Game off today 9th March 2013

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Till I Die
Team Supported: Darlington

Game off today 9th March 2013

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 am

As above
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

MikeinBlack

Re: Game off today

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:23 am

Is Bish's ground actually on a flood plain FFS? Another kick in the nuts for our financial situation, game to be re-arranged for a Wednesday night no doubt. Getting pissed off with this now, the sooner we get back to the Arena the better....hope the new board are looking at this!
COME ON DARLO!

darlodan

Post by darlodan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 am

this weather is getting on my nerves ...... we need some serious hot weather to dry the water levels up . or we could grow rice to make extra cash...

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 am

Horse s***, but there has been a lot of water and a lot more on its way, no need to flap

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:40 am

Just looked into pitch covers on line. Websites I have been on suggest that you can get full pitch cover for under 30k - does lost revenue from Saturday games being called off outweigh this cost!?

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am

800 paying fans @ £8 = £6400 plus merchandise and other streams, you could say £7.5k max per match, what our expenses are per match I have no clue but say profit £4.5 -5K match so 6 matches to recoup costs.............

BTW those figures could be well out but really don't think its worth it unless we go halves with Bishop and agree to leave the covers when we leave.

darlodan

Post by darlodan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:49 am

can't see pitch covers being any good as the water level is so high round that area the pitch will still be no good.....the road outside the ground always floods as its built on old marsh land ....

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 am

Spenny are going to benefit from an extension to the season... and its very likely to happen now. At some point it becomes impossible to play 5 games a week.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 am

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am

I DON'T FUCKING BELIEVE THIS, I REALLY DON'T!! :evil:

How many more times? How many more? I'll be getting all superstitious before long and will start to believe that someone upstairs is taking the fucking piss and trying to destroy us.

The board must be absolutely tearing their hair out, I know I am.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am

Sorry but we've had 7mm of rain today, not 27mm.

Joke shop of a pitch.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am

darlodan wrote:this weather is getting on my nerves ...... we need some serious hot weather to dry the water levels up . or we could grow rice to make extra cash...
We've hardly had any rain since January, and January itself was not wet. Bishop's pitch is bullshit.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am

Well if they will build a pitch on a marsh a few inches above the water table then it don't take much water to flood when the ground is already saturated.

Does make you wonder what drainage was put under the ground when built

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am

Its built on old marsh land, what do people expect?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:13 am

MikeinBlack wrote:Is Bish's ground actually on a flood plain FFS?
Yes it actually is - but I suppose when you've waited 10 years for a ground you'll take it wherever you can get it.
Another kick in the nuts for our financial situation, game to be re-arranged for a Wednesday night no doubt. Getting pissed off with this now, the sooner we get back to the Arena the better....hope the new board are looking at this!
The board have utterly no interest in the Arena.

They would rather play out of town and lose hundreds of fans, play on a joke pitch which means we never get a Saturday match on losing more vital income, and have to borrow 50 grand to cover the shortfall.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

Hilly wrote:Its built on old marsh land, what do people expect?

Oh well that makes it all alright then Hilly.

We are too big and important a club to be losing match after match after match because we're renting a fucking swamp.

I bet the Arena isn't waterlogged.

Arena, NOW. Back in town, NOW! :evil:

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:20 am

Without flapping not being able to play a saturday home match for comming up five months is a joke and would be a desaster if HP was our ground, but of course it's not our ground so as nice as the new stand is let's seriously look at finding a new home for next season either temporary out of town maybe billingham or the RA with the addition of our bankrupting temp stand.
Last edited by ted_do on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:21 am

Quakerz wrote:
Hilly wrote:Its built on old marsh land, what do people expect?

Oh well that makes it all alright then Hilly.

We are too big and important a club to be losing match after match after match because we're renting a fucking swamp.

I bet the Arena isn't waterlogged.

Arena, NOW. Back in town, NOW! :evil:
Im not saying I agree with it, im just saying what do people expect? This is the situation we're in for this season and most likely next season, yes it's far from ideal but lets get on with it.

You know my feeling about the arena but if it can be proven that we'll make more money and not lose fans in the long term then go for it. I'd be suprised if it was on the table though especially with Boro sniffing around.

