What do I do?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

What do I do?

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:07 am

Well it's 9am, and nobody knows the actual price at Norton today because they haven't announced it in advance. It should be £6 but rumours are that we'll have a nasty £8 surprise when we get there.

I'm desperate to go but if I turn up and it is £8 in for me and £4 for my son, then I will not allow myself to go in and me and my son will be gutted.

The other option is simply not to go. However if I don't go and it turns out that the rumours were false, I boycotted un-necessarily and they've lost out on much needed income.

Aaargh!

I need the price confirming, and quick. It's not about what they are charging, I just want to know if they're laughing at us or not.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Re: What do I do?

Post by Tori_Gill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 am

Not sure who Neil Tate is but he's written on several fb updates that's its £8/£4. I can't find anything on their website.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:30 am

Just go quakerz, and if its £8 & £4 then make a point of saying that you detest being ripped off and you won't spend anything once you are in the ground. Yes they may be making £2 more per adult on the gate but its £2 less they'll make off anything else.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:32 am

Thing is the club have had a great working relationship with Norton over the years, I don't understand why they would jeopardise that
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 am

Confirmed from Twitter
I can confirm that having spoken to N&S, that tickets are priced at £8 for adults, and £4 for concessions. Kick-off 11am.

\---dfc---/ james

Post by \---dfc---/ james » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 am

it is £8 , £4 lol unlucky quakers not making "another" game :3

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:39 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Confirmed from Twitter
I can confirm that having spoken to N&S, that tickets are priced at £8 for adults, and £4 for concessions. Kick-off 11am.
Another game I'll be missing then

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:43 am

IF they've put up their prices they're bang out of order for sneaking it in.

HOWEVER, if they have and had been upfront about it and said it was because voldemort did them over last season and they are trying to get some money back I would have been more sympathetic to them.

Enjoy pulling your pants down Dim for £2. Some people are SOOOOO cheap!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:48 am

vasaline at the ready for some then, for others it will be sphincter intactus, so disappointing of them and I hope we fucking stuff the bastards.

Sleethy

Post by Sleethy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 am

Fuck them.4 of us not going.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:57 am

\---dfc---/ james wrote:it is £8 , £4 lol unlucky quakers not making "another" game :3
You're about 13 aren't you? I can tell.

I used to make numb comments like that when I was your age. You'll grow out of it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 am

Sod them, I'm not bothering, shitty little spineless no mark of a club. If whoever is in charge has any hint of a synapse in their head then surely they'll have learnt from the W£st debacle. They're just losing money and pi55ing a lot of people off in the process.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 am

DL5 wrote:Sod them, I'm not bothering, shitty little spineless no mark of a club. If whoever is in charge has any hint of a synapse in their head then surely they'll have learnt from the W£st debacle. They're just losing money and pi55ing a lot of people off in the process.
Have they given any reason? As for dfc james just grow up.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 am

princes town wrote:
DL5 wrote:Sod them, I'm not bothering, shitty little spineless no mark of a club. If whoever is in charge has any hint of a synapse in their head then surely they'll have learnt from the W£st debacle. They're just losing money and pi55ing a lot of people off in the process.
Have they given any reason? As for dfc james just grow up.
Not sure, I don't think so, trying to keep it quiet until we turned up, at least West told us they were going to rip us off first.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 am

No, no, it's not as simple as that, and they think they are cleverer than that.

Why? By not announcing it, they are banking on lots of people turning up thinking it is normal prices and ending up just paying it because they are there already and have made the effort to travel. This is deception.

I'm just glad that it DID get out in time for some of us to stand up to it.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 am

Glad I saw this, makes my mind up.

I'm off back to bed, wake me up when we're out of this shitty league

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 am

Well it's a difficult choice...
Not pay the extra £2 and sit at home
Or
Pay the extra £2 and give out football club some support. Our team plays better with bigger crowds (12th man). Look what happened at W£ST when lots didn't turn up... We lost. We can't afford to loose again. Yes it's only £2, we need to be their for DFC not them!
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 am

Darlo Till I Die wrote:Well it's a difficult choice...
Or
Pay the extra £2 and give out football club some support. Our team plays better with bigger crowds (12th man). Look what happened at W£ST when lots didn't turn up... We lost. We can't afford to loose again. Yes it's only £2, we need to be their for DFC not them!
It's not a difficult choice but it's more difficult to take given the last minute discovery of this.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 am

I'll be honest I wasn't planning on attending as we're off to the races but well done to those who have seen the prices this morning and thought twice.

Nice to see some still have principles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 am

Great, up north for crimbo and these piss pants small time wankers pull this. Was looking forward to going too.

To all the 'im going but I won't spend anything in the ground', and 'DA LADZ NEED R SUPPRT' retards - will you ever learn?

princes town

Post by princes town » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 am

Or
...but surely there is a wider issue at stake than the short-term outcome of what happens on the pitch? Isn't there a bigger issue - respect. I am not sure your loyalty argument stands up to be honest. Malcolm Mac said the same thing on Star after our West defeat "Do Darlo fans regret now not going to WA" and I said no. It is the same argument transparency Bernie was in total agreement with us.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 am

Or
The crowd at Aycliffe was 1,000+. We lost.

Your theory has just gone out of the window.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:36 am

Me and the lad (£4 for a 9 year old in the NL) have chose not to go. What would of been £9 for Norton is now £0, I bet they still make more money but I just couldn't take them smiling as I handed over £12.

Absolutely gutted and has spoilt my Boxing Day morning.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Me and the lad (£4 for a 9 year old in the NL) have chose not to go. What would of been £9 for Norton is now £0, I bet they still make more money but I just couldn't take them smiling as I handed over £12.

Absolutely gutted and has spoilt my Boxing Day morning.
Exactly my feelings in every way.

Sleethy

Post by Sleethy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:02 am

Principles are principles.mine are not for sale on Boxing Day or any other day.glad to see some others agree.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 am

Apparently there looks to be around 1,000 Darlo fans there today.

The winners in this are Norton and Stockton, and their deception worked.

It's hard to be harsh on any Darlo fans there today, as most won't have known about the hike until they got there. We've been done over.

Imagine how many would have gone had some of us not found out about their blatant profiteering?

I think we as a club need to learn from this, and in future insist that the opposition clubs give us their prices, otherise our fans will be ripped off again. The fans should have the facts so they can make a choice.

princes town

Post by princes town » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 am

Hilly wrote:I'll be honest I wasn't planning on attending as we're off to the races but well done to those who have seen the prices this morning and thought twice.

Nice to see some still have principles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I thought the races might be off today.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 am

This is getting ridiculous. If the NL can spin up a totally useless 'sweary' initiative which will make no difference whatsoever, why can't they put an end to the immoral actions of club officials.

The message from the NL chiefs seems to be that it's ok to discriminate one set of fans from others. But if you dare say 'damn it!' at a game...then something happens.

Disgraceful.

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 am

So even clubs who we've helped out with friendlies in the past are trying to rip the fans off, i'm starting to hate this league. and all because of a few money grabbing douchebags who think they can bump the prices up when Darlo are in town (only the minority, as most clubs have been top notch)

Norton have clearly tried their best to not release the price information in order to take the piss and lead the fans into a horrible position, after travelling there do they pay the extra entrance fee or decide to turned back and come home?

I was going to turn down coming to huddersfield to visit some family for Christmas so i could get to the game today, fucking glad i didn't now!

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 am

The people who went to W£st should hang their heads in shame.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.