Top bloke Gary Forrest....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Top bloke Gary Forrest....

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:18 pm

I was well impressed with the Shildon manager's programme notes. Finally a respected figure in the Northern League prepared to stand up and give us the full cedit we deserve. He says the achievement in getting together a squad of players from scratch when most of the best players were already signed up on contracts and then end up where we are now is "astonishing". He speaks of the "ignorance of so many people within the Northern League" now saying it was only to be expected because of a "huge" budget".

He says there is only a "small pool of top quality players" in the league and most sides had them already tied up... like Spenny with "23 of this small pool". He says what we have done in building a team to challenge within weeks is "remarkable", we will be promoted and "personally I do not believe for one minute that Spennymoor will take promotion even if they win the title."

He hopes this will be the one and only time Darlo compete in the Northern League... "and I don't mean that in a derogatory manner."

Thanks Gary, you're a credit to your club and the league... and are you listening Colin "wankers" Myers?

loan_star

Re: Top bloke Gary Forrest....

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:22 pm

:clap:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:28 pm

They are some very nice words. Ignoring the idiotic youths, the Shildon fans I met were very nice people, and I wish them luck for the future.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Fair enough, those are good comments.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

swadquaker

Post by swadquaker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

And to think we were nearly ground sharing with them.

Mikedfc

Post by Mikedfc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:51 pm

al_quaker wrote:They are some very nice words. Ignoring the idiotic youths, the Shildon fans I met were very nice people, and I wish them luck for the future.
Lol. How old we're the kids giving it licks outside the pub round the corner from the ground after the game!

Mikedfc

Post by Mikedfc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:52 pm

al_quaker wrote:They are some very nice words. Ignoring the idiotic youths, the Shildon fans I met were very nice people, and I wish them luck for the future.
Lol. How old we're the kids giving it licks outside the pub round the corner from the ground after the game!

quakerkid

Post by quakerkid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Too much Green Street me thinks

Mikedfc

Post by Mikedfc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Lucky if they were 12 year old! I was only waiting for the bus and seen a load of Scholl kids marched past by the police.

joshdarlington

Post by joshdarlington » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Mikedfc wrote:
At least 12 and three quarters!!!!!

joshdarlington

Post by joshdarlington » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:26 pm

quakerkid wrote:Too much Green Street me thinks
WOW. their kids were hilarious, singing "GSE GSE GSE" towards us, definately far too much footie factory or whatever the s*** film is.... Had myself a few shandies and was feeling a little confident after full time, so thought i'd be an 'ard bloke and walk straight through the middle of the "shildon youth" all proud in my darlo top, luckily, no slaps were dished in my direction.

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:33 am

joshdarlington wrote:
quakerkid wrote:Too much Green Street me thinks
WOW. their kids were hilarious, singing "GSE GSE GSE" towards us, definately far too much footie factory or whatever the s*** film is.... Had myself a few shandies and was feeling a little confident after full time, so thought i'd be an 'ard bloke and walk straight through the middle of the "shildon youth" all proud in my darlo top, luckily, no slaps were dished in my direction.
About 9 or 10 kids walked past me at the bus stop near morrisons, the words 'you fat' just got out his mouth at the moment some rozzers walked past

What a place though, Shildon is populated by lots and lots of mongs, knuckledraggers and window lickers, Pikeys and a Tramps
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs