Celtic Nation increase price by 25% for Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Celtic Nation increase price by 25% for Darlo

Post by Quakerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Are we going to let these clubs keep doing this to us then? Basically the 300 or so that let West s*** on their faces have encouraged Celtic Nation to do the same. Well done boys, now we're everyone's cash cow. Very well done.

As their laughable official website does not give any relevant information, what with being a year out of date, you need to go to this thread http://nonleaguezone.com/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=93810 to get the prices. £4 and £2 for ALL league and cup matches this season.

They are charging £5 for us, 25% more, despite the statement on the link.

Needless to say, I'm boycotting. PRINCIPLE.

Fuck them and their 27 fans.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Big Tim

Re: Celtic Nation increase price by 25% for Darlo

Post by Big Tim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:22 pm

I can't see the point in putting it up by £1, hopefully it's just a typo.
Last edited by Big Tim on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Admission prices are £5 and £2 concessions.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm

£2 entry for me then.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:36 pm

So this is legit? Not an official site typo?

Brilliant.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 pm

mikkyx wrote:So this is legit? Not an official site typo?

Brilliant.
Email I have states £5 and £2.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm

If this is confirmed and they have indeed raised the admission prices for this weekend, it'll be another weekend in front of the telly for me.

I wonder how many supporters continue to slap the club in the face and just turn up anyway.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Yet their prices are £4 and £2.

I know we're talking about pissant amounts of money here, but the fact is that they've snook this in.

They can fuck off! All 27 of them!

Why should we line their pockets, they are another rich club with no fans that doesn't need the money.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

TFDM wrote:
mikkyx wrote:So this is legit? Not an official site typo?

Brilliant.
Email I have states £5 and £2.
I'd write back querying it before I have to go off and set up another Facebook page :D
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yet their prices are £4 and £2.

I know we're talking about pissant amounts of money here, but the fact is that they've snook this in.

They can fuck off! All 27 of them!

Why should we line their pockets, they are another rich club with no fans that doesn't need the money.
I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter whether the increase is £1, £5 or 10p.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Sadly, the prophecy of the three wise men - Jazz Maverick, Fatty Eats Roadkill, and A Kick In The Jacobs - has came to pass. That prophecy was that unless we showed everyone properly that we wouldn't be taken the piss out of, that other unscrupulous, small time clubs would also put prices up.

Good on Durham City and Newton Aycliffe, by the way!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm

To be honest I don't see the problem this time. I skipped West as that was out of order but at £4, CN are the cheapest in the league, I would have expected them to go up to a fiver. Most people before the West game stated they wouldn't mind if clubs put it up a quid or two. I would be going to Keltic but unfortunately I'm working this weekend
Last edited by quakersam on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

carver30

Post by carver30 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm

It's their decision get over it, absolutely nothing anyone can do.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 pm

I know this goes against Jazz and Fatty etc (and i think other clubs putting the prices up is a disgrace) but i think we should go with it until we know what spenny are doing about promotion. I think the 12th man effect our travelling fans have brough have spurred us on in the second half of games (and put the shits up our opponents), winning us a lot of points. The aim of this season is to get out of this pissant league with its tinpot clubs charging whatever they like, if we have to be used as a cash cow for a couple of months then so be it, i'd rather pay a few quid more and be out of this league than have principals and be stuck in it for at least another year. If we find out in a few weeks that Spenny arent going for promotion and were guaranteed it by finishing second then we can boycott away games at clubs that put the prices up as the odd loss here and there won't really matter as much, but until we know that we have to win everything and need the fans to help us do that.

Pay the quid extra, collect three points and laugh at them when they fall back down the leagues when the chairman pulls out.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:03 pm

The ramifications of the West attendees are there to see. Fooking brilliant.
Craig Liddle is God!!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm

A £1 hike? The cheek of these tinpot, sheep violating cretins!.... However this may present the opportunity for a bit of fun on NLZ.... :twisted:

carver30 wrote:It's their decision get over it, absolutely nothing anyone can do.
Can't you chain yourself to the Arena gates or something?
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I know this goes against Jazz and Fatty etc (and i think other clubs putting the prices up is a disgrace) but i think we should go with it until we know what spenny are doing about promotion. I think the 12th man effect our travelling fans have brough have spurred us on in the second half of games (and put the shits up our opponents), winning us a lot of points. The aim of this season is to get out of this pissant league with its tinpot clubs charging whatever they like, if we have to be used as a cash cow for a couple of months then so be it, i'd rather pay a few quid more and be out of this league than have principals and be stuck in it for at least another year. If we find out in a few weeks that Spenny arent going for promotion and were guaranteed it by finishing second then we can boycott away games at clubs that put the prices up as the odd loss here and there won't really matter as much, but until we know that we have to win everything and need the fans to help us do that.

Pay the quid extra, collect three points and laugh at them when they fall back down the leagues when the chairman pulls out.
And what if we don't get promoted this season? What's to stop all the other clubs from pulling a similar stunt on us next season?