Mikedfc

Post by Mikedfc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:22 am

I hate the Arena with a passion but I've now been turned. It's the only sensible option especially for those that like watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

PLEASE NOTE It would only have to be tempoary and have a plan in place for a place of our own

Judge roughneck

Post by Judge roughneck » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:24 am

mensamoo wrote:Spenny are going to benefit from an extension to the season... and its very likely to happen now. At some point it becomes impossible to play 5 games a week.
Spenny will need one hell of an extension to the season before they start to benefit so no need to panic

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 am

Mikedfc wrote:I hate the Arena with a passion but I've now been turned. It's the only sensible option especially for those that like watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

PLEASE NOTE It would only have to be tempoary and have a plan in place for a place of our own
I'm starting to hate heritage park with a passion, I can't make night games so have not seen a home game in months, this also means that more people are attending the away games which has affected our attendance and revenues.

Bishop is not our ground or even our town, so lets bail and leave the disaster of a pitch to BAFC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 am

ted_do wrote:
Mikedfc wrote:I hate the Arena with a passion but I've now been turned. It's the only sensible option especially for those that like watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm starting to hate heritage park with a passion, I can't make night games so have not seen a home game in months, this also means that more people are attending the away games which has affected our attendance and revenues.

Bishop is not our ground or even our town, so lets bail and leave the disaster of a pitch to BAFC
Agree completely. Sick of the place.

And this so called fantastic atmosphere that makes up for it - fuck off it's s***.

Three figure crowds says it all.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 am

In this thread alone I see the reasons why I've stopped frequenting this board, some of these comments are cringeworthy and embarassing.

Our match gets called off because of a force of nature and some people actually want the club to take the cancer (white elephant) back on at Northern League level?

Jesus christ.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:40 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Spennymoor's game at Consett is also off today (snow on the pitch).
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:44 am

quaker4life wrote:In this thread alone I see the reasons why I've stopped frequenting this board, some of these comments are cringeworthy and embarassing.

Our match gets called off because of a force of nature and some people actually want the club to take the cancer (white elephant) back on at Northern League level?

Jesus christ.
Listen, bell end - November 3rd - March 30th = FIVE MONTHS without a Saturday home match, and occasional piss pot three figure midweek gates.

You just sit there going "la la la everything is fine" while we go bust/get into further debt, why don't you?

Let those that can see the damage that renting a fucking water polo stadium in another town is doing, talk about it.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am

quaker4life wrote:In this thread alone I see the reasons why I've stopped frequenting this board, some of these comments are cringeworthy and embarassing.

Jesus christ.
I was about to post something similar. It sums up my thoughts perfectly.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Mikedfc

Post by Mikedfc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

Quakerz wrote:
ted_do wrote:

Agree completely. Sick of the place.

And this so called fantastic atmosphere that makes up for it - fuck off it's s***.

Three figure crowds says it all.
Don't get me wrong I think it's a cracking ground at this level (bar it being built on marsh land) and I do like the place but reality has hit home for me. We need to be back in Darlo. If somone like me can be turned back to the Arena then anyone can.

Time to be realistic, put feelings regarding the Arean aside and look at going back to there (only temporary though). There is no other option in the short term to get us back in town.

Atmosphere at HP is nothing special. Wednesday night was like a morgue

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

Jesus christ.
And not even playing a game on a Saturday ALL winter is somehow not a problem, and we should all be happy about this and not comment on a knock about message board? , come on get real HP and its peat bog of a pitch will kill off the clubs finances as much as the Arena did.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am

Lawman3 wrote:

Jesus christ.
I was about to post something similar. It sums up my thoughts perfectly.
Five months man! You think that's normal do you?

The facts are that as well as the usual frost and snow that you get to contend with, it only needs to drizzle and HP floods. This is no good. Reality is hitting home now. FIVE months!
Last edited by Quakerz on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:52 am

Am I right in thinking Bishop didnt have a home postponement at HP until we arrived there?
I agree with the sentiments above anyway, the sooner we are back in town, even for a short term spell at the arena, the better.