Gary Brown in the Echo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Gary Brown in the Echo

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:36 am

Great interview from Stoddart with Gary Brown.

How humble he is shines through and yes to us Darlo fans you are a Celebrity Gary!

Couple of snippets
Gary Brown wrote:I don't know if I underestimated myself, but I didn't think I'd get in the team, let alone be captain.

The fans have been absolutely tremendous, said Brown. The supporters treat you like a celebrity and I don't know how to react sometimes. I just get on with it.
http://tinyurl.com/bouq7a3

Feethams 1966
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gary Brown in the Echo

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:15 pm

You're right, it's a good article and Gary modestly under-sells himself. I think that he is our best player because he's clearly a thinker, he avoids the common tendency to kick the ball anywhere when under pressure - he knows where others are - and he has the skill and fitness to go with it. I have no doubt that he could play in higher leagues than ours, thank goodness he's enjoying his football with us. I've watched him move instinctively in to all the right positions when we've been under threat and to be honest I don't get so alarmed when the other team are coming towards us and Gary's there; you just know he'll deal with it; what more can you ask?
His position in defence means that he can't score as many goals but I've felt just as excited for him as he does whenever he's tucked one away for us. A deserved captain and a model to any aspiring young player.