the car parking on wednesday night

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerray
Team Supported: Darlington

the car parking on wednesday night

Post by quakerray » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:17 pm

just been in the march hare and saw that a fair grounds setting up on the match day car park there, starting wednesday till saturday.

looks like parking in tesco i think
Last edited by quakerray on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lo36789

Re: the car parking on wednesday night

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm

quakerray wrote:looks like tesco i think
Sounds like a rubbish fairground!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:23 pm

If Tesco are involved, maybe it's a Horsefair. :roll:

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm

haha, you know what i meant

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:24 pm

quakerray wrote:just been in the march hare and saw that a fair grounds setting up on the match day car park there, starting wednesday till saturday.

Alternatively, you could go by bus, £4 return. Departs Dolphin Centre at 6.40pm followed by a pick-up at Cockerton Library. Seats need to be reserved in advance, at least 24 hours in advance to ensure we have the right sized vehicle to meet demand.

To reserve your seat text 07808 900031, or call the club shop on 07717 345004 during shop hours or pop in. Make sure you leave a contact number and pick-up point.

You don't need to pay in advance, but we'll hunt you down if you don't show!!!!!

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
quakerray wrote:just been in the march hare and saw that a fair grounds setting up on the match day car park there, starting wednesday till saturday.

Alternatively, you could go by bus, £4 return. Departs Dolphin Centre at 6.40pm followed by a pick-up at Cockerton Library. Seats need to be reserved in advance, at least 24 hours in advance to ensure we have the right sized vehicle to meet demand.

To reserve your seat text 07808 900031, or call the club shop on 07717 345004 during shop hours or pop in. Make sure you leave a contact number and pick-up point.

You don't need to pay in advance, but we'll hunt you down if you don't show!!!!!
be a bit silly for me really doing that, living in bishop like i do :)

i was just making people aware, incase they turn up thinking they can park there on wednesday

darloborn

Post by darloborn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:53 pm

The bus from Darlington is no good for me either.

A bit annoyed at this as I bought a season ticket for the car park so that I didn't have to park in supermarket car parks, McDonalds etc.

There doesn't seem to be anything on the official website either. Do DFC actually know that the official car park won't be available?

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 pm

at the moment there was only 2 or 3 rides getting set up,im guessing more will come tomorrow.i work nearby herritage park so will see tomorrow

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:22 am

Claud the steward was informing people last Wednesday when you drove into the main carpark that beacause of the fair we would have to park in the overflow carpark for the Shildon game .

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 am

Or park your sledge somewhere, is there any chance the game will be on with the snow in the region at the moment?
COME ON DARLO!

micra3

Post by micra3 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 pm

quakerste wrote:Claud the steward was informing people last Wednesday when you drove into the main carpark that beacause of the fair we would have to park in the overflow carpark for the Shildon game .
The info that Claud gave out last Wednesday was wrong(not his fault).The main carpark is ok the fair is going in the overflow(c) carpark.
M I C R A 3

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Its ok, I'm sure our Operations Director Laura has got this covered...

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm sure it won't matter that much as the game will most likely be called off anyway lol
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:I'm sure it won't matter that much as the game will most likely be called off anyway lol
What happened to version 1?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm

quakerray wrote:at the moment there was only 2 or 3 rides getting set up,im guessing more will come tomorrow.i work nearby herritage park so will see tomorrow
Just been to The March Hare myself and plenty more rides have turned up. The whole car park will be out of action.

Dont think those who have bought parking passes will be pleased about that. Guessing that this has been arranged for a while so has anyone with a parking pass been told where they will accomodated?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Hilly wrote:
quakerray wrote:at the moment there was only 2 or 3 rides getting set up,im guessing more will come tomorrow.i work nearby herritage park so will see tomorrow
Just been to The March Hare myself and plenty more rides have turned up. The whole car park will be out of action.

Dont think those who have bought parking passes will be pleased about that. Guessing that this has been arranged for a while so has anyone with a parking pass been told where they will accomodated?

I've got a pass for the overflow car park - didn't know anything about the fair until saw this thread.

Must be a hardy lot in Bishop to think about fairground rides in this weather.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Alfie wrote:
Hilly wrote:

I've got a pass for the overflow car park - didn't know anything about the fair until saw this thread.

Must be a hardy lot in Bishop to think about fairground rides in this weather.
Like I say I think it's been booked for a while, I don't think they've just decided overnight!

DTID

Post by DTID » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm

If people don't know where to park, it is just as quick parking on the industrial estate, around the corner from HP. It is about the same distance to walk from there to the ground plus you don't have to wait for ages to get out of there after the games has finished.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:00 pm

DTID wrote:If people don't know where to park, it is just as quick parking on the industrial estate, around the corner from HP. It is about the same distance to walk from there to the ground plus you don't have to wait for ages to get out of there after the games has finished.

I think it's more the fact that people have paid for dedicated parking and they won't be getting that to be honest.

Darlofart

Post by Darlofart » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Hilly wrote:
DTID wrote:If people don't know where to park, it is just as quick parking on the industrial estate, around the corner from HP. It is about the same distance to walk from there to the ground plus you don't have to wait for ages to get out of there after the games has finished.

I think it's more the fact that people have paid for dedicated parking and they won't be getting that to be honest.

:crazy: FFS get in the real world! The volunteers at the club did a great job sorting the additional parking arrangements, especially given the timescale constraints when we backed out of sharing with Shildon.
I paid for a parking spot but I'm more than capable of driving to Tescos or the nearby industrial estate.
Chill out the world will keep spinning.
PHHHHRRAPP

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Darlofart wrote:
Hilly wrote:

:crazy: FFS get in the real world! The volunteers at the club did a great job sorting the additional parking arrangements, especially given the timescale constraints when we backed out of sharing with Shildon.
I paid for a parking spot but I'm more than capable of driving to Tescos or the nearby industrial estate.
Chill out the world will keep spinning.
PHHHHRRAPP
Calm down petal.

I know exactly how hard they worked. I was involved (still am slightly) with certain initiatives. Unfortunately these things still need thinking about. We can't keep relying on the good nature of people when things like this happen - at some point we need to start nipping things like this in the bud.

Of course the club could have all this in hand.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Just been confirmed on Twitter that no alternative arrangements are officially in place for Car Park C tonight - so I guess it's just park where you can. I believe Tescos don't care, but Sainsburys could be a problem?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:26 pm

mikkyx wrote:Just been confirmed on Twitter that no alternative arrangements are officially in place for Car Park C tonight - so I guess it's just park where you can. I believe Tescos don't care, but Sainsburys could be a problem?
Dissapointing.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Hilly wrote:
mikkyx wrote:Just been confirmed on Twitter that no alternative arrangements are officially in place for Car Park C tonight - so I guess it's just park where you can. I believe Tescos don't care, but Sainsburys could be a problem?
Dissapointing.

To be expected really :roll:
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker