SPENNYMOOR DEFO GOING FOR PROMOTION!!!!!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Nutz
Team Supported: Darlington

SPENNYMOOR DEFO GOING FOR PROMOTION!!!!!!

Post by Darlo Nutz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Moors Bar on FB announcing about a new off the field board. All so they can take promotion this season. There's a big announcement on the page but I cannot copy from my iPhone and post here. No need for that so called meeting eh!!! Looks like we have the answer!!!

Quakerz

Re: SPENNYMOOR DEFO GOING FOR PROMOTION!!!!!!

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 pm

We had the answer when they applied for promotion on November 30th. Seriously, how dumb as fuck is everyone?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Quakerz wrote:We had the answer when they applied for promotion on November 30th. Seriously, how dumb as fuck is everyone?
They were always going to apply, being a season ahead of schedule there was always doubt as to whether they were just fooking with us or were serious

longlivedarlo

Post by longlivedarlo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:12 am

Quakerz wrote:We had the answer when they applied for promotion on November 30th. Seriously, how dumb as fuck is everyone?
How refreshingly innocent you are Q, do you also believe in UFO's :lol:
I think half the managers in the northern league could have done what gray has done with the budget he has had, don't think anyone should get carried away, the next 3 years will prove him as a manager not this northern league season. I'm as happy as anyone that darlo are heading in the right direction.

Quakerz Post subject: Re: MARTIN GRAYPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 pm
You absolute testicle.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:56 am

right, part of getting promotion for them is having successful off the field operations that make money - getting these new board members in is clearly done with that intention.

Have you seen you they have got in though, it is the head of media & pr team we had last season and a graduate fresh out of Uni. I'd just hold back on being too convinced that will be successful.

Can anyone remember all those great PR and media campaigns that we had last season - you can't, me neither!

If their promotion and development is based upon off the field success and that is who they have brought in I would bet on them requesting to be relegated in a year due to costs spiralling and revenues falling!

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm

You want to be careful who you calling dumb!!!! We didn't have the answer at all, they are only NOW able to accept promotion because of this new board set up in place. According to the story they were denied promotion because they didn't have the infrastructure in place!!!! You are a utter moron at times!!!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm

I don't think they have ever applied for promotion so no chance they were ever denied promotion. They themselves believed they were not ready on this last 3 occasisons by not applying.

They left all the caveats in just in case really, although if everything goes to plan they would expect to take promotion.

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:I don't think they have ever applied for promotion so no chance they were ever denied promotion. They themselves believed they were not ready on this last 3 occasisons by not applying.

They left all the caveats in just in case really, although if everything goes to plan they would expect to take promotion.
Yeah mate, your correct I've just re-read it and said they declined promotion due to watching the likes of Durham and Bishop go up and down and not having the infrastructure in place like Spennymoor have now, my bad. But I stand by the rest of my words ;-)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Darlo Nutz wrote:
You want to be careful who you calling dumb!!!! We didn't have the answer at all, they are only NOW able to accept promotion because of this new board set up in place. According to the story they were denied promotion because they didn't have the infrastructure in place!!!! You are a utter moron at times!!!
And you are wrong, they've never been denied promotion because they've never applied.

Now they have the infrastructure in place they have applied for promotion, which means they want to be promoted, and you call me "moronic" for pointing out facts?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:38 pm

longlivedarlo wrote: How refreshingly innocent you are Q, do you also believe in UFO's :lol:
As it happens...

UFO means unidentified flying object, and as there are things that have been recorded in the sky that were never identified, then that makes unidentified flying objects a fact.

So I don't need to "believe" in them, I "know" such things exist.

in_for_a_shock

Post by in_for_a_shock » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Darlo fans shocked at Spennymoor taking promotion seriously after applying for it :roll:

And now they believe in Aliens, when is the mother ship going to come and take you all away?
The Northern League - second oldest and most competitive League in the world, fact.

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo Nutz wrote:
And you are wrong, they've never been denied promotion because they've never applied.

Now they have the infrastructure in place they have applied for promotion, which means they want to be promoted, and you call me "moronic" for pointing out facts?
You just love correcting people don't you!!! Your a very sad man. But if you read before your post I already accepted I got the the fact about been denied promotion wrong!!! Your a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to all things Darlo no one can deny that but you can act like a utter idiot with said facts as well!
You said earlier about we all knew in November that they were going for promotion, but you've just said they couldn't take the last 3 promotions because no infrastructure in place.
They have ONLY just announced this infrastructure NOW in January so how the hell are we dumb fuckers for not knowing in Novemeber that this would be in place.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Darlo Nutz wrote: You just love correcting people don't you!!! Your a very sad man.
Yes I'm a very sad man that likes information to be right, so that the many readers that come through here can be informed with truth rather than half truth and misinformation.
But if you read before your post I already accepted I got the the fact about been denied promotion wrong!!! Your a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to all things Darlo no one can deny that but you can act like a utter idiot with said facts as well!
You need to learn that correcting people and pointing out facts is not idiotic.
You said earlier about we all knew in November that they were going for promotion, but you've just said they couldn't take the last 3 promotions because no infrastructure in place.
That's basically right. They applied for promotion before the November 30th deadline. They wanted promotion at that point.
They have ONLY just announced this infrastructure NOW in January so how the hell are we dumb fuckers for not knowing in Novemeber that this would be in place.
Because the intention to be promoted was signalled in November with the application for promotion!

