Game off!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ingleby
Team Supported: Darlington

Game off!

Post by Ingleby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 am

Shock horror.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

MikeinBlack

Re: Game off!

Post by MikeinBlack » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 am

lol. why's that then?
COME ON DARLO!

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 am

Think my ticket for RCA will be staying in my wallet for a while n,all.!! Feckin weather.

Yackley_Quaker

Post by Yackley_Quaker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am

Well I never saw that coming . Gutted.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:33 am

Literraly just read this whilst half way to Bishop on the bus :lol: :oops:

Chris darlo1883

Post by Chris darlo1883 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 am

Is this confirmed?

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 am

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Obviously the undersoil heating system is knackered again!!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Obviously the undersoil heating system is knackered again!!
Er... yeah. :eh:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:37 pm

The way the weather forecast is looking, i would be surprised if Saturday goes ahead

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:The way the weather forecast is looking, i would be surprised if Saturday goes ahead

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Saturday won't be cancelled / postponed because of the weather - no matter how bad it is.

The game(s) on Saturday may well be postponed though

part_time_loid
Team Supported: Pools

Post by part_time_loid » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

You'll be lucky to play again within the next month. Park pitches are always knackered for a month or so once we have heavy frost/snow like this so the kind of pitches you play on will be similar to that.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:46 pm

part_time_loid wrote:You'll be lucky to play again within the next month. Park pitches are always knackered for a month or so once we have heavy frost/snow like this so the kind of pitches you play on will be similar to that.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 pm

We won't be playing for at least 10 days, Saturday will be off and with Shildon's FA Vase game likely to be off at Bitton on Saturday it will be rearranged for next Saturday, this means our midweek game will be cancelled.
Also given Bish have had their DCC game cancelled twice they may switch the game to HP for Tuesday night if they can get it on
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 pm

quakersam wrote:We won't be playing for at least 10 days, Saturday will be off and with Shildon's FA Vase game likely to be off at Bitton on Saturday it will be rearranged for next Saturday, this means our midweek game will be cancelled.
Also given Bish have had their DCC game cancelled twice they may switch the game to HP for Tuesday night if they can get it on
Celtic Nation on the 26th at home would be the next possible game then.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Yep, 10 days..

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 pm

To be honest, we might be waiting longer than that...

Although with 19 matches left we've got a lot less worry than other teams. Even if the next fortnight is a write off we still have either 12 or 13 weekends (I think) plus the same amount of midweeks, so we should still be able to fit the matches in without going to 3 matches a week.

One small problem with further postponements of home games for both us and Bishop could be arranging them all within the midweeks?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

quakersam wrote:We won't be playing for at least 10 days, Saturday will be off and with Shildon's FA Vase game likely to be off at Bitton on Saturday it will be rearranged for next Saturday, this means our midweek game will be cancelled.
Shildon's Vase game has been. Assuming it will be rearranged for next Saturday, on what basis do you think our game on Wednesday will be automatically cancelled? If I'm not mistaken, Spennymoor played a Vase match 3 days after we played them in the League Cup.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Shildon's Vase game has been. Assuming it will be rearranged for next Saturday, on what basis do you think our game on Wednesday will be automatically cancelled? If I'm not mistaken, Spennymoor played a Vase match 3 days after we played them in the League Cup.
It's just what usually happens once clubs get to the latter stages of the Vase, the league see it as a helping hand to allow clubs the best chance of getting through

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 pm

quakersam wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
It's just what usually happens once clubs get to the latter stages of the Vase, the league see it as a helping hand to allow clubs the best chance of getting through
TBH, given the fixture backlog that's continuing to increase, it'll be very hard for the league to justify doing that.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
quakersam wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
TBH, given the fixture backlog that's continuing to increase, it'll be very hard for the league to justify doing that.
True. Hope we can get a game on Wednesday but looks unlikely

part_time_loid
Team Supported: Pools

Post by part_time_loid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm

You'll be lucky to play again next month, let alone this. Get back to your family, Darloids