So, Friday Night, What are we thinking?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakersam
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: So, Friday Night, What are we thinking?

Post by quakersam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:55 pm

I assume it will be because of the hype surrounding the game, the NL seem to like moving games like these around so that fans from other clubs can attend and not miss their own match on the Saturday
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 pm

quakersam wrote:They now have 12 games to fit into 6 Tuesdays and 1 Saturday. That's 5 weeks of playing Tue, Thu, Sat :mrgreen:
no one could say they didn't deserve to win it if they went on to win the league with that schedule !

and if they remained unbeaten in the league and didn't go up it would be devastating for them

but i really hope that run comes to an end on Friday night

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 pm

quakersam wrote:I assume it will be because of the hype surrounding the game, the NL seem to like moving games like these around so that fans from other clubs can attend and not miss their own match on the Saturday
Never mind what the fans of the club involved would prefer eh?!

So long as a couple of lads from Tow law can pop down for a gawp before their big match against The Fox and Hounds on Saturday, it's all good.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 pm

A defeat would be a big setback - there's no getting around that - but at the same time this match isn't all-or-nothing.

If we win I'm still going to be very mindful that there's a load of work still to do. Likewise, if we get beat I'll be looking at the fact that Spenny have the rest of the top five to play away from home plus a fixture backlog to deal with - yes a massive ask, but it's not like we'd be left playing for snookers as there's still a third of the season to go.

I actually fancy us to win anyway. The importance of this game won't be lost on our management team - people like Gray and Gregan were winners and leaders who played in games at the very top level and I think they'd know how to get the players in the right mindset for this one. I fancy our professionalism and traditions as a proper football club to give us the edge.

fanforlife

Post by fanforlife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm

i fancy a double . benfield to beat spenny on tuesday and then us to do likewise on friday . what a season changing four days that could be . :think:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Benfield have no hope of beating Spenny. None whatsoever.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:Benfield have no hope of beating Spenny. None whatsoever.
Guisborough? Aycliffe? Team Northumbria?

Pretty sure they had no hope of beating us.

fanforlife

Post by fanforlife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:45 pm

they most certainly have hope . granted perhaps not a great deal else. however winning runs often come to an end when you least expect it . it might just be tuesday night.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Well, we'll see tomorrow night. Hope you chaps are right, but you won't be.

Feel free to mock the fuck out of me tomorrow if Benfield get something.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Quakerz wrote:Well, we'll see tomorrow night. Hope you chaps are right, but you won't be.

Feel free to mock the fuck out of me tomorrow if Benfield get something.
I look forward to it ;)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I look forward to the nothingness that will ensue.

fanforlife

Post by fanforlife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:I look forward to the nothingness that will ensue.
you must be overdue a good --cking ;)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Like I said, I hope you two are right for obvious reasons. I'll gladly be proven wrong.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Me and a couple if lads are going to the game anyway so I'll be doing updates via my twitter feed if anyone's interested.

northernlad73
Team Supported: Spennymoor Town FC

Post by northernlad73 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
quakersam wrote:I assume it will be because of the hype surrounding the game, the NL seem to like moving games like these around so that fans from other clubs can attend and not miss their own match on the Saturday

So long as a couple of lads from Tow law can pop down for a gawp before their big match against The Fox and Hounds on Saturday, it's all good.
Maybe it's to minimise the drunken element somewhat? A morning and afternoon on the booze on Saturday compared to a Friday night kickoff. Most people will probably be at work on the Friday.
Your club had to agree to it so take it up with them!
Unbelievable Jeff!!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

northernlad73 wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:

Maybe it's to minimise the drunken element somewhat? A morning and afternoon on the booze on Saturday compared to a Friday night kickoff. Most people will probably be at work on the Friday.
Who said anything about taking anything up with anyone? Someone bought it up and I commented on it.

It could have been a Saturday lunch kick off like any other high risk fixture. I don't care who made the final decision/agreed with it, it sucks more cock than you do.

northernlad73

Post by northernlad73 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Some Spennymoor stats at home in the league.
Last defeat, 20/11/2010 to Norton & Stockton Ancients (injury time goal)
46 league games since that defeat.
Won 39
Draws 7
Scored 116
Conceded 21
Clean sheets 27
124 points out of a possible 138

Fair play if you do end our unbeaten run, although I hope you don't!! ;)
Unbelievable Jeff!!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:13 pm

regarding Spenny's game with Benfield...does anyone think they may play a few 2nd string? Keep the 1st team rested for friday? (i'm aware that they have good back-up players)

northernlad73

Post by northernlad73 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
northernlad73 wrote:
Jazz Maverick wrote:

Who said anything about taking anything up with anyone? Someone bought it up and I commented on it.

It could have been a Saturday lunch kick off like any other high risk fixture. I don't care who made the final decision/agreed with it, it sucks more cock than you do.
Ahhhh Jazz, a man of so many pointless words :shh:
Unbelievable Jeff!!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm

What was pointless about jazz's post?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:What was pointless about jazz's post?
I was thinking that.

What kind of retard engages someone in conversation and then claims their response is pointless :lol:

Apart from that retard of course.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:17 am

fanforlife wrote:
they most certainly have hope . granted perhaps not a great deal else. however winning runs often come to an end when you least expect it . it might just be tuesday night.
they beat RCA 1-0 Saturday under a new management team so that gives me a trace of hope. However much you try and avoid it some of the Spenny players may have their minds on Friday. You get some strange results when new managers come in, usually a temporary effect, but still. If there was ever the circumstances for Benfield to win this could be it but nothingness is probably the reality.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:36 pm

fat tony wrote:I actually fancy us to win anyway. The importance of this game won't be lost on our management team - people like Gray and Gregan were winners and leaders who played in games at the very top level and I think they'd know how to get the players in the right mindset for this one. I fancy our professionalism and traditions as a proper football club to give us the edge.

I agree with the above but I wish we had a real proper Gabbiadini like goal scorer in the team.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
fat tony wrote:I actually fancy us to win anyway. The importance of this game won't be lost on our management team - people like Gray and Gregan were winners and leaders who played in games at the very top level and I think they'd know how to get the players in the right mindset for this one. I fancy our professionalism and traditions as a proper football club to give us the edge.

I agree with the above but I wish we had a real proper Gabbiadini like goal scorer in the team.
You don't think we have a natural finisher in the team? :think:
Maybe you're right although I think purewal and Johnson are pretty good finishers. I can't quite work out if Friday will be a tight game or quite expansive.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Pretty much agree with Quakerz on this - three points would be huge for us, but nothing would be catastrophic. Put it this way, I'd settle for a point if you offered me it now. Spennymoor have a massive number of games still to play, so it's inevitable that they'll drop points at some stage.