of course every Darlo fan would love to go back to Feethams but it's not financially viable, end of discussion now let it go.

Sad to say but yep your right :thumbdown:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:
Big Tim wrote:Of course every Darlo fan would love to go back to Feethams but it's not financially viable, end of discussion now let it go.

Sad to say but yep your right :thumbdown:
Yep, pretty much right, us going back to Feethams was never going to happen, I personally never went to Feethams as I only started watching supporting us in 2006 and supported us more 18 months ago. I understand people wanting to go back there, being our spiritual home and the memories of the place. For me Feethams is nothing more than my imagine, and only know what stories I have heard from people, for that reason I would love a return back there, but it, but it seems like snowballs in hell come to mind with the idea i.e never happening.

Just a shame the council could not have added a clause in the planning permission that said the developers had to supply a new ground for the Town in order to build there housing

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

darlobhoy

Post by darlobhoy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:31 pm

A new ground was built to replace the loss of the football ground at Feethams - it's called the Arena, and it's still there, although we are not

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Going to drop the council a email to see if things are all done and dusted regards to Feethams, as its all well and good having the odd bit of info but to have hard evidence rather than say so we can either put it to bed or have a goal. The mind set of most fans is that it's gone, so no point in trying! If it was all said and done I wonder why Shaun keeps trying? That's what gets me!

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Darlo Nutz wrote:Going to drop the council a email to see if things are all done and dusted regards to Feethams, as its all well and good having the odd bit of info but to have hard evidence rather than say so we can either put it to bed or have a goal. The mind set of most fans is that it's gone, so no point in trying! If it was all said and done I wonder why Shaun keeps trying? That's what gets me!
I'd encourage you to drop Shaun Campbell a line - better to have people united with one common goal than splinter groups.

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:39 pm

its a shame all these rich famous people/footballers he's meeting with "save feethams" dont drop a few quid in to get us the money to save feethams.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm

divas wrote:
Darlo Nutz wrote:Going to drop the council a email to see if things are all done and dusted regards to Feethams, as its all well and good having the odd bit of info but to have hard evidence rather than say so we can either put it to bed or have a goal. The mind set of most fans is that it's gone, so no point in trying! If it was all said and done I wonder why Shaun keeps trying? That's what gets me!
I'd encourage you to drop Shaun Campbell a line - better to have people united with one common goal than splinter groups.
I disagree, I think lots of individual cases for the council to deal with will be more alarming that 1 case.
I honestly think that if the council received enough objection from individuals then things may be different, at the minute the council are thinking that the public don't have a problem with what's happening.

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm

divas wrote:
I have done hence this post ;-) Just to see if people really wanted to give it there backing of support or just give up at the 1st hurdle.

As for MKDarlo, totally agree, if the council see that a lot of fans oppose to what's happening or could happen in the near future they will have to do things by the book and cross the Ts and dot the i's. We hear story's all the time about how naughty things go on behind closed doors so if no one asks questions these sort of things go on without issue!!!

No one ever heard of the Durham cobblers story and read his book!!! That's why this sporting covenant on Feethams needs to be exercised fully within the law!!!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:55 pm

After reading the echo the best way to save feethams is to get one of the nomadic people to park a car on there. The council don't touch them for illegally parking and who wants 30 transit vans rocking up on their doorstep full of roof tarmacers.

This post is done tongue in cheek ;)
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:32 am

Do you reckon when theres 100 homes on the site, we'll finally end the bi-annual feethams threads on here ?
Think before posting

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:43 am

BUSHEAD wrote:Do you reckon when theres 100 homes on the site, we'll finally end the bi-annual feethams threads on here ?
We'll that's the thing, if and when homes are been built of course this subject won't arise ever again but until that happens or we get straight answers than say so info this won't be put to bed!

I'm thinking there's more to the slow start of building work than just no ones building due to the economic climate!!!! As there's plenty of housing going on everywhere else!!!

Mrs_Money_Penny

Post by Mrs_Money_Penny » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:15 am

Contact Shaun or Doug as there must be good reason why they seem to be concentrating on the twin towers.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 am

Mrs_Money_Penny wrote:Contact Shaun or Doug as there must be good reason why they seem to be concentrating on the twin towers.
I still think we (Darlo FC) should look at acquiring the towers and incorporate them into our new ground whenever/wherever it may be......or maybe that is the plan?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
Mrs_Money_Penny wrote:Contact Shaun or Doug as there must be good reason why they seem to be concentrating on the twin towers.
I still think we (Darlo FC) should look at acquiring the towers and incorporate them into our new ground whenever/wherever it may be......or maybe that is the plan?
What happened with the towers, were they put into storage?

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:06 pm

The cricket club own and are keeping the towers for a new entrance.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

I'd love the chance to see the club return to Feethams one day, but realistically it's just not going to happen. Unless one of us happen to bag the Euro-millions in the next few weeks...

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:I'd love the chance to see the club return to Feethams one day, but realistically it's just not going to happen. Unless one of us happen to bag the Euro-millions in the next few weeks...
£122m tonight...if it rolls over again, will stick on a few lines on Friday lol

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 pm

I've got a few lines on tonight - if I end up being the only winner I hereby promise that the 'spare' £22m will be made available to help us get back to Feethams....

Actually, with all that money I could build us a nice big stadium somewhere with gold toilet handles and toilet roll holders, leather seats and a nice big screen. I'd also try and get us someone like The Saturdays or A1 to come and open the Stadium with a concert on the pitch. Forget the team though, the superb stadium will attract thousends of punters every week.

jarramel

Post by jarramel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:I've got a few lines on tonight - if I end up being the only winner I hereby promise that the 'spare' £22m will be made available to help us get back to Feethams....

Actually, with all that money I could build us a nice big stadium somewhere with gold toilet handles and toilet roll holders, leather seats and a nice big screen. I'd also try and get us someone like The Saturdays or A1 to come and open the Stadium with a concert on the pitch. Forget the team though, the superb stadium will attract thousends of punters every week.
ESCALATORS!!!
How can you forget the esalators?????????
:lol:

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 pm

One of us should know somebody with a law qualification who could start digging around the onership and covenant matters in their spare time. That would be exactly what the Esh group, cricket club and council probably wouldn't want because they've probably all taken a risk. Other than a gypsy camp on the site I don't see what else could stop development. But as I've expressed before on this site, while ever nothings built on the site, a return to Feethams has to be a go-er.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:I've got a few lines on tonight - if I end up being the only winner I hereby promise that the 'spare' £22m will be made available to help us get back to Feethams....

If you add promises that you probably will never deliver, an over ambitious multi year plan, you may be onto something mate...

I didn't put any money on tonight, but will start putting lines on as many lotteries as I have to, so if I lots of money I can wrestle Feethams from Esh :smile:

Marxista Fozz
442 Football Crazy Admin