Darlington Youth FC holding trials next month

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Kayles
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington Youth FC holding trials next month

Post by Kayles » Thu May 23, 2013 5:44 pm

bigbitchtits
Team Supported: Sunderland

Re: Darlington Youth FC holding trials next month

Post by bigbitchtits » Thu May 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Reminds me of that quality thread on here a few years ago. Some lad bleating on here about having a trial for Fulham making out he was gonna be a pro-footballer etc. Turned out he was sat warming the bench at the RA every week and was shite :lol:

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm

bigbitchtits wrote:Reminds me of that quality thread on here a few years ago. Some lad bleating on here about having a trial for Fulham making out he was gonna be a pro-footballer etc. Turned out he was sat warming the bench at the RA every week and was shite :lol:
You mean the infamous ajb_dfc thread?

Said he was invited to trials at Luton (which it turned out were 'pay' trials in which anyone who stumps up the fee can attend) and gave some bullshit reason for them not offering him a contract despite them pretty much calling him the next Messi (I remember him describing himself as having 'amazing pace' amongst other things :lol:)

Turned out he'd played one game for the RA second string, and another for Rolling Mills with both managers saying that he was absolute shyte and wouldn't play again. Threatened to get the Boyle's on to us all in the end. Comedy gold.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Where is this thread? And more importantly why is it not in the uncovered good section?

WeAreDFC

Post by WeAreDFC » Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 pm

I remember that thread :) :crazy: Sadly I think it was on the 'old' forum so has disappeared to the big messageboard in the sky.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Thu May 23, 2013 8:53 pm

lo36789 wrote:Where is this thread? And more importantly why is it not in the uncovered good section?
As I recall that was from the rivals years.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Thu May 23, 2013 11:14 pm

lo36789 wrote:Where is this thread? And more importantly why is it not in the uncovered good section?
You missed out on a funny thread.

It had amazing pace.