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm

This is just the start. Well done all those who went to West! You will reap what you have sown.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:I know this goes against Jazz and Fatty etc (and i think other clubs putting the prices up is a disgrace) but i think we should go with it until we know what spenny are doing about promotion. I think the 12th man effect our travelling fans have brough have spurred us on in the second half of games (and put the shits up our opponents), winning us a lot of points. The aim of this season is to get out of this pissant league with its tinpot clubs charging whatever they like, if we have to be used as a cash cow for a couple of months then so be it, i'd rather pay a few quid more and be out of this league than have principals and be stuck in it for at least another year. If we find out in a few weeks that Spenny arent going for promotion and were guaranteed it by finishing second then we can boycott away games at clubs that put the prices up as the odd loss here and there won't really matter as much, but until we know that we have to win everything and need the fans to help us do that.

And what if we don't get promoted this season? What's to stop all the other clubs from pulling a similar stunt on us next season?
There is nothing to stop them doing it, but we will have more chance of going up this year if we have a strong away following. Like i said, we will know in a couple of weeks if Spenny are going for promotion, if they arent then boycott away!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Quakerz wrote:Sadly, the prophecy of the three wise men - Jazz Maverick, Fatty Eats Roadkill, and A Kick In The Jacobs - has came to pass. That prophecy was that unless we showed everyone properly that we wouldn't be taken the piss out of, that other unscrupulous, small time clubs would also put prices up.
Yes, they were spot on. I'd class them less as prophets just people with a good dose of worldy wisdom. Unfortunately, I've lost may faith in the ability of the club to organise collective action of this kind. I've got that 'failed strike' feeling. I don't know if it was just me but a lot of Darlo people behind the goal seemed sort of on the young side. Maybe at that age some people don't think through the consequence of their actions as clearly as perhaps you would a bit later on in life???

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 pm

quakersam wrote:To be honest I don't see the problem this time. I skipped West as that was out of order but at £4, CN are the cheapest in the league, I would have expected them to go up to a fiver. Most people before the West game stated they wouldn't mind if clubs put it up a quid or two. I would be going to Keltic but unfortunately I'm working this weekend
Initially, I was of the opinion that if clubs put their price up by £1 that I wouldn't care, BUT the West debacle has left such a sour taste, that's it's not even about how much they hiked prices, but the principle that they were taking the absolute pis out of us. Any price hike is now a piss take, would Celtic Nation have put their prices up before West Auckland came along?

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Quakerz wrote:
quakersam wrote:To be honest I don't see the problem this time. I skipped West as that was out of order but at £4, CN are the cheapest in the league, I would have expected them to go up to a fiver. Most people before the West game stated they wouldn't mind if clubs put it up a quid or two. I would be going to Keltic but unfortunately I'm working this weekend
Initially, I was of the opinion that if clubs put their price up by £1 that I wouldn't care, BUT the West debacle has left such a sour taste, that's it's not even about how much they hiked prices, but the principle that they were taking the absolute pis out of us. Any price hike is now a piss take, would Celtic Nation have put their prices up before West Auckland came along?
Absolutely right. The issue is not about the size (absolute/%) of the increase, it is about transparency and opportunism. Admission prices should be organised at the start of the season.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

princes town wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Absolutely right. The issue is not about the size (absolute/%) of the increase, it is about transparency and opportunism. Admission prices should be organised at the start of the season.
Take it up with the league then. Everyone is fully aware that a team can increase the prices match by match if they choose. Stop getting pissed off with people who only go to the match for the love of it and not the politics

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks for the title "wise man" Q. :thumbup:

NOW FOR THE RANT!!

FUCK GILFORD PARK! FUCK ANYONE WHO RAISES THEIR PRICES!

FUCK YOU FAT DIM!

FUCK YOU THE OTHER 300!

I HAD TO PROSTITUTE MYSELF TO THE WIFE TO ATTEND THIS MATCH. I HAVE HAD TO MOP THE KITCHEN FLOOR TO BE ALLOWED TO GO!
WHAT FOR?

FOR SOME SHITTY LITTLE CUMBRIAN FUCKWITS TO FUCK ME OVER!

FAT DIM AND THE 300, FUCK YOU WITH A RED HOT POKER WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE YOU SHITS!

BET YOU FAT DIM WILL JUSTIFY ATTENDING TO HIMSELF BY SAYING HE IS STANDING UP TO BULLIES. FUCK YOU! YOUR ACTIONS LAST WEEK HAVE BULLIED ME INTO NOT ATTENDING!

WANKERS!!!!!

Well done Durham city and Newton Aycliffe. Not taken the piss :clap:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Tim has already said on NLZ that a £1 rise is fuck all, missing the point as always.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm

The original game was postponed and they had been no mention I believe of a rise then.

Were they going to charge £5 then or just decided after West and 300 or so turned up now just fancy increasing the price.

Basically a number of clubs now just think it's open season and are willing to test the water.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Playing Devil's Advocate here, maybe Celtic Nation are basically doing what West said they were going to do (but reasonably) i.e. putting up the price by a nominal amount to pay for any extra stewards that are needed?

West Aucklands blatent doubling of admission prices was nothing but greed, but maybe Celtic Nation's is nothing more than to make sure they can afford to pay for additional costs that come with a big crowd?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Bollox Hilly and you know it!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm

They get 27 people for home matches and therefore next to zero income. They aren't going to need 25 stewards for 400 or 500 Darlo fans, maybe 5 stewards max. Even if they did need 25 stewards they aren't going to cost the couple of grand that they'd make through gate receipts.