West Auckland Boycott Mega Thread!! (keep posts here please)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boycott Support in the Press

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
DTID wrote: It is important we do not alienate supporters who want to go to the game to support our team regardless.
Why? They're alienating those of us standing up for ourselves and our club.
What if they get so pissed off by people slating them for weeks after the game that they end up losing interest in the club all together?
Good riddance - who would want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with such people?!?
:crazy:

I think some people are going a bit over the top on this. I fully support the boycott, and I'll be disappointed in those who go. However, people are free to go if they wish. I will spend the next week or so trying to get through to those people reasons why, in my opinion, they shouldn't go. However, I'm not going to start hating those who do go.

ian_brown
Team Supported: Fulchester United

Re: West Auckland Boycott Mega Thread!! (keep posts here ple

Post by ian_brown » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:58 pm

AIDO wrote:Northern Echo Editorial Comment - 31st Oct 2012

... http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/featur ... of_regret/
Cheers for that mate.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm

mobi wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:So who has been threatened and by whom?

The mods would have got them immediately!
There is an undercurrent of intimidation in your posts. This much is obvious.

I look forward to your apology mobi! Where have I threatened anyone or implied it?
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

mobi

Post by mobi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
mobi wrote:

I look forward to your apology mobi! Where have I threatened anyone or implied it?
You are intimidating people by calling them scabs, talking about whether their photos will be visible on our website. Calling someone a "selfish brainless c***", saying that attending this game is a good as crossing a picket line (which only seems to exist in your head). It's almost tempting to go just to annoy you.

On top of all this you are a hysterical prick who clearly missed out on the miner's strike and wants to make up for it.

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:18 pm

al_quaker wrote:I think some people are going a bit over the top on this. I fully support the boycott, and I'll be disappointed in those who go. However, people are free to go if they wish. I will spend the next week or so trying to get through to those people reasons why, in my opinion, they shouldn't go. However, I'm not going to start hating those who do go.
Clearly, their actions are not the antithesis of your principles.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

mobi wrote:You are intimidating people by calling them scabs, talking about whether their photos will be visible on our website. Calling someone a "selfish brainless c***", saying that attending this game is a good as crossing a picket line (which only seems to exist in your head). It's almost tempting to go just to annoy you.

On top of all this you are a hysterical prick who clearly missed out on the miner's strike and wants to make up for it.
Mobi - dick.

mobi

Post by mobi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 pm

mobi wrote:You are intimidating people by calling them scabs, talking about whether their photos will be visible on our website. Calling someone a "selfish brainless c***", saying that attending this game is a good as crossing a picket line (which only seems to exist in your head). It's almost tempting to go just to annoy you.

Mobi - dick.
No thank you. I'm flattered but I'm straight.

carver30

Post by carver30 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 pm

To compare this to the miners who fought for their jobs and Communities is bordering on the ridiculous. This is a football match where ill advised WA have put up their prices which 100% don't agree with. We charge £8 per game and although I don't like paying another £2 I won't be buying any refreshments on top of that. I fully see why people may want to boycott the game likewise I don't have a truck with those that want to attend.

This is a football game not life and death, lets get some perspective back on this board.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 pm

mobi wrote:
mobi wrote:

You are intimidating people by calling them scabs, talking about whether their photos will be visible on our website. Calling someone a "selfish brainless c***", saying that attending this game is a good as crossing a picket line (which only seems to exist in your head). It's almost tempting to go just to annoy you.

Never mentioned the word scab!
I asked if the pictures would be pixelated true. Not a threat in anyway. Legal right to have them pixelated.
What is a boycott if not a picket line by another name.
Wasn't too late for the miners. I'm from Doncaster/Barnsley border originally and was born in 1972. Makes me old enough to have experienced it and lived it.

Any more pathetic attempts at mud slinging?
Still awaiting your apology!

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:48 pm

carver30 wrote:To compare this to the miners who fought for their jobs and Communities is bordering on the ridiculous. This is a football match where ill advised WA have put up their prices which 100% don't agree with. We charge £8 per game and although I don't like paying another £2 I won't be buying any refreshments on top of that. I fully see why people may want to boycott the game likewise I don't have a truck with those that want to attend.

This is a football game not life and death, lets get some perspective back on this board.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
Seriously, WA will be gutting themselves laughing at this thread. :(

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:49 pm

carver30 wrote:To compare this to the miners who fought for their jobs and Communities is bordering on the ridiculous. This is a football match where ill advised WA have put up their prices which 100% don't agree with. We charge £8 per game and although I don't like paying another £2 I won't be buying any refreshments on top of that. I fully see why people may want to boycott the game likewise I don't have a truck with those that want to attend.

You are being unnecessarily selfish to the detriment of others - that's why others have taken issue with you.

That you don't understand and accept this indicates that you're a clueless twat.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 pm

You are being unnecessarily selfish to the detriment of others - that's why others have taken issue with you.

That you don't understand and accept this indicates that you're a clueless twat.
You can take me of your signature, I'm not going anymore.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Big Tim wrote: You can take me of your signature, I'm not going anymore.
What's your reason for not going?

mobi

Post by mobi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:10 pm

mobi wrote:
mobi wrote:

Never mentioned the word scab!
I asked if the pictures would be pixelated true. Not a threat in anyway. Legal right to have them pixelated.
What is a boycott if not a picket line by another name.
Wasn't too late for the miners. I'm from Doncaster/Barnsley border originally and was born in 1972. Makes me old enough to have experienced it and lived it.

Any more pathetic attempts at mud slinging?
Still awaiting your apology!
You missed it mate, unless you were on the picket line at 12 years old! A boycott is not a picket line by another name. A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest. This is a boycott, not a strike, and nobody is a scab.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Cause there's most probably gunna be highlights and my mates have persuaded me not to.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm

And I haven't called anyone scab, but I'll gladly call you a fuckwit!

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Big Tim wrote:
Cause there's most probably gunna be highlights and my mates have persuaded me not to.
You would have earned more brownie points by saying you came to that conclusion by yourself but life's not perfect and we've got to where we want.

And a genuine good luck with your weight loss.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:37 pm

al_quaker wrote:I think some people are going a bit over the top on this. I fully support the boycott, and I'll be disappointed in those who go. However, people are free to go if they wish. I will spend the next week or so trying to get through to those people reasons why, in my opinion, they shouldn't go. However, I'm not going to start hating those who do go.
Clearly, their actions are not the antithesis of your principles.
Evidently so...

Just to note I hate what West have done, and I implore every Darlo fan to boycott.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Mobi,

I have not called anyone a scab.
I have not threatened anyone.
I did not mention the miners till you accused me of it.
As there was talk of demonstrations, picket was the correct terminology.

Next time you want to show yourself up please do not involve me by targeting me with incorrect quotes.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:32 pm

What's all this then? I've not been on here much lately and don't have the energy to read any of it, but given that this thread has reached 20 pages I can only assume that Ted Forster has returned, died, come back to life, insulted Andy Park, re-kindled the Roll of Honour debate, organised an ill-fated three-day fundraising walk from Billingham to Wynyard, bought the club, sacked Martin Gray, hired Simon Davey, changed our home shirt to blue and white stripes, put the club into administration and done a s*** on Craig Liddle. I gather he may have raised ticket prices too.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:46 pm

Hawkeye wrote:What's all this then? I've not been on here much lately and don't have the energy to read any of it, but given that this thread has reached 20 pages I can only assume that Ted Forster has returned, died, come back to life, insulted Andy Park, re-kindled the Roll of Honour debate, organised an ill-fated three-day fundraising walk from Billingham to Wynyard, bought the club, sacked Martin Gray, hired Simon Davey, changed our home shirt to blue and white stripes, put the club into administration and done a s*** on Craig Liddle. I gather he may have raised ticket prices too.
On reflection i'm shocked this thread hasn't involved any of the above.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Hawkeye wrote:What's all this then? I've not been on here much lately and don't have the energy to read any of it, but given that this thread has reached 20 pages I can only assume that Ted Forster has returned, died, come back to life, insulted Andy Park, re-kindled the Roll of Honour debate, organised an ill-fated three-day fundraising walk from Billingham to Wynyard, bought the club, sacked Martin Gray, hired Simon Davey, changed our home shirt to blue and white stripes, put the club into administration and done a s*** on Craig Liddle. I gather he may have raised ticket prices too.
yep, that's about it.

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 pm

DTID wrote:I think it is difficult for the echo and the club to "support" a boycott. I think it is much better the way things have been done so far in allowing supporters to make up their own minds.

It is important we do not alienate supporters who want to go to the game to support our team regardless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I think the way the Club has behaved is exemplary. Encouraging non attendees to watch Bishop and getting the players to suggest a charity to donate to instead of going . Superb. No of course they can't advocate a boycott in so many words.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 pm

I think at one stage somebody took a s*** on Hilly, but I don't think it was Craig Liddle.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

number_one

Post by number_one » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:01 am

I thought it was more spefic and actually s*** in his face?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 am

I wonder if Barry Conlon will be coming back?

onewayup

there will be darlo fans at west.

Post by onewayup » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Don't you just love it, there are a number of fans who are only going to pay consession prices anyway so why should they boycott this game, you can't tar them with the same brush as those who would pay full 10 pounds .the be all and end all is a reluctance to allow west to profit from our club ,consession price's don't allow that to happen.so to those consession who do go good on you i applaud you and hold no quarmes about you going.some on here need to think what it is they are posting about let us not castigate our own fans for doing nothing wrong in going.they are darlo fans young or old.

divas

Re: there will be darlo fans at west.

Post by divas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

another west thread??!?!

FFS i'll be glad when it's over.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:11 pm

onewayup wrote:Don't you just love it, there are a number of fans who are only going to pay consession prices anyway so why should they boycott this game, you can't tar them with the same brush as those who would pay full 10 pounds .the be all and end all is a reluctance to allow west to profit from our club ,consession price's don't allow that to happen.so to those consession who do go good on you i applaud you and hold no quarmes about you going.some on here need to think what it is they are posting about let us not castigate our own fans for doing nothing wrong in going.they are darlo fans young or old.
Have they not increased concession prices too?

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Yes doubled.

This is not about £10 FFS.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.