Billingham Synthonia 1-4 Darlington - Extended Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TFDM
Team Supported: Darlington

Billingham Synthonia 1-4 Darlington - Extended Highlights

Post by TFDM » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 am

Extended highlights are now up at http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/?p=2238

Match report to follow when I get it and post match quotes to follow as well. It'll probably be in the afternoon though as I'm busy in the morning.

Enjoy.

Bogratsteve

Re: Billingham Synthonia 1-4 Darlington - Extended Highlight

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 am

Thanks Kev, looks like we should have had a load more, the pitch appeared very heavy and lumpy, was this the case?

Brown looked to be getting further forward today, when did we last have such a brilliant number 9 play for us........ the mount of times he is marked by 2 players and beats them both is staggering.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks Kev once again, it is greatly appreciated

DarloMoose

Post by DarloMoose » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 am

Great coverage as always!! Cheers Kev
DARLO TILL I DIE

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Excellent coverage again - thanks Kev.

Great second goal - good link up play. And the flick on header to set up Brown was towering!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Thomo's goal (our 3rd goa)l was my favourite yesterday. Loved that little back heal pass on the wing that ultimately led to it. It's also good to see the passion in the players. They also certainly love the passion of the vociferous Darlo hoards.

Quakerian

Post by Quakerian » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Well done Kev, great coverage this season home and away which we haven't had for previous seasons. Loving the chance to review the game after seeing them live. Thanks again
Quakerian

NonBrainZone

Post by NonBrainZone » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 am

To be honest, we can all see the defensive weakness when Synners scored their goal, the way there was nobody there and how the cross cum shot just trickled over the line. Also, realistically speaking your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goals were all very lucky, so it's safe to say you're not going to be winning 4-1 every week. Plus your away kit is rubbish, and I say that as someone that has always like 1883 kits.

The likes of Bedlington, Ashington, Bishop and Dunston have nothing to be scared of, and going off that match Spenny, Shildon, West, Whitley Bay will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of an easy 3 points.
Twitter @NonBrainZone

Demanding respect for our clubs.

West Auckland Town 2 Arrogance 1

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm

NonBrainZone wrote:To be honest, we can all see the defensive weakness when Synners scored their goal, the way there was nobody there and how the cross cum shot just trickled over the line. Also, realistically speaking your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goals were all very lucky, so it's safe to say you're not going to be winning 4-1 every week. Plus your away kit is rubbish, and I say that as someone that has always like 1883 kits.

The likes of Bedlington, Ashington, Bishop and Dunston have nothing to be scared of, and going off that match Spenny, Shildon, West, Whitley Bay will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of an easy 3 points.
:lol:

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 pm

I just want to take this opportunity to say what a resounding success the game was on Saturday. It was a pleasure to have the Darlington fans at the game and I hope they enjoyed their afternoon with us.

Darlington deserved to win but Synners gave a very good display in the first half and can be extremely proud of their efforts. The memories from Saturday will remain with me forever from seeing my son Stuart as mascot, Danny Johnson's cross cum goal to give us the lead and the best set of pictures I have every taken in my life.

More so the Darlington fans made the afternoon for me as given I haven't been to a professional match since May 2008, I had forgotten what it was like to appreciate singing, a packed stand and an atmosphere. The picture I took of the Darlington players celebrating the equaliser in front the stand will be etched in my mind forever because sometimes you have to enjoy the moment even though it is not yours to enjoy.

Thank you to all the Darlington fans who attended as you were a genuine pleasure to have and your company was much appreciated. I wish you all the very best for the future and hope a certain team who entertain you next month, see sense, give their heads a shake and welcome you with open arms like all of us did at Billingham Synthonia FC.

Taken from Stev48 on the billy synners forum, if only nlz had more people like him .
Think before posting

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:I just want to take this opportunity to say what a resounding success the game was on Saturday. It was a pleasure to have the Darlington fans at the game and I hope they enjoyed their afternoon with us.

Darlington deserved to win but Synners gave a very good display in the first half and can be extremely proud of their efforts. The memories from Saturday will remain with me forever from seeing my son Stuart as mascot, Danny Johnson's cross cum goal to give us the lead and the best set of pictures I have every taken in my life.

More so the Darlington fans made the afternoon for me as given I haven't been to a professional match since May 2008, I had forgotten what it was like to appreciate singing, a packed stand and an atmosphere. The picture I took of the Darlington players celebrating the equaliser in front the stand will be etched in my mind forever because sometimes you have to enjoy the moment even though it is not yours to enjoy.

