£1000 A WEEK!!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Twintowers
Team Supported: Darlington

£1000 A WEEK!!!

Post by Twintowers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Just been reading Tim Wellocks report on Mowdens game and according to him the running costs at the arena are £1000 a week.If this is to be believed then its a bloody lot less than the,what was it,£280,000 a year we were told it cost.

At these kind of numbers a groundshare is surely within our means if,AND I SAY IF,we were to consider a move back.

Quakerz

Re: £1000 A WEEK!!!

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't believe it.

Even a little pissant stadium would cost that and more once you think about rates, water, leccy, couple of staff etc etc.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Maybe they are better housekeepers than the last lot,volounteers instead of paid staff.Still,it does seem a hell of a differential.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Rates were 40k which is close enough to 1k a week, so unless the council have massively reduced these I can't see how it's true.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Remember the £280k p.a figure that was floated about included all the ten year maintenance that was going to have to be done this year.

I'd also say that if the running costs were indeed only £50k a year that would make it much less likely we'd be ground sharing, not more. Why would DMP want the hassle? They could cover 50k a year just about with their interest payments alone.

We'll see anyway, bit of luck someone will start a thread on it.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:21 pm

£1000 may be realistic if the majority of the stadium has been mothballed and a deal on the rates has been done with the council. Also they wont have a load of useless staff doing nothing for their money like we did during the last few years of the arena. As the person above says it will be mainly made up of volunteers. Also with less crowds they will not need anywhere near as many stewards as we did.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm

m62exile wrote:Remember the £280k p.a figure that was floated about included all the ten year maintenance that was going to have to be done this year.
No it didn't, the 10 year maintenance was a separate one off cost!

If I remember correctly, the gas and electric came to 5 grand a month, or more than a grand a week.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Gas and leccy 5k a month? Wow
Mowden must have been on uswitch and got a better tariff.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 pm

The thing is DFC were a company with full time staff, ie the stadium was in constant use daily. DMPRFC are not and the stadium is only really in use for training and match days at the moment. The tenants obviously cover more than their own costs as well.

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Quakerz wrote:
m62exile wrote:Remember the £280k p.a figure that was floated about included all the ten year maintenance that was going to have to be done this year.

If I remember correctly, the gas and electric came to 5 grand a month, or more than a grand a week.
You don't get to run floodlights for all that long without racking up a hell of an electricity bill! The floodlights at the Arena will have used at least 100kW - not cheap.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Ouch. Have just gone and checked and the figures being bandied about we're that utilities alone totalled over 150k in our final year there. Outrageous really.

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 pm

The_Ponderer wrote:I think any percentage cut of S & S is above the £270k running costs so I won't include that in any figures.

So far we have:
Electric & water costs of £96k pa (does anyone know if the stadium has a gas supply? For the kitchens maybe?)
Rent (initial) is £10k pa.
Business rated of £40k pa.
Gives us £146k pa - so we need to work out where the extra £124k is spent.

Building insurance may be £10k alone and liability cover the same so lets add another £20k.
Please give figures if you know about about this type of thing.

We are now at £166k pa.

The £104k this leaves over would easily be taken up by staffing and day to day maintenance costs - remember as employers the club is paying staff insurance, NI, a pension scheme possibly and even benefits on top of that - so add a few thousand onto any actual wages.
Non-playing and coaching staff are: club secretary, groundsman, kit man, office admin, catering - please add any more!

The costs of maintaining the pitch - other than water and groundsman's wages.
This would include costs of running machinery - lawn mowers, rollers, tractor?, paint.

I know that money was paid to clear snow from the pitch in early 2011 at cost price - perhaps the 3rd of the 3 Stooges who was "running" the club at the time could have asked fans to do this for free, but hey, what did he ever know about fans?
Also, that same winter there were lots of burst pipes due to the severe cold, so there's a cost there - come on you plumbers, any ideas? This incident may have also affected our insurance.

The floodlights, in fact lets include the squillions of lights inside the stadium, car park, fences.

Away from the stadium itself there is the cost of renting the training ground. Any figures?

Any more costs you think of, add to the list.

Come on folks, let's get these costs nailed as best we can.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

m62exile wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Ouch. Have just gone and checked and the figures being bandied about we're that utilities alone totalled over 150k in our final year there. Outrageous really.
Not sure if I believe any past figures as they were just spouted depending on what the agenda was. So you have to imagine Mowdens are nearer the truth as they dont have any agenda as far as I can see.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Not sure if I believe any past figures as they were just spouted depending on what the agenda was. So you have to imagine Mowdens are nearer the truth as they dont have any agenda as far as I can see.

From what I can gather, the past figures were from the tax year ending April 2011 accounts.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Been past the stadium a few times since MRC moved in it has been lit up like a christmas tree - the new signs and floodlights playing on the stadium from all directions. So much light the sky has been lit up for miles.
Guess they have had the first leccy bill as now the usual inside lights are on and a couple of floodlights at the back.

darlobhoy

Post by darlobhoy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Somebody from the football club messed up with the phone mast deals on the North Stand. I was told by someone at MPRFC that they were using huge amounts of electricity which DFC had to cover!!!

divas

Post by divas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

darlobhoy wrote:Somebody from the football club messed up with the phone mast deals on the North Stand. I was told by someone at MPRFC that they were using huge amounts of electricity which DFC had to cover!!!
You'd be looking at about £350 a month to run an average size mobile phone mast