CRAIG JAMES & BEN STARSOSA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darloviper
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: CRAIG JAMES & BEN STARSOSA

Post by darloviper » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 pm

One of my mates is best mates with him and he told me
Could be complete bullshit but its just what I was told

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Well, we'll know for sure tomorrow night - if James and Starosta are in the squad then they are still here.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 pm

personally i would have thought Colin would have said something tonight on BBC Tees if he had let them go.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 pm

uncovered wrote:personally i would have thought Colin would have said something tonight on BBC Tees if he had let them go.
he dropped enough hints

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:04 pm

He hasn't let them go just yet. Theyve got the rest of the games to prove themselves... even doing so would mean they'd be second choice anyway as he has already admitted to bringing in a LB & RB.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Quakerz wrote: Main worry for me is that none of the players have signed yet, they have only agreed contracts, and when they find out about Starosta and James what will they think? Will they get a bit nervous and start looking elsewhere?

Does the decision to get rid of those two rightly or wrongly, does it increase the chances of a good player who has agreed to sign going somewhere else?

It may have been better to have waited until the day they can all sign their deals before telling James and Starosta that there is no deal on the table!
He has been very clear about the players he rates though, and has been full of praise for practically the rest of the squad. If he was unsure about any of the others I think he'd have said it.

I said at the start Craig James wasn't good enough, and although I don't think its fair to expect the players to stay true to their word if the manager won't, I'm glad we've seen this ruthless streak in Todd.

Fact is, Todd should have given James a trial first of, not announced him as a signing. Or at the very least he should have asked me for my opinion.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 pm

If this is true, I have sympathy for Starosta, as I don't think he has performed particularily badly (although training and behind the scenes attitude is not seen by any of us) but I have none for James considering his attitude first time around.

Although it may make a few feel uncomfortable, I salute Toddy if he has the bottle to do what he feels is obviously in the best interests of the club.

Regarding Lumsden; If Norwich do genuinely come in for him, don't expect him to stay with us, I wouldn't and why should he? Its not as if we've paid him yet or given him an actual contract (I hope he stays with us though).

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 pm

Beano wrote:If this is true, I have sympathy for Starosta, as I don't think he has performed particularily badly (although training and behind the scenes attitude is not seen by any of us) but I have none for James considering his attitude first time around.

Although it may make a few feel uncomfortable, I salute Toddy if he has the bottle to do what he feels is obviously in the best interests of the club.

Regarding Lumsden; If Norwich do genuinely come in for him, don't expect him to stay with us, I wouldn't and why should he? Its not as if we've paid him yet or given him an actual contract (I hope he stays with us though).
Our best hope would be that he's a north-east lad, he's said he wanted to come back to the north-east, and Norwich is a very long way from the north-east.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:46 am

James fair enough, but i would like Starosta to stay - did ok 2nd half against Newcastle and will be ok against Lg2 opposition, but Maybe Todd has someone else lined up

RH79

Post by RH79 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 am

If this is true it is perhaps harsh on Starosta but i will not be worried about us lgetting rid of Criag James!

It shows a hard, ruthless streak in the manager who, we all hope, as someone better lined up to come in

darloviper

Post by darloviper » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:26 am

They are discussing contracts as we speak so time will tell

DrDarloSA

Post by DrDarloSA » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:37 am

If it was a gentlemen`s agreement,then Mr. Todd mader a mistake but it could also be awake up call to other players to perform. Please remember 3 months ago we were unsure of the future now we are criticising-lets get behind the team whatever the season brings. To be competing was our only wish once.

PDL23

Post by PDL23 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:38 am

When I first heard about them being told to leave I though it was harsh due to the agreements but after thinking about it if it was any other job they would be on a probation period and if you couldnt make the grade you wouldnt get a contract. In a way its nice to see it treated like a normal job as thats how the players treat it.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am

ALERT

This post was started by that pill**k who pretends to be Andy Oakes. I should have noticed last night.

His style and innappropriate language does not make sense. I'm afraid this is probably another of the BarmyArmy1/ColinTodd1/Windass40 and now GK1 viruses!!

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 am

wylam_rangers wrote:ALERT

This post was started by that pill**k who pretends to be Andy Oakes. I should have noticed last night.

His style and innappropriate language does not make sense. I'm afraid this is probably another of the BarmyArmy1/ColinTodd1/Windass40 and now GK1 viruses!!
Not to sure on that one... GK1's posts make sense but the spellings are often bad. Where as BarmyArmy1/ColinTodd1/Windass40 is just a complete retard.

BlackandwhiteBOB

Post by BlackandwhiteBOB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:01 pm

A lot of people seem to think that Todd should have waited til the last day to tell James and Starosta that they were off. Do you not think that CT has done it now (if it is indeed confirmed) to give the lads every chance to fix themselves up somewhere else.

To leave it til the last minute and then tell them giving them next to no options for next season is a c***s trick! I'm surprised more people don't seem to think so!

If it is confirmed then I feel it is the right decision, all this talk of keeping players as back up is b******s, we can't afford any. Every member of our small squad this season has to be the best we can get for our budget as every member will have a significant part to play throughout the year!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:59 pm

He IS Andy Oakes.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 pm

RealStadiumDFC wrote:

Not to sure on that one... GK1's posts make sense but the spellings are often bad. Where as BarmyArmy1/ColinTodd1/Windass40 is just a complete retard.
What has his ability to spell got to do with whether he may or may not be a professional footballer? Are footballers all well educated?

DC