Yes they could back out if they felt the infrastructure wasn't quite in place, but ANY team can back out, so does that mean that 0 of the 74 teams that applied by the end of November want to go up?

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:00 pm

So if you like info to be correct, what exactly was wrong with my 1st post in regards to Spenny going for promotion? Nothing, and it was already pointed out I was wrong and I accepted I got the denied/declining promotion bit wrong. I certainly didn't need you to remind me of the fact when I already knew that!!!
Numerous teams will APPLY for promotion but doesn't mean they are going to take it!! What if a team didnt apply for it in Novemeber and then they pissed the league but couldn't take promotion because they hadn't APLLIED for it. I bet NA applied for it but they don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting it!
They could have ONLY applied to put extra pressure on us to cock up our great start in NL. End of the day we in a new league and pissing it really and Spenny won't like it because they have ruled this league for last 3 years!!
Now they have the infrastructure set in place we can 100% say they will take promotion if they win the league, back in November nobody exactly knew the truth! That's why everybody was asking for Spenny just to come out with it but they didn't!!!! UNTIL NOW!!!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Darlo Nutz wrote:So if you like info to be correct, what exactly was wrong with my 1st post in regards to Spenny going for promotion? Nothing, and it was already pointed out I was wrong and I accepted I got the denied/declining promotion bit wrong. I certainly didn't need you to remind me of the fact when I already knew that!!!
Read the thread again. You said none of that in your first post which I replied to. You simply said "now we know the answer"

My point is we've known the answer since November 30th.

Furthermore my comment about dumbness was not aimed specifically at you but the hundreds of people that have been unwilling to accept the facts since November.
Numerous teams will APPLY for promotion but doesn't mean they are going to take it!! What if a team didnt apply for it in Novemeber and then they pissed the league but couldn't take promotion because they hadn't APLLIED for it. I bet NA applied for it but they don't stand a cat in hells chance of getting it!
They could have ONLY applied to put extra pressure on us to cock up our great start in NL. End of the day we in a new league and pissing it really and Spenny won't like it because they have ruled this league for last 3 years!!
Now they have the infrastructure set in place we can 100% say they will take promotion if they win the league, back in November nobody exactly knew the truth! That's why everybody was asking for Spenny just to come out with it but they didn't!!!! UNTIL NOW!!!!
I can't even be arsed to reply to that, you've ground me down.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm

I never doubted it. I still believe Darlo will be offered promotion if they finish second.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 am

mensamoo wrote:I never doubted it. I still believe Darlo will be offered promotion if they finish second.
And I believe the FA would do everything to stop us getting promoted. Either knowingly or not understanding their own rules.

I also think the NL would take any opportunity to keep us down as we're a cash cow for them.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:
mensamoo wrote:I never doubted it. I still believe Darlo will be offered promotion if they finish second.
And I believe the FA would do everything to stop us getting promoted. Either knowingly or not understanding their own rules.

I also think the NL would take any opportunity to keep us down as we're a cash cow for them.
I agree. in that as it stands there is only one promotion place available and that will go to the champions, and if it isn't us then we will have to try again next season. The FA could simply cherry pick another team from a different league for any given (or not given) reason if needs be. More likely they will sort things out by relegating fewer teams instead of promoting more. We must get it into our heads that the only way we will be promoted is if we win the league, second place simply isn't enough.
COME ON DARLO!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:51 pm

in_for_a_shock wrote:Darlo fans shocked at Spennymoor taking promotion seriously after applying for it :roll:

And now they believe in Aliens, when is the mother ship going to come and take you all away?
What's with the constant link from believing in Aliens to the most ridiculous, deluded, fantasy based nonsense someone can believe in? I'd say it's far more ignorant and unrealistic to know that a planet like ours has produced life, society, technology etc, and despite this factually state that the rest of the *entire* universe, a space so vast that we are at present completely incapable of knowing what exists in 99.99999999999999999999% of it, there is absolutely no other life what so ever. Believing in Santa is probably a better way to illustrate your point in this case.

Anyway, to the point, have Spenny actually specifically said the will definitely *take* promotion should they win the league or just reiterated what we already knew, which is that they're open to it as a possibility?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 pm

They will take it providing they have the infrastructure all in place.

Which is what they said at the end of November.

So they're still taking promotion then - unless they turn around and say otherwise.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Anyway, back on topic, I find it very hard not to believe that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. It would be narrow minded and arrogant to believe that in an infinite universe, where intelligent life has developed of its own accord on one planet, that it won't have also developed on an infinite number of other planets.

Whether they have visited Earth yet is another discussion entirely, but they're almost certainly out there somewhere.

As you were.

p.s. does anyone know if Bishop are still planning on taking promotion.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Orvil
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Post by Orvil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Spyman wrote:p.s. does anyone know if Bishop are still planning on taking promotion.
Doesn't matter either way, they aren't gonna get it automatically. The only way they will ever go up is if the cherry picker is fired up, which even if it is it will pick Darlo before them anyway ;) ;)

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Orvil wrote:
Spyman wrote:p.s. does anyone know if Bishop are still planning on taking promotion.
Doesn't matter either way, they aren't gonna get it automatically. The only way they will ever go up is if the cherry picker is fired up, which even if it is it will pick Darlo before them anyway ;) ;)
No, the team that wins the league goes up automatically, so we won't be needing a cherry picker.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC