What do I do?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: What do I do?

Post by princes town » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 am

Quakerz wrote:
It's hard to be harsh on any Darlo fans there today, as most won't have known about the hike until they got there. We've been done over.

Imagine how many would have gone had some of us not found out about their blatant profiteering?

I think we as a club need to learn from this, and in future insist that the opposition clubs give us their prices, otherise our fans will be ripped off again. The fans should have the facts so they can make a choice.
I agree. I'm wondering if Supporters Direct have a policy on this. The NL have no rule on this but surely it needs regulation. I think Denis said at the last fans forum that the Evostik have rules on this.

DL5
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by DL5 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 am

Lawman3 wrote:The people who went to W£st should hang their heads in shame.
Yes, you can't blame those who turned up today and were put on the spot or maybe didn't even know the price anyway. I'm at the inlaws for 1:30, thought it was 1 at forst so it was in the balance but at 1:30 I was going to the match until I heard this. Ah well more time to play with my presents

DTID

Post by DTID » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 pm

The best thing we can do is ALL send off a complaint to Mr Amos TODAY!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Darlo Nutz

Post by Darlo Nutz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Does anybody know if Norton fans paid the same as our fans did? If they didn't can they get away with this?

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 pm

DTID wrote:The best thing we can do is ALL send off a complaint to Mr Amos TODAY!

There's nothing he can do about it. they are not breaking any rules. He said so on his blog at the time of the W£st Auckland game.
COME ON DARLO!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 pm

DTID wrote:The best thing we can do is ALL send off a complaint to Mr Amos TODAY!

I have done this just now, I proposed the NL Board look into this issue and propose a rule to resolve these issues. I presume the clubs then vote and if they decide they are fine with this then at least we know where we stand.

DTID

Post by DTID » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:27 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:

There's nothing he can do about it. they are not breaking any rules. He said so on his blog at the time of the W£st Auckland game.
It is Amos' league so he can in effect implement what the hell he wants. He introduced secret shoppers for people using foul language and stated clubs would be punished accordingly. So the least he can do is to introduce ticket prices to be the same in the code of conduct or something.

Last edited by DTID on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DTID

Post by DTID » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:29 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:

I have done this just now, I proposed the NL Board look into this issue and propose a rule to resolve these issues. I presume the clubs then vote and if they decide they are fine with this then at least we know where we stand.
I am submitting mine later this evening. Got a family pub meal first! Putting up prices just for Darlo is not acceptable and should've been nipped in the bud before West Auckland pulled a fast one.

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Had a word with the guy on the gate today. Asked when the price was decided and he said that it was decided last week and £8 was a price recommended by Darlo's club secretary.

I'm assuming they have contacted Darlo and asked for advice on price hikes. Would be interesting if the club could shed some light on this.

Still, prices should have been declared in advance. Bit of a sly one leaving it till the day!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Why would our club secretary recommend another club to rip us off? Why would our club not say anything about it, if it knew?

This does not want to be true. If it is true then that would make our club complicit in 1) ripping it's own fans off and 2) keeping it a secret.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Quakerz wrote:Why would our club recommend another club to rip us off? Why would our club not say anything?
No idea. It's just what the guy on the gate said. Doesn't make sense to me but he was pretty adament.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Answers required.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Ye hopefully the guy has just got crossed wires somewhere. It's certainly a strange move though if there is any truth in it.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Seems to be being denied by our club officials on Twitter which is good.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:IF they've put up their prices they're bang out of order for sneaking it in.

HOWEVER, if they have and had been upfront about it and said it was because voldemort did them over last season and they are trying to get some money back I would have been more sympathetic to them.

Enjoy pulling your pants down Dim for £2. Some people are SOOOOO cheap!
:lol:

Didn't even pay to get in so yeah, pretty cheap day.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 pm

So those who didn't know about the price hike effectively subsidised your free entry Dim.

You really are a pathetic entity especially by bragging about it.

I can't even call you s*** for brains because you have none!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:So those who didn't know about the price hike effectively subsidised your free entry Dim.

Never went to perpously just walk in, just saw the opportunity and took it along with most other people. And no, i'm not bragging about it at all.

cwisstoffhur

Post by cwisstoffhur » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Didn't know about the price rise, got to the ground saw the £8 price and said you're having a laugh aren't you? to which the guy on the gate laughed and said get your wallets out its xmas. If I hadn't got up early just for the match I would have told him where to go and gone home.
It's Clobberin' Time

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 pm

princes town wrote:
Hilly wrote:I'll be honest I wasn't planning on attending as we're off to the races but well done to those who have seen the prices this morning and thought twice.

Nice to see some still have principles.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I thought the races might be off today.
Nah, on and in full swing. Last 2 races to go!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Big Tim wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:So those who didn't know about the price hike effectively subsidised your free entry Dim.