Thank you to all the Darlington fans who attended as you were a genuine pleasure to have and your company was much appreciated. I wish you all the very best for the future and hope a certain team who entertain you next month, see sense, give their heads a shake and welcome you with open arms like all of us did at Billingham Synthonia FC.

Taken from Stev48 on the billy synners forum, if only nlz had more people like him .
Very nice touch.

You don't happen to know if he posts pictures anywhere because i like the sound of the one he described
Craig Liddle is God!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:I just want to take this opportunity to say what a resounding success the game was on Saturday. It was a pleasure to have the Darlington fans at the game and I hope they enjoyed their afternoon with us.

Maybe someone (if anyone from a Darlo ip address is allowed) could post this on NLZ - this is the sot of thing that hopefully the majority of open-minded football fans in the Northern League are thinking.

They are experiencing something different - getting a little view into professional football support. Not neccesarily something they should aspire to, or want to be part of, but possibly the only opportunity they'll have to experience it at their home grounds.

It is a shame that there seems to be such a bitterness among some factions of Northern League support. I hope that it is a minority and more people are more like Stev48.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:32 pm

I particularly like this bit:

The picture I took of the Darlington players celebrating the equaliser in front the stand will be etched in my mind forever because sometimes you have to enjoy the moment even though it is not yours to enjoy.

Our being in the Northern League is something for everyone to enjoy - our own fans and the fans of all the other clubs in the league.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Paolo
Team Supported: Billingham Synthonia

Post by Paolo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 pm

darlo_baron wrote:You don't happen to know if he posts pictures anywhere because i like the sound of the one he described
As soon as he sends me a text to say hes managed to upload them, they'll be linked from the Synners website.

Have to say agree with almost all of what he said , I didnt take an ounce of enjoyment in the equaliser tho. :twisted:

Also thanks to Kev for letting me embed the video on our web. Our goal ... he meant it ;)

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:43 pm

NonBrainZone wrote:To be honest, we can all see the defensive weakness when Synners scored their goal, the way there was nobody there and how the cross cum shot just trickled over the line. Also, realistically speaking your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goals were all very lucky, so it's safe to say you're not going to be winning 4-1 every week. Plus your away kit is rubbish, and I say that as someone that has always like 1883 kits.

:o :shock: :sick:
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Spyman wrote:

Maybe someone (if anyone from a Darlo ip address is allowed) could post this on NLZ - this is the sot of thing that hopefully the majority of open-minded football fans in the Northern League are thinking.

They are experiencing something different - getting a little view into professional football support. Not neccesarily something they should aspire to, or want to be part of, but possibly the only opportunity they'll have to experience it at their home grounds.

It is a shame that there seems to be such a bitterness among some factions of Northern League support. I hope that it is a minority and more people are more like Stev48.

Of course it's a minority, as anyone whose attended our games this season can testify. In fact, it's a miniscule % of northern league fans - certain people have placed far to much importance on a tiny website, with about 20 regular posters, and let it cloud their vision of the league itself. We lived without NLZ perfectly well before this season, and they without us. Perhaps that's the way it's meant to be.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm not convinced that only NLZ has the bitter, Darlo detesting element. Forums in my opinion give a good representation of the general cross section of people supporting a club. You have the quiet ones, the gobby ones, the know it alls, the bitter ones, the nasty ones, the funny ones just as you would in any crowd.

Realistically we're only going to be welcomed by the happy, glad to see us, fair people at any ground, whereas the whinging, bitter plebs dying to see us fail will be sat silently in the backround. They're not so silent on forums though!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Paolo wrote:
darlo_baron wrote:You don't happen to know if he posts pictures anywhere because i like the sound of the one he described
As soon as he sends me a text to say hes managed to upload them, they'll be linked from the Synners website.

Have to say agree with almost all of what he said , I didnt take an ounce of enjoyment in the equaliser tho. :twisted:

Also thanks to Kev for letting me embed the video on our web. Our goal ... he meant it ;)
Cheers Paulo, was a good game and I thought your guys played great football and what seemed a pitch for giants. Not sure if our fitness our your midweek game caught up for you but once the second half started an dwe equalised they seemed only one team going to win.

Bought a programme and raffle ticket and I hope your club made some good money out of it. Welcommed from the off and it was a great day out, hope to see you again in a pre season friendly and not a league match if you know what I mean.