Problem...attn. Mikkyx et al.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bigbitchtits
Team Supported: Sunderland

Problem...attn. Mikkyx et al.

Post by bigbitchtits » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Certain words are underlined as if linked and when you hover over them they come up with a little advert type box. Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?

Bogratsteve
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Problem...attn. Mikkyx et al.

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Fine for me

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 pm

bigbitchtits wrote:Certain words are underlined as if linked and when you hover over them they come up with a little advert type box. Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?
Only does that for those identified as non Darlo supporters.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bigbitchtits

Post by bigbitchtits » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Quakerz wrote:
bigbitchtits wrote:Certain words are underlined as if linked and when you hover over them they come up with a little advert type box. Is it just me or is it like that for everyone?
Only does that for those identified as non Darlo supporters.

:D . The word 'supporters' had a link for unemployed 'moms' to earn £5000+. Random. It's happening on the SAFC board I post on too I've just noticed. Looks like it's just me then. Strange!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 pm

I had this a while back.

Basically, your browser/computer has some how been 'infected' with some kind of adware (I think it's called).

Easily fixed - I use Chrome and in the settings you can see the application that has installed itself and easily turn it off.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Sounds like you have a nasty in your browser or something http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/333 ... ined-words

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Yep, that's nowt to do with us. Something you've installed (could be a toolbar or piece of software) has hidden a little browser "helper" in the background that's doing this. Suggest you go through your extensions / browser helper objects / plugins (depending on browser) and remove or uninstall anything which looks like it doesn't belong.

Then, if you aren't using it already, upgrade to Chrome.....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Every time I open Chrome it just hangs for a full minute like there is no internet connection, then suddenly it stats working properly...virus? Or a s*** isp? This is happening every single time and is predictable, not on and off. Any ideas?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm

I think it is down to search toolbars you download, I had the problem recently on my laptop, got rid of the toolbar amd everything was alright

Sent by Comrade Marxista Fozzski
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm

I have no extra toolbars that I know of.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Quakerz wrote:I have no extra toolbars that I know of.
Have you tired the uninstall and re-install mate?

I had that problem with Firefox and it cured it, now use chrome as its quicker but maxathon is a good alternative

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:Every time I open Chrome it just hangs for a full minute like there is no internet connection, then suddenly it stats working properly...virus? Or a s*** isp? This is happening every single time and is predictable, not on and off. Any ideas?
Yep, I have the same thing with Chrome.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Spyman wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Every time I open Chrome it just hangs for a full minute like there is no internet connection, then suddenly it stats working properly...virus? Or a s*** isp? This is happening every single time and is predictable, not on and off. Any ideas?
Have you got it linked to a google account? if so it will syc when it opens whic could take a while if you have lots of extensions/downloads etc, you can disconnect it from your account and try it.................

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Bogratsteve wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Have you got it linked to a google account? if so it will syc when it opens whic could take a while if you have lots of extensions/downloads etc, you can disconnect it from your account and try it.................
I think I do, maybe that's it, although I don't have loads of extensions or downloads.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Spyman wrote:
Bogratsteve wrote:
Spyman wrote:
I think I do, maybe that's it, although I don't have loads of extensions or downloads.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Click on settings and its the first bit to click "disconnect from Google account"

bigbitchtits

Post by bigbitchtits » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Was planning on switching to Chrome, but reading the replies on here I've decided to do it now. Firefox is no more! Checked my extensions and it looks like it may have been a torrent app thingy. Anyway, mods you can delete this shite now!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Also, stop visiting left handed websites.... That might help.