Never went to perpously just walk in, just saw the opportunity and took it along with most other people. And no, i'm not bragging about it at all.

Yes you did brag.

Also, why didn't you hunt a ticket seller down and pay? As you always state, it's only a couple of quid!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
Big Tim wrote:

Yes you did brag.

Also, why didn't you hunt a ticket seller down and pay? As you always state, it's only a couple of quid!
Well I do apoligise if I came across as bragging which I wasn't and No why would I do that, you'd do the same I bet?

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Quakerz wrote:Why would our club secretary recommend another club to rip us off? Why would our club not say anything about it, if it knew?

This does not want to be true. If it is true then that would make our club complicit in 1) ripping it's own fans off and 2) keeping it a secret.
Not true at all Quakerz. The club were as surprised by the change in entry price as anyone this morning - well, I know the Chairman was anyway.

Nasty little club. Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Also, did anyone notice that there was no car park, no working tannoy, no turnstiles (only a brand new box hut, which has clearly just been put there), an increase in price on the programmes, and the most appalling language on the pitch by their team. I really do not know how clubs get away with it, when we get pulled from pillar to post by the NL over everything, yet the 'regular' teams from the NL get to have whatever facilities they feel like and behave however they want, with no consequences at all. :silent:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:54 pm

AnthonyP, our Chairman really needs to get something sorted re away game pricing issues as it's now obvious that Mr Amos has no teeth and no influence.

Our unfair punishment from the F.A. was bad enough without all this.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Well the only thing we can really do as a club is contact the opposition and ensure that we get clarification on their prices a few days beforehand. Once we know the price, advertise it on the Official Website and people then can make an informed choice.

darlogav

Post by darlogav » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Glad to hear it sounds like there was no knowledge from our end. Strange thing to say to the fans coming in though. Maybe he was trying to play it down, he did bite back quite defensively when I asked about the rise.

Still a good result and not a bad game!

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:21 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:AnthonyP, our Chairman really needs to get something sorted re away game pricing issues as it's now obvious that Mr Amos has no teeth and no influence.

I would imagine we will be doing everything in our power to raise the issue in whatever way we can, but, meanwhile we need to make sure that we haven't burned any bridges if the scenario arises where a club ends up being 'cherry picked'. It's pleasing that the concensus throughout the northern league seems to be on our side in that Norton are in the wrong (mainly for the way they have done this, but hey ho) so we need to utilise this.

What can we do ? I'm pretty sure that, as Quakerz has said, we will go out of our way to contact our hosts in the future and advertise the prices before any away games so that there are no more unpleasant surprises.

Generally, I have really enjoyed our visit to the Northern League so far, but there are certain clubs and individuals, who I/we will never forget for all the wrong reasons. People can make their informed choices and we (the fans and the club) do not get drawn into a slanging match with these people. They will get their comeuppance when they want something in the future.

I feel that as a club we must focus on enhancing our chances of being promoted in every way we can, to make sure we get out of this league and work our way back up the ladder as soon as possible.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Well said Anthony.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:31 pm

AnthonyP wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:AnthonyP, our Chairman really needs to get something sorted re away game pricing issues as it's now obvious that Mr Amos has no teeth and no influence.

I would imagine we will be doing everything in our power to raise the issue in whatever way we can, but, meanwhile we need to make sure that we haven't burned any bridges if the scenario arises where a club ends up being 'cherry picked'. It's pleasing that the concensus throughout the northern league seems to be on our side in that Norton are in the wrong (mainly for the way they have done this, but hey ho) so we need to utilise this.

What can we do ? I'm pretty sure that, as Quakerz has said, we will go out of our way to contact our hosts in the future and advertise the prices before any away games so that there are no more unpleasant surprises.

Generally, I have really enjoyed our visit to the Northern League so far, but there are certain clubs and individuals, who I/we will never forget for all the wrong reasons. People can make their informed choices and we (the fans and the club) do not get drawn into a slanging match with these people. They will get their comeuppance when they want something in the future.

I feel that as a club we must focus on enhancing our chances of being promoted in every way we can, to make sure we get out of this league and work our way back up the ladder as soon as possible.
And...I hope our club remain professionally run. We simply have to retain the moral high ground here. And folks, remember, it's not the Norton / w£st fans making the decisions here. Any opportunity to retaliate has to be done towards the decision makers instead.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Went along today without realising about the price hike - was very suspicious of £8 though as it's such a basic little set-up. I'm annoyed but quite glad of not knowing beforehand in a way as I'm only up here for christmas and don't get along to many matches.

That £2 is basically a levy on the 'EACH TO DER OWN ITS A FREE COUNTRY AM JUS SUPPORTIN THE LADS THATS MY OPINION AND AM ENTITLED TO IT' gang who bent over and pulled their pants down for W£st.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:13 pm

The extra £2 was nothing to do with West Auckland as hardly anyone knew about it until they arrived